College Football Players Better Think Twice About a Boycott

4,945 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Moon Shadow
RikkiTikkaTagem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/08/if-college-football-season-doesnt-happen-nfl-likely-will-play-on-saturdays/amp/

NFL goes to Saturday and people will get their fill of football without college football players.

If NFL plays Thursday, Saturday (3 time slots ), Sunday (3 time slots) and Monday night, then that's 24 hours of football a week. Only a very small percentage of football fans will want to watch more than that and CFB may not be that missed by casual football fans.
Science Denier
AG
If they boycott, do they lose their scholarships?
LOL OLD
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Doesn't matter to me, I won't watch either.
hdrydor
AG
Agree, except screw the NFL.
chase128
AG
Local businesses will go under if college football doesn't happen. Tons of people will lose their jobs. Think about B/CS and how many businesses rely on A&M playing football
Dad-O-Lot
AG
chase128 said:

Local businesses will go under if college football doesn't happen. Tons of people will lose their jobs. Think about B/CS and how many businesses rely on A&M playing football
I may drive to College Station on a game day just to have beer and burger at the Chicken.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Good, let them walk. Bye college football players! (Wave) You've acted like jackasses. We don't care and realize we actually enjoy life more than watching your prima Donna asses on Saturday. We actually enjoy spending time with our kids and doing things with them that are much less expensive and some which improve our souls.

PS-BYE NFL(yeah don't care about you either)
ATM9000
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/08/if-college-football-season-doesnt-happen-nfl-likely-will-play-on-saturdays/amp/

NFL goes to Saturday and people will get their fill of football without college football players.

If NFL plays Thursday, Saturday (3 time slots ), Sunday (3 time slots) and Monday night, then that's 24 hours of football a week. Only a very small percentage of football fans will want to watch more than that and CFB may not be that missed by casual football fans.

Won't matter... if the programs want to play in 2021, there's no way in hell the anti-trust laws don't get reinstated protecting Saturday's again.
PA24
AG
Some cultures destroy rather than build
Johnny Danger
AG
chase128 said:

Guess who doesn't care about local owned businesses? These SJW athletes threatening to boycott. They only care about themselves.
Beerosch
AG
Without college football there will then be no NFL. I say tear it all down.
Harry Stone
AG
Science Denier said:

they absolutely should but they wont, because racism, not logic. schools arent unions.
HoustonAg2106
AG
chase128 said:

They are going to hurt no matter what. Games will most likely be played without fans in the stands
Sid Farkas
AG
Harry Stone said:

Science Denier said:

they absolutely should but they wont, because racism, not logic. schools arent unions.
but how long can that situation last? if they boycott long enough there is no football and ergo, no scholly's to give

i say 'do it!!'
richardag
Ubitag said:

Some cultures destroy rather than build
Agreed, all major sports culture is exposing their hate filled stances against the US population and government. The major sports culture is supporting the leftist progressive agenda both in virtue signaling and financially that is openly attacking, rioting and looting communities across the country.
BMX Bandit
Does Florio explain how the NFL is going to get Congress to grant it an antitrust exemption to air Saturday games?
Bretton Gekko
Most of y'all will be watching college football in less than 2 months and the rest will be watching within a year.

Especially if the team is winning, No one here is going to not watch.
dBoy99
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Does Florio explain how the NFL is going to get Congress to grant it an antitrust exemption to air Saturday games?

What's the exemption that allows playoff games on Saturdays?

Some of you are pathetic
BigRobSA
BMX Bandit said:

Oh, *****

A BMX sighting.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Houston Lee
AG
There are a ton of college football players that would love to play big time football in a power 5 conference.

If players boycott, then they get benched and the next kid takes their place.

Walk-ons get playing time.
ATM9000
AG
dBoy99 said:

BMX Bandit said:

What's the exemption that allows playoff games on Saturdays?
NFL can't air games on Saturdays and I think Fridays by law between Labor Day and December due to anti-trust regulations.

It's looking like college football is a pipe dream this fall. Hard to say what happens with the NFL.
Aston04
AG
chase128 said:

Agree. A huge problem. Of course we screwed our stadium reno because of concerns about that. Should have just demo'd Kyle, played in Houston for two years and built a truely showpiece stadium from scratch.
BMX Bandit
The prohibition is only in effect through first week of December. NFL can't air it's games on Friday or Saturday if there is a college or high school game being played within 75 miles.
Old Sarge
AG
chase128 said:

Tell that to the players, and see what they say. You probably won't like the response.
Kenneth_2003
AG
chase128 said:

Cry me a river. If your business can't stay in the black without 7 weekends a year you've got a crappy model.
I lost most of my give-a-damn for BCS businesses when they cried, whined, and moaned about the Kyle Field redevelopment but wouldn't put up a single dime. Yet for some reason the school caved to them.
BigRobSA
BMX Bandit said:

The prohibition is only in effect through first week of December. NFL can't air it's games on Friday or Saturday if there is a college or high school game being played within 75 miles.
Well, if a boycott happens, wouldn't that allow them to show games at that point, councilor?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
BigRobSA
Kenneth_2003 said:

chase128 said:

Cry me a river. If your business can't stay in the black without 7 weekends a year you've got a crappy model.
Lot Y, that you?!
Kenneth_2003
AG
I editied. and F no I'm not Lot Y.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Bretton Gekko said:

Most of y'all will be watching college football in less than 2 months and the rest will be watching within a year.

Especially if the team is winning, No one here is going to not watch.

So edgy.
SquareOne07
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

chase128 said:

I lost most of my give-a-damn for BCS businesses when they cried, whined, and moaned about the Kyle Field redevelopment but wouldn't put up a single dime. Yet for some reason the school caved to them.

What an ass.
Owlagdad
Tyler JC quit giving baseball scholarships several years ago- they are now D3. But the players all come with a chip on their shoulder to play. They usually kick sheet out of D1scholarship programs, when those programs will play them, they have a message to those who did not recruit them. 4 national championships out of last 6/7 years I think. Don't care what level- that's good playing!! They are fun to watch.
BigRobSA
SquareOne07 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

chase128 said:

What an ass.
Well, he DOES work out.
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
These ****sticks do not have the power they think they do. Walk. Bye. There are thousands of players ready to take your place. You won't be missed
45-70Ag
AG
And these athletes act like their spot on the team is a right and not a privilege. They're literally unable to see the opportunity they've been given.

Close athletics down and start over.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.