EO requiring insurance companies to cover pre existing conditions question

932 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Science Denier
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Theee have been several threads on the EOs done by Trump. I have asked this in those, but seems to get buried, so I'm asking it here in a separate thread. Health insurance is a topic I'm very interested in.

Here is what I know
1. Obama care made all policies cover pre existing conditions
2. Individual policies on the exchange covered these
3. Now, insurance companies can write individual policies that don't cover pre existing conditions
4. I also thought that business policies that cover workers cover pre existing conditions for their workers.

My questions are
1. Is my #4 above correct?
2. If so, what does Trump's EO actually do?
3. Does it cancel individual policies that do not cover pre existing conditions?

Yea. I know. Trump is a total dumbass. Blithering idiot and has no clue what he's doing. Now that we've got that out of the way, can anyone tell me what Trump actually did with this EO?
LOL OLD
Marcus Brutus
Which EO?

I know that insurance companies that sell policies outside the exchange don't have to cover pre existing conditions. I believe that's been the norm since the beginning.
Science Denier
AG
heynow said:

Which EO?

I know that insurance companies that sell policies outside the exchange don't have to cover pre existing conditions. I believe that's been the norm since the beginning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3326123001
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
And I need to clarify. He's not done it yet, but says he will do it.
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
Yes. I'm bumping my own thread.

Does anyone know what Trump is trying to accomplish?
LOL OLD
Pelayo
AG
heynow said:

Which EO?

To be a conforming policy I believe they do. The exceptions are in the temporary policies some people get year after year.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
Science Denier said:

Yes. I'm bumping my own thread.

Does anyone know what Trump is trying to accomplish?

Take credit for something that has already been done to bolster his re-election?
Dan Scott
AG
Basically what Moose said. Trumpcare is basically the same as Obamacare without individual mandate.
Science Denier
AG
Dan Scott said:

Basically what Moose said. Trumpcare is basically the same as Obamacare without individual mandate.

So, he's going to make any policy that doesn't cover pre existing conditions illegal?
LOL OLD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.