Not quite sure how to say this, but here it goes...

13,753 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FriscoKid
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigRobSA said:

Tanya 93 said:

PROUD HOUSTONIAN FOR LIFE!
CoMo is a 'Tine suburb>?!
You can take the girl out of Houston, but you never take the Houston outta the girl

My friends make fun of me for feeder and asking is there slime in the ice machine.
FriscoKid
AG
YouBet said:

FriscoKid said:

BigRobSA said:

I travel for work a lot (am right now on East coast of FL....hurricane warnings and all) and most places (hotels, restaurants and stores other than big box stores) are like this.

Yeah, it's not just a Dallas problem. Hotels are going to be destroyed once the free money runs out. This hoax has been devastating. But to see this at a huge hotel like this is amazing.
The layoffs just between hotels and airlines is/will be unreal.

Was talking with a Southwest executive the other day and they have to be the best positioned out of any of the major airlines from a cash standpoint and they expect their company to be "completely different " in a couple years.
YouBet
AG
FriscoKid said:

YouBet said:

FriscoKid said:

BigRobSA said:

I travel for work a lot (am right now on East coast of FL....hurricane warnings and all) and most places (hotels, restaurants and stores other than big box stores) are like this.

Yeah, it's not just a Dallas problem. Hotels are going to be destroyed once the free money runs out. This hoax has been devastating. But to see this at a huge hotel like this is amazing.
The layoffs just between hotels and airlines is/will be unreal.

Was talking with a Southwest executive the other day and they have to be the best positioned out of any of the major airlines from a cash standpoint and they expect their company to be "completely different " in a couple years.
They are and they will be.
FriscoKid
AG
And BTW that first pic was during breakfast. That wasn't in the middle of the afternoon when you would expect it to be empty. We are in really big trouble with our nation's hotel chains.
monarch
S
Great place; been there a bunch of times. Convenient, not really expensive, comfortable. The biggest issue I see with this is that most Americans don't realize what is going on around them. You know, "Hilton is a big company; so what if they close down one or two locations? Operate your business better, lower your prices!" blah, blah, blah. The empty plaza right there is reality; the fact that there is nobody there is reality; the loss of jobs is reality. Without people working, tax $$$ aren't being generated and because tax $$$ aren't being generated somewhere down the road, everything is going to dry up and then what do we do? It's one thing to receive government freebies during a normal economy but to continue to pay for these freebies when the economy isn't normal is a not a good thing.

Soapbox; sorry.
Peace for Ukraine!
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
Vader Was Framed said:

FriscoKid said:

And BTW that first pic was during breakfast. That wasn't in the middle of the afternoon when you would expect it to be empty. We are in really big trouble with our nation's hotel chains.

Hotels have been asking/proposing for various bailouts as part of stimulus 2.0. I'm curious as to your thoughts given your concerns posted here. Should they be a targeted industry that gets aid?

No, we need to start telling the truth about this virus and get busy living though. The fact that we are seriously considering keeping schools closed indefinitely is madness. In March I said that you can't just hit a pause button on society. People still think that you can though. It doesn't work that way and you can't see that from these pics then I can't help you.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Nothing more than another "genius" redistribution of wealth Part 1/99 with the cover of a 75 yr old epidemiologist that changes his ****ing mind every other day
AG
cle96 said:

We started the drive from Houston to Smokey Mountains yesterday. Dinner in downtown Tuscaloosa, Everywhere was packed. Spending the night in Birmingham at a hotel downtown. Went up to the bar on the roof, packed. Wow, all I can say is people in Alabama dgaf about covid.
We just got back from Destin/Panama City for a week. Packed!
Aust Ag
AG
Non-tourism hotels going to get killed. I would have probably spent 30 nights for work in hotels since March. But company has me grounded. But I've spent 10 nights in vacation related hotels since then.
Stat Monitor Repairman
FriscoKid said:

In March I said that you can't just hit a pause button on society.
Yep, there was a solid contingent of us. I thought after a few weeks, cooler heads would prevail ... but no. We've just sat here watching things get progressively worse.

All we can do is laugh at this point and cheer on getting to rock bottom (which I think will probably be sometime in 2Q or 3Q 2021)
Aggieangler93
AG
I was thinking about all of this back when they started closing things down. Poeple looked at my like a nazi for claiming that some folks die every year from viruses, and we can't collpase our economy as a result of a virus. Now, we are here, nowhere near as many are dying, and they are still wanting us to be shut down.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
coconutED
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I was thinking about all of this back when they started closing things down. Poeple looked at my like a nazi for claiming that some folks die every year from viruses, and we can't collpase our economy as a result of a virus. Now, we are here, nowhere near as many are dying, and they are still wanting us to be shut down.
You'd think that the fact that the draconian measures enacted en masse continue and even increase in size and scope despite being months beyond the peak death rate would clue people in as to what's really going on...sadly not the case. The goal posts keep getting moved farther and farther back.

First it was to keep the hospitals from overloading; we did that. Not even hot bed New York was overwhelmed. In fact, hospitals were so under capacity that the healthcare sector actually contracted.

Next we had to wait until a vaccine or reliable treatment. There exists multiple treatment options, with a new one seemingly popping up every other week. I count three off the top of my head, including the "big pharma approved" $3K per dose option.

Well, the "reliable treatment" half of the previous condition was dropped, so now the only hope for relief is a vaccine. But who seriously believes that a vaccine, no mater how effective it turns out to be, will be enough for the coronaphiles?

And even in the impossible case that a vaccine completely eliminates CV19, the precedent has been set for the next virus, or even the upcoming flu season, that any spread of communicable disease with even the most minuscule fatality rate is unacceptable.

If you think the war on poverty is a hopeless boondoggle, wait until the war on viruses commences full bore.
Ag with kids
AG
coconutED said:

Aggieangler93 said:

You'd think that the fact that the draconian measures enacted en masse continue and even increase in size and scope despite being months beyond the peak death rate would clue people in as to what's really going on...sadly not the case. The goal posts keep getting moved farther and farther back.

First it was to keep the hospitals from overloading; we did that. Not even hot bed New York was overwhelmed. In fact, hospitals were so under capacity that the healthcare sector actually contracted.

Next we had to wait until a vaccine or reliable treatment. There exists multiple treatment options, with a new one seemingly popping up every other week. I count three off the top of my head, including the "big pharma approved" $3K per dose option.

Well, the "reliable treatment" half of the previous condition was dropped, so now the only hope for relief is a vaccine. But who seriously believes that a vaccine, no mater how effective it turns out to be, will be enough for the coronaphiles?

And even in the impossible case that a vaccine completely eliminates CV19, the precedent has been set for the next virus, or even the upcoming flu season, that any spread of communicable disease with even the most minuscule fatality rate is unacceptable.

If you think the war on poverty is a hopeless boondoggle, wait until the war on viruses commences full bore.
Since my Dad and his GF (79, 80) are in recovery from the Rona, I can tell you that there were at least 4 treatments:

1) Oxygen
2) Steroids
3) Remdesvir
4) Plasma w/antibodies

My Dad got the first 2. His GF got all 4.

They're now home recovering and doing MUCH better.
Joseph Parrish
AG
How are all these American businesses not suing the government for the shutdown? There has been clear favoritism if you support the left's political agenda. No way this is constitutional.
coconutED
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

How are all these American businesses not suing the government for the shutdown? There has been clear favoritism if you support the left's political agenda. No way this is constitutional.
The big corps with enough cash to fight this effectively are content to stand by and let their mom&pop competition bleed out.

And here in Texas, those that are taking legal action are being denied standing by the courts.
Panama Red
AG
Which begs the question:

When Texas AG office gets a case dismissed because the bars sued Abbott instead of suing TABC, why didn't those bars add TABC to the lawsuit?

Its a head-scratcher
coconutED
AG
Panama Red said:

When Texas AG office gets a case dismissed because the bars sued Abbott instead of suing TABC, why didn't those bars add TABC to the lawsuit?
I don't know why they wouldn't. For all we know, they might be doing just that right now; news coverage of any resistance legal action is scant at best. You have to actively hunt for updates.

Again, it's all an indication that the legal resources of small business and organizations like TBNA simply do not compare to the big corporate legal departments.
Panama Red
AG
We do know that the issue was raised by the Texas AG Office on 7/16, and they haven't done anything so far to sue TABC. To add them as a party, or even file a new case against TABC, would take minimal time and effort from the lawyers that sued Abbott. I really am perplexed as to why they have not done so.
beerad12man
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Sweden was right. It's too late to prevent an economic collapse, but the sooner we end this health theater, the sooner we can begin a slow trudge toward recovery.

Hopefully we've learned our lesson. I don't mean our elected officials or our woefully unsound public health officials. I mean us, the people. Maybe next time we won't gleefully abandon our rights, our livelihoods, and our way of life at the first sign of trouble. Hopefully we'll actually get a second chance to get it right.

Been saying this for months.
Well, okay then
AG
cle96 said:

We started the drive from Houston to Smokey Mountains yesterday. Dinner in downtown Tuscaloosa, Everywhere was packed. Spending the night in Birmingham at a hotel downtown. Went up to the bar on the roof, packed. Wow, all I can say is people in Alabama dgaf about covid.

We just got back from a 3 1/2 week road trip across 9 states. One thing we noticed: the smaller the community, the less panic of the pretend (yeah, I know) virus.
titan
S
coconutED said:

Joseph Parrish said:

The big corps with enough cash to fight this effectively are content to stand by and let their mom&pop competition bleed out.

And here in Texas, those that are taking legal action are being denied standing by the courts.
More and more the old town mob with pitchforks and torches is seeming like may need a comeback isn't it.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
canagian
AG
Aust Ag said:

cle96 said:

I live on the beach on Okaloosa Island (Ft Walton Beach). Has been absolutely packed since Memorial Day, won't start to slow down for another week.

Last weekend we had to get away from the tourists so we spent a night in Tallahassee and a night in Gainesville. At both hotels (Hilton chains), there were maybe 10 cars in the parking lots. And that's being generous.

I-75 heading south in FL, I'd estimate 75% of the vehicles had out of state plates. Figured they were mostly heading for Orlando. So a lot of people are still travelling, but it seems to be a "feast or famine" dynamic.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Doesn't that hotel have a water park too ? Was that open ?
FattyDelights
FriscoKid said:

Vader Was Framed said:

FriscoKid said:

Hotels have been asking/proposing for various bailouts as part of stimulus 2.0. I'm curious as to your thoughts given your concerns posted here. Should they be a targeted industry that gets aid?

No, we need to start telling the truth about this virus and get busy living though. The fact that we are seriously considering keeping schools closed indefinitely is madness. In March I said that you can't just hit a pause button on society. People still think that you can though. It doesn't work that way and you can't see that from these pics then I can't help you.

Don't worry, when the idiots who think their job is safe, that they work from home, evaporates then the narrative will change fast.... by then it's too late. People really do think each business sector exists in a vacuum in itself. Amazing.

A huge portion of our economy is gone - and yes commercial sectors, entertainment sectors, etc. it's all a matter of time. I can't recall how many happy hours, sponsored events, catering lunch and learns, mass social events, much depressed. That was a huge spending economy.

Sure we'll eventually figure it out and things will change but how long? What's the fallout going to look like? Is our depression going to a Deflationary deleveraging? Right now the feds are pumping financial assets and encouraging spending but will credit rise along with debt? Can incomes rise?

Not good.
YouBet
AG
canagian said:

Aust Ag said:

cle96 said:

I live on the beach on Okaloosa Island (Ft Walton Beach). Has been absolutely packed since Memorial Day, won't start to slow down for another week.

Last weekend we had to get away from the tourists so we spent a night in Tallahassee and a night in Gainesville. At both hotels (Hilton chains), there were maybe 10 cars in the parking lots. And that's being generous.

I-75 heading south in FL, I'd estimate 75% of the vehicles had out of state plates. Figured they were mostly heading for Orlando. So a lot of people are still travelling, but it seems to be a "feast or famine" dynamic.

The feast or famine closely aligns with smaller communities vs larger communities. Smaller you are; the less f^cks you give and the more sane you are.
encinoag
AG
Yes. Down in Rockport this weekend. Staying at Lighthouse Inn. 100% occupancy
Old Sarge
AG
FriscoKid said:

Vader Was Framed said:

FriscoKid said:

My mother was an educator. I can tell you not only was she a great one (hearing from former students), but a task master and straw boss of the highest order. Great woman, loving one, but tough in mind. If she was still in it, she would lead the charge to get back to class....in person. A lot of our local teachers are pulling on the coat tails of the already weak minded school district superintendent and pleading their scared tails off to not return in person. Not all of them, but enough to make a difference. Since our kid is in the school system, and has been for several years, it has been a slight amusement with my wife and me to predict who the seemingly tough birds were and see their transformation into the "Karens" we hear so much about. And yes, the hair style is somewhat of a predictor believe it or not.
nonameag99
YouBet said:

I hope everyone has been saving money.
It is getting more worthless every second
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
riverrataggie
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

It is. We stayed one night about a month ago.

It was packed as well. Good people watching.
nu awlins ag
AG
Eliminatus said:

The disaster is already here. And yes, I do firmly believe that there are groups of Americans right now that not only want this to happen, but actively pursue plans and messages to encourage it.
You mean liberals? No way.
nu awlins ag
AG
Quote:

Sure we'll eventually figure it out and things will change but how long? What's the fallout going to look like? Is our depression going to a Deflationary deleveraging? Right now the feds are pumping financial assets and encouraging spending but will credit rise along with debt? Can incomes rise?
Refi your house now if you own one. I just saved $500 month doing so and another $3500 on home and auto insurance a year.
YouBet
AG
nonameag99 said:

YouBet said:

I hope everyone has been saving money.
It is getting more worthless every second

Yes, but in the meantime 1>0.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
riverrataggie said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

It is. We stayed one night about a month ago.

It was packed as well. Good people watching.

Guess the virus spike recently caused more people to stay away since the restaurant was empty at breakfast.
titan
S

Quote:

Since our kid is in the school system, and has been for several years, it has been a slight amusement with my wife and me to predict who the seemingly tough birds were and see their transformation into the "Karens" we hear so much about. And yes, the hair style is somewhat of a predictor believe it or not.
What do you mean by that? The more `they look like would be at a protest' kind of hair, or something more subtle like the less womanly looking?
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.