Not quite sure how to say this, but here it goes...

13,751 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FriscoKid
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is the Hilton Anatole today and one of the biggest hotels in DFW. This was the only restaurant open in the whole hotel, resort, complex. 1600+ rooms and 150,000 sq ft of meeting rooms and they are all vacant.

I'm glad that profs are able to perfect their chalk art and basketball players are allowed to play on courts that are painted with lies, but this is a joke.

We are being played. And, let's keep the schools closed too.

titan
S

BigRobSA has had it right ---- Open it all back up. And stop "dashboarding" the cases.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
FriscoKid
AG
titan said:

BigRobSA has had it right ---- Open it all back up. And stop "dashboarding" the cases.

Dude, this was sad. They are losing thousands every day they are open.
titan
S
FriscoKid said:

titan said:

If only the Media could be shut down to "experience it". That needs to be so.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Stat Monitor Repairman
Economy is about to hit hard. We aren't looking at reality. All we see is distraction 24/7.
GE
AG
Pretty good hotel. That has the atrium where if you stay on the top couple floors you understand entirely that heat actually does rise
FriscoKid
AG
And, no I didn't wear my "Fauci goggles" to protect my eyes from the virus.
YouBet
AG
I hope everyone has been saving money.
FriscoKid
AG
titan said:

FriscoKid said:

titan said:

If only the Media could be shut down to "experience it". That needs to be so.

Yep
YouBet
AG
Got married there at the top of the tower. Absolutely incredible views if you've ever been up there. Would hate to see this hotel fail.
titan
S
YouBet said:

How in this environment? The blow up thread is closer to the outcome.
FrioAg 00:
AGHouston11
AG
Sports are nonessential and should not be allowed period as long as other businesses remain closed. It's all BS.
FriscoKid
AG
This is what 0.26% gets you.

YouBet
AG
titan said:

YouBet said:

How in this environment? The blow up thread is closer to the outcome.

I always have six months of cash on standby and I've been cutting costs since January and saving even more.
titan
S
AGHouston11 said:

Sports are nonessential and should not be allowed period as long as other businesses remain closed. It's all BS.
Especially not "reporting" isn't -- Not for profit. They should have to do it for free if think it is so important.
FrioAg 00:
FriscoKid
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Economy is about to hit hard. We aren't looking at reality. All we see is distraction 24/7.
33% decrease in GDP? Na, we are fine.
Post removed:
by user
FattyDelights
Lots of distractions with schools and Covid, riots, BLM nonsense with sports, equity markets on the best coke high ever, bigly PPP hookups, very low business interest loans that don't need payments for a year (watch these get forgiven or partial forgiven too down the road), unemployment bennies, straight up cash give outs, etc.

Nobody is really acknowledging the underlying disaster.

Outside of the Walmart's and amazons, the **** show is coming. Buckle up butter cup!
FattyDelights
Frisco - go around and check out some other commercial / entertainment areas like legacy of shops - it's all dead still.
Eliminatus
AG
The disaster is already here. And yes, I do firmly believe that there are groups of Americans right now that not only want this to happen, but actively pursue plans and messages to encourage it.
FriscoKid
AG
FattyDelights said:

Frisco - go around and check out some other commercial / entertainment areas like legacy of shops - it's all dead still.

I have no doubt.

Edit: Wife an I were very early adopters of getting out as soon as we could "Legally" do so.
titan
S
Eliminatus said:

The disaster is already here. And yes, I do firmly believe that there are groups of Americans right now that not only want this to happen, but actively pursue plans and messages to encourage it.
And the vast majority are Democrats.
FrioAg 00:
coconutED
AG
Enhanced unemployment just ended, as did the eviction moratorium. Initial notices for furloughs and layoffs also just went out in advance of the inevitable October bloodbath.

Oh, and another airline (Express Jet) is officially toast.

Good luck everyone.
Ag4coal
It's all about to come down. All for a manufactured crisis. I desperately wish out lovely politicians could experience the pain our business owners do, but they're as immune as can be.
Ag-Yoakum95
AG
Thank you Clay Jenkins! What a freaking loser!
Ellis Wyatt
Eliminatus said:

Cloward-Piven is not a new concept. They want this.
Philip J Fry
AG
I was desperately hoping that getting MLB back would bring back some normalcy. Hugely disappointing that they are doing it with empty stands.

My extended family owns a series of movie theaters in Texas. They have been highly successful in this field. They had a novel idea where you could have dinner and alcohol while watching the latest flick. They named it The Movie Tavern. Eventually, they sold the concept to Cinemark, but they started a new theater concept centered around being an all inclusive entertainment facility. The shutdown has been absolutely devastating to them to the point they are facing bankruptcy if something doesn't change.
Tormentos
AG
The Fife
coconutED said:

Oh, and another airline (Express Jet) is officially toast.

Good luck everyone.

Related, the 747 is done either next year or early 2022 with additional rate decreases on all our programs. 787 will likely lose a final assembly site.

Easily a GDP hit in the tens of billions.
Teslag
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I was desperately hoping that getting MLB back would bring back some normalcy. Hugely disappointing that they are doing it with empty stands.

My extended family owns a series of movie theaters in Texas. They been highly successful in this field. They had a novel idea where you could have dinner and alcohol while watching the latest flick. They named it The Movie Tavern. Eventually, they sold the concept to Cinemark, but they started a new theater concept centered around being an all inclusive entertainment facility. The shutdown has been absolutely devastating to them to the point they are facing bankruptcy if something doesn't change.

The Schulmans?
Faustus
FriscoKid said:

This is the Hilton Anatole today and one of the biggest hotels in DFW. This was the only restaurant open in the whole hotel, resort, complex. 1600+ rooms and 150,000 sq ft of meeting rooms and they are all vacant.

I'm glad that profs are able to perfect their chalk art and basketball players are allowed to play on courts that are painted with lies, but this is a joke.

It's like a Ghost bar and lounge.
AggieLumberjack
AG
Met a friend yesterday at the area around Toyota Music Factory. There are probably 15-20 food places in that area. From 1:00-5:00 we were the only people in the restaurant. These places depend on concerts and conventions and there will not be any of those for another year. We both committed that there is no way those places survive until then. As someone laid off since April, I know the disaster is coming. I tell my friends that still have jobs and the more liberal ones are just oblivious, they don't understand economics at all.
Phat32
AG
Just awful. What anyone with a brain was scared of in March.
fooz
Faustus said:

FriscoKid said:

It's like a Ghost bar and lounge.
I see what you did there.
fooz
Is Anatole open? I may take her there for her bday. We have other plans next week, but if it's that vacant I may have to surprise her with dinner and hotel tonight.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.