Home Depot, come on down

2,810 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fenrir
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/home-depot-rope-sales-nooses-in-stores-2020-7%3famp

I guess they will get rid of chain and romex next

Make no mistake, the end game is the destruction of America
Cassius
Home Depots reaction is over the top stupid.
CanyonAg77
AG
I was in an Amarillo HD a couple of weeks ago, and noticed they had a sign saying they no longer sold rope by the foot. I didn't think this was the reason, but it appears I was wrong
Rattler12
Having shorter lengths only, makes it that much easier for someone to make a noose. Bright idea HD. If it were me I'd just quit selling rope period. That would show them. Wait till someone leaves a noose made out of Romex. There goes the electrical dept.
zephyr88
AG
Bernie Marcus is a big Trumpster.

Wonder why he's caving (or is he?).

He's made more money than anyone during Covid.

Although, looking back, all I've ever purchased was pre-packaged rope.

Sacrificing something that's not a big seller is probably good business.
BigRobSA
Has there been a verified case of a noose actually put somewhere as a means of true intimidation and not a liberal false-flag sort of thing?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Memphis 7
We're/I'm living in a simulation. It's the only conclusion.
Owlagdad
Gosh, that has to hurt had working black contractors.
YouBet
AG
Quote:

Smith said that associates should be available to assist with specific requests in stores if a customer requires another length of rope that is not offered in the pre-cut selections.
Sounds like they will have it in the back if you need the racist version of it.
JABQ04
AG
Gardening Ag
MSCAg
AG
So it happened once in one store?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Quote:

Sightings of nooses, a type of knot associated with the lynchings of Black individuals since slavery times, have become more common in the last few weeks, amid the momentum of the Black Lives Matter movement in the wake of the killing of George Floyd.

What a whacky coincidence.
richardag
Aren't there in-store video cameras? Would be interesting to see some footage of who had made/left the supposed nooses.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
richardag said:

Aren't there in-store video cameras? Would be interesting to see some footage of who had made/left the supposed nooses.

If you don't see the footage it is a dead give away to the racial makeup of the perpetrator.
Ellis Wyatt
BigRobSA said:

Has there been a verified case of a noose actually put somewhere as a means of true intimidation and not a liberal false-flag sort of thing?
Speaking of that, has UPD caught the person who put racist notes on a black person's car in CS?
Fenrir
Ellis Wyatt said:

BigRobSA said:

Speaking of that, has UPD caught the person who put racist notes on a black person's car in CS?
It's on their to-do list after finding out who defaced the Clayton Williams building.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.