Attack of the Electoral College continues

1,746 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by ShaggySLC
APHIS AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This time by a liberal hack.

www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v42/n10/eric-foner/the-corrupt-bargain

And of course it is the Republicans that are evil!!!

Quote:

As another presidential election looms, these books deserve a wide readership. But the electoral college is only one symptom of a far deeper problem. American democracy is sick in ways that go well beyond the way the president is chosen. The symptoms include widespread efforts in Republican states to suppress the right to vote and to rig elections, employing such tactics as onerous identification requirements, partisan gerrymandering and the removal of many thousands of citizens from the voting rolls for trivial reasons.

hunter2012
AG
Apparently having any state valid ID at all is "onerous".
Rapier108
Who is this asshat and why should anyone care what he thinks?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
schmendeler
AG
just when you thought it was safe to elect the president...

ATTACK OF THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!!!!
Ag87H2O
AG
...partisan gerrymandering...

Lol. Democrats are very good at it. Sheila Jackson Lee says hello.

What a complete load of nonsense.
powerbelly
AG
hunter2012 said:

Soft racism
TexAgs91
AG
From the other thread where this was discussed

Quote:

I don't know why dems get to have a discussion on this with republicans.

Getting rid of the electoral college is one of those foundational things of our country like Freedom of Speech that you just don't touch. If dems want to fundamentally change America into some other country then we can get back to the civil war.

The only answer any republicans, or any Americans for that matter should give on this is NO. End of discussion.
Donald J Trump is my President
annie88
AG
APHIS AG said:

www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v42/n10/eric-foner/the-corrupt-bargain

And of course it is the Republicans that are evil!!!

Quote:

As another presidential election looms, these books deserve a wide readership. But the electoral college is only one symptom of a far deeper problem. American democracy is sick in ways that go well beyond the way the president is chosen. The symptoms include widespread efforts in Republican states to suppress the right to vote and to rig elections, employing such tactics as onerous identification requirements, partisan gerrymandering and the removal of many thousands of citizens from the voting rolls for trivial reasons.

Any time a democrat says republicans are encouraging voting fraud I just laugh and ignore them.

Matter of fact I do that no matter what they're taking about.
annie88
AG
powerbelly said:

hunter2012 said:

Soft racism

I've never understood why libs think blacks and minorities can't follow the rules like everyone else.
Dr. Teeth
AG
annie88 said:

powerbelly said:

hunter2012 said:

Soft racism

I've never understood why libs think blacks and minorities can't follow the rules like everyone else.

They've been to public schools.
annie88
AG
Dr. Teeth said:

annie88 said:

powerbelly said:

hunter2012 said:

Soft racism

They've been to public schools.

I was educated in public schools and I've gotten IDs since I was 16.
Signel
AG
Any attack on the replublic from www.lrb.co.uk will be ignored as taxation without representation.

God plague the Queen.
B-1 83
AG
Let them attack it all they want. How do you think the individual states will vote on that Constitutional change?
D`Funkaladu`
AG
Quote:

and the removal of many thousands of citizens from the voting rolls for trivial reasons.

Trivial reasons like not living in the state/county anymore or assuming room temperature.
oats005
AG
They lose me when they use democracy. Maybe they should read the constitution.
TXAG 05
AG
Signel said:

Any attack on the replublic from www.lrb.co.uk will be ignored as taxation without representation.

God plague the Queen.

This. That limey newspaper can cram it sideways.
deddog
AG
hunter2012 said:

I grew up in a populous poor 3rd world country where everyone had an ID
But white liberals think that minorities are too stupid to be able to get one.

What a bunch of BS
FrontPorchAg
Quote:

Isn't it always?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
aggie93
AG
Love it.

Harvard professor goes to UK journal to ***** about America and talk about how we need direct vote of a President. That would be dumb enough. The really funny thing to me is the UK doesn't elect it's PM by direct vote and it's very possible for a PM to be from a Party that didn't get the most votes. For instance just last year Canada voted Conservative by 2 percentage points more than Liberal and yet the Liberals were able to get more seats and thus able to form a government. Why? Because total popular vote is irrelevant in countries like the UK and Canada, it's all about who wins the most seats whether they win a seat by 1 vote or 20,000 (sound familiar?)

Even worse, in a Parliamentary system the minority has very limited rights, whomever forms the government has effectively total control unless their coalition falls apart internally. So in Canada RIGHT NOW you have a government that was 2nd in votes and yet they have effectively total control over the party that actually got the most votes.
Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it is just that they know so much that isn't so.

Ronald Reagan
ShaggySLC
annie88 said:

powerbelly said:

hunter2012 said:

Soft racism

No kidding, that campus reform video was telling on this. White liberals feeling like they are protecting minorities because they don't have better sense. Completely clueless to how much they're insulting an entire race.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.