Is this really all about New York?

4,220 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by TxTarpon
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man they sure seem to be demanding more and more of the shrinking tax dollars coming in?

Sorry, we need to use our money to take care of Texans.
BoozerRed78
AG
Squeaky wheel
Rapier108
New York always thinks they are the center of the United States and the rest of the country exists to support them.

Can't remember the last New Yorker I met who wasn't a class one, self righteous ******bag.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
ttu_85
Rapier108 said:

New York always thinks they are the center of the United States and the rest of the country exists to support them.

Can't remember the last New Yorker I met who wasn't a class one, self righteous ******bag.
After we come through this, I am ready for New York to be the center of their own universe and not a part of ours. Until then we help them out as we hold our nose.
DSAg44
AG
Stop all travel out of NYC ?
ttu_85
Rapier108 said:

Back when I was single i did find NY gals to be easy and a lot of fun. So there is that redeeming quality.
mazzag
AG
No. Cuomo wants others state's PPE's and ventilators then when they're done they'd give back what they don't use. By then we could all be NY.
ttu_85
DSAg44 said:

Watching Fla's infection numbers are going to be interesting and likely sad.
DSAg44
AG
ttu_85 said:

DSAg44 said:

Watching Fla's infection numbers is going to be interesting and likely sad.
yep, they'll all be there
ttu_85
mazzag said:

No. Cuomo wants others state's PPE's and ventilators then when they're done they'd give back what they don't use. By then we could all be NY.
Maybe, heck even probably, but I would not be surprised if that Texas sun and humidity punches CV in the face and we get improving numbers.
mazzag
AG
It's the balls he has to ask fly over Americans to sacrifice for his state when he could've bought 15k ventilator's in '15 for his state.
agsalaska
AG
My neighbor is an army nurse. He leaves tomorrow with a team from Ft Hood to NYC. They are setting up a trauma center to act as an annex of the city hospitals so they can better handle Corona patients. It is essentially the same setup they used in Iraq. He has no idea when he is going to get back.

Told his kids last night.

Sure would rather keep the Ft Hood boys here.
ttu_85
mazzag said:

It's the balls he has to ask fly over Americans to sacrifice for his state when he could've bought 15k ventilator's in '15 for his state.
NEW York is old, its losing population, even before CV. Texas has more people and a greater GDP. If it wasn't for old money and the media it would be just another 'old yesterday's news', Rust-Belt state. And they are taxed to death and still leveraged to the hilt. That state is a dump. So have a little room in your heart for the less fortunate.
agsalaska
AG
mazzag said:

Yea. There is going to be a lot of hindsight for all of the governments from city to the feds. A friend of mine put it wisely tonight when he said that all of our rapid response and disaster prep is centered around natural causes. And we are very good at those. We were clearly not ready for this.
Philip J Fry
AG
Right now it is. This time in a week or two, other hot spots will be in the news.
ttu_85
Philip J Fry said:

Right now it is. This time in a week or two, other hot spots will be in the news.
New Orleans is already there. That situation is looking awful.
Mtn_Guide
Muy said:

Man they sure seem to be demanding more and more of the shrinking tax dollars coming in?

Sorry, we need to use our money to take care of Texans.

Are you familiar with Indonesia Tsunami Effect?
Wake me up when someone goes to jail
Philip J Fry
AG
ttu_85 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Agreed
PaulC_80
Quote:

Met a couple NYer's around the pool bar last summer in a resort in Mexico. After about 2 mins I could not get away from them fast enough. If all of NY is populated with people like that I would fully support Nuking it from Orbit. Obnoxious *******s.
P.C. Principal
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Yup. Over 50% of US cases are there.

Apparently being in an incredibly dense major city with thousands of international visitors isn't the best thing during a pandemic.
fightingfarmer09
ttu_85 said:

Philip J Fry said:

If Texas reaches out to help anyone I hope it is our Cajun neighbors.
commando2004
AG
Rapier108 said:

A perception that's amplified by having most of the TV networks headquartered there.

Like with Hurricane Sandy. It wasn't that big of a storm, by Gulf Coast standards, but because it hit NYC, the center of the universe, it got the nickname Superstorm Sandy.
mazzag
AG
ttu_85 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Yet no msm freak out!
Mtn_Guide
All things considered, we really do have a dearth of Escape for NY memes:

Wake me up when someone goes to jail
Zemira
AG
Could we just shut the border and not allow anyone in or out till they resolve their Pandemic?

People are going to start fleeing and spreading the virus if they aren't already.
mazzag
AG
They have already.
Zemira
AG
Can they shut off NYC at least and leave all these people on the island instead of spreading the virus everywhere?
Urban Ag
AG
P.C. Principal said:

Philip J Fry said:

Yup. Over 50% of US cases are there.

Apparently being in an incredibly dense major city with thousands of international visitors isn't the best thing during a pandemic.
Howdy from San Saba County!

Muy
AG
Zemira said:

Could we just shut the border and not allow anyone in or out till they resolve their Pandemic?

People are going to start fleeing and spreading the virus if they aren't already.

A friend of ours in real estate had a NY guy call and sign a lease today in Frisco, site unseen, already heading down.
Zemira
AG
Muy said:

Zemira said:

A friend of ours in real estate had a NY guy call and sign a lease today in Frisco, site unseen, already heading down.
ugh the whole quarantine is useless if people leave the area to new ones
LeonardSkinner
The governor of Florida is saying that any visitors from NY/NJ will face a two week quarantine upon arrival in our state.

And the only national mention I've seen of this was a piece saying that the policy might be unconstitutional and he would face lawsuits.
AggiePops
Never been to New York and have no interest in ever changing that. However, New Yorkers also pay taxes and currently have far more COVID-19 cases than the rest of the country combined. NY hogging a bigger share of assets at this point of the problem makes sense, and thinking otherwise is just selfish, uncaring, and irresponsible.

In other words, sounds typical of more than a few posters on TexAgs forums
AggiePops
Quote:

The governor of Florida is saying that any visitors from NY/NJ will face a two week quarantine upon arrival in our state.

And the only national mention I've seen of this was a piece saying that the policy might be unconstitutional and he would face lawsuits.
Just listen more closely. I heard on national news about the 2-week quarantine along with some citizen interviews about what they thought of it, but your post is the first I'd heard of any constitutional issues. Meaning I've apparently missed some coverage too. Unless you saw it on social media, which is the main source of fake news, and thus possibly true but most likely of any source to be fabricated BS.
Boo Weekley
Rapier108 said:

The vast majority are anti-American liberal idiots confined to their own bubble.
aggiedata
AG
mistakes were made

Page 1 of 2

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.