UNT racial slur outrage

4,682 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by FCBlitz
rocky the dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
rocky the dog
AG
coconutED
AG
Clob94 said:

White folks have to understand--- you can't even sing the N word in a rap song. If you do, it better be behind a locked door in your shower.
I'm sorry but I had to laugh because I immediately thought of this:
agent-maroon
AG
Trigger06 said:

This is stupid. I hate that offending someone is now one of the greatest sins you can commit.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

When is the last time any of my fellow old's heard that little nugget said out loud (by someone else)? I honestly miss being in charge of my own feelings and not constantly having somebody telling me how I should be offended by something said.
agent-maroon
AG
The black police officer played by Georg Stanford Brown in the early 70s TV drama "The Rookies" dropped the N bomb. He was on a rant about racism and said something like "He didn't call me black, he didn't call me colored, he didn't even call me N..." I was watching with Dad and it was an awkward moment to say the least.
TexAgs91
AG
Trigger06 said:

This is stupid. I hate that offending someone is now one of the greatest sins you can commit.
So are you offended by the fact that offending someone is one of the greatest sins?
Who is John Galt?
Dan Scott
AG
So dumb. A million other examples could have been used to make the same point.
deddog
AG
Clob94 said:

White folks have to understand--- you can't even sing the N word in a rap song. If you do, it better be behind a locked door in your shower.
But what if your child heard you and reported it to their teacher?
NoahAg
This whole thing is re-tarded.
Beat the Hell
AG
Here's to hoping white people stop saying the word in any context whatsoever.
Rapier108
rocky the dog said:

This is exactly the truth.

And the woman who said it has already been forced to resign.

Now we'll use the UNT administration go 1000% SJW in order to appease the lunatics on campus.
Ciboag96
One of the reasons why college tuition has increased by multiples of normal inflation. Departments of Diversity and Inclusion.
commando2004
AG
cevans_40 said:

If white people would get together and start beating black people over the word of our choosing, I say cracker, then maybe it would be fair. Of course we would also have to let the latinx's have their word too. Mixed race folks would have to choose one or the other because having 2 wouldn't be fair. Surely we could make this fair somehow.
Let's get "people of color" to stop committing robberies and murders before we start policing minor things like language.
Bo Darville
AG
Beat the Hell said:

It's true. Whites need to realize that some people are thin skinned little b***hes and let words trigger the hell out them.

If I ever get to the point a word makes me piss my panties I hope I just end it all.
30wedge
There has been a lot of fake outrage over the word.
FCBlitz
My concern is not whether a white person can say the N word vs blacks who use that word with no restraint. What concerns can me it that once that word is said that forces come together and use this feigned outrage and they use it to get folks fired and cash in.

It is all about welding power.
Reno Hightower
The 1st Amendment was is dying a slow death.
Burdizzo
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

swc93 said:

Seriously; you just don't remember.
Some of both. I don't remember the linked examples. And it was not done normally on regular sitcoms. All in the Family and The Jeffersons were Normal Lear shows, known for pushing the envelope. For instance, Pryor might come on The Tonight Show using it, but Johnny Carson never would.

Only one data point. Austin City Limits in 1976

AG
I don't understand it. Yes, the word is derogatory and has a bad history behind, just like many other words. It's a stupid thing to say, but at the end of the day it's just a word, and society has decided that the use of it in any context is worse than just about any other crime short of murder or maybe rape. It's mind boggling.
aggie appraiser
Yet, a phase that "your mom is a pregnant dog" and a word meaning "you have sexual intercourse with your mother" are completely acceptable in today's society.

Body By Fisher

Quote:

Yet, a phase that "your mom is a pregnant dog"
I'm not getting this one.
Icecream_Ag
S
Body By Fisher said:

Quote:

Yet, a phase that "your mom is a pregnant dog"
I'm not getting this one.
sob
C@LAg
Beat the Hell said:

what a racist thing to say.,
FCBlitz
Remember it is never about being offended it is how much power can be wielded. The one who wields power gets the pay day.

You notice there are no riots nor any flurry of activity of the Rev. Al Sharpton into cities that are targeted for riots.

No Obummer for protection.
Page 2 of 2

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.