Colorado Christian baker sued for a third time for discrimination...

4,306 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by PanzerAggie06
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BY THE SAME GUY!!!

They just won't leave the man alone...

Quote:

The owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop -- which won a case before the U.S. Supreme Court recently -- was sued for a third time this week.

Jack Phillips, the Lakewood, Colo. bakery owner who has refused to bake cakes that violate his Christian faith, is being sued again by Autumn Scardina, a transgender woman, for refusing to bake a gender transition cake.

Scardina claims it is textbook LGBT discrimination. But Phillips said she is rehashing old claims that hold no merit.
But no... Remember... Christians aren't under attack.
FriscoKid
AG
I would absolutely counter-sue at this point.
FriscoKid
AG
Quote:

Jack Phillips, the Lakewood, Colo. bakery owner who has refused to bake cakes that violate his Christian faith, is being sued again by Autumn Scardina, a transgender woman, for refusing to bake a gender transition cake.
I would have made him a cake shaped like a ****, cut it in half, and wrote congrats on your body mutilation.
aggiehawg
AG
Barratry. Vexatious litigation.
captkirk
AG
#LoveTrumpsHate
"In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children...You do know that legislation around this EXACT issue was presented in the last legislative session." - ArcticPenguin
Rapier108
They want this man financially ruined, in prison, or dead. Any of which would be acceptable to the leftists, the latter being preferred.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ag87H2O
AG
aggiehawg said:

Thanks, learned a new word. Sometimes liberals are just mean a-holes. I feel bad for the poor guy.
CJS4715
AG
Harassment.
aggiehawg
AG
Ag87H2O said:

aggiehawg said:

Thanks, learned a new word. Sometimes liberals are just mean a-holes. I feel bad for the poor guy.
Sometimes even I am amazed at the stuff I pull out of my ass from law school nearly 40 years ago.
Muy
AG
Letting the inmates run the asylum
IrishTxAggie
AG
aggiehawg said:

Ag87H2O said:

aggiehawg said:

Sometimes even I am amazed at the stuff I pull out of my ass from law school nearly 40 years ago.

I feel like this is appropriate given the thread...
zephyr88
AG

It's too bad the gays only have one bakery in the Lakewood area to patronize.

Bobby Jimbo
AG
Maroon Dawn
AG
Dear Liberals and Concerned Moderates:

You (unexpectedly) never answered my question in the last thread so I'll give you another chance:

Why does one private company (Google) have the right to violate freedom of expression because it's a private company but another private company (masterpiece bakery) not have the right to religious freedom?
rgag12
AG
They won't stop until the Supreme Court makes a definitive decision. This is clearly a result of the favorable ruling for libs earlier this month on this sort of thing.
Cassius
Rapier108 said:

They want this man financially ruined, in prison, or dead. Any of which would be acceptable to the leftists, the latter being preferred.

They want conservative white males ruined, in prison or dead.

Fify
schmellba99
AG
Cassius said:

Rapier108 said:

They want conservative white males ruined, in prison or dead.

Fify
Probably safe in adding traditional Christianity to that list as well. Seems that is the overall direction, even if the "moderate" liberals won't admit it (because they fear the far left and know what they are capable of).
Old Tom Morris
I wouldn't countersue. I'd find a remote location and a shovel.
digital_ag
AG
Truly oppressed people aren't this petty. LGBTQ is just a social vengeance movement at this point.
Ciboag96
Jack must be legit if the gheys are in that much of a frenzy over his frosting.
FriscoKid
AG
He needs to set up a display in part of his store just for libs. These are my wedding, gay, trans, etc cake designs. And put cakes like this one in there.

More than happy to make it for you.
dallasiteinsa02
She is an attorney. I could bet you she would turn down a case that she disagrees with the client on. I would love for someone to set her up. Maybe a Dad going in trying to block his wife from allowing their son to have a sex change. She turns down taking his case and he turns around to sue her.
Gunny456
AG
You are very correct. They dislike Christians because Christians read and believe in the bible. The LGBTQ "community" does not like what the bible says about their lifestyle so they dislike people who believe in the bible and its words, as they don't want to be told what they are doing is wrong. Therefore they view Christians and their beliefs as "threats" to their lifestyle. So......remove the Christians and their beliefs and you remove the threat.
Sad thing is they don't understand that the Muslim religion is a much greater threat to them than Christians.
aggiehawg
AG
Gunny456 said:

You are very correct. They dislike Christians because Christians read and believe in the bible. The LGBTQ "community" does not like what the bible says about their lifestyle so they dislike people who believe in the bible and its words, as they don't want to be told what they are doing is wrong. Therefore they view Christians and their beliefs as "threats" to their lifestyle. So......remove the Christians and their beliefs and you remove the threat.
Sad thing is they don't understand that the Muslim religion is a much greater threat to them than Christians.

Hate the sin, love the sinner. Is there a corollary to that in Islam? No?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

I believe the Muslims just launch you off a building.
C@LAg
aggiehawg said:

actually they love the sin, hate the sinner.
bmks270
AG
Can you ban someone from your cake shop? Seems like you should be able to after they sue you.
Ellis Wyatt
Wrong is wrong. The TG is trying to ruin the baker's life. You can support the TG's right to be who it wants to without supporting its crusade against people who just want to be left alone. There's a reason "the gay mafia" is a phrase.
Ellis Wyatt
Well, it should be obvious that this case is about destroying people who disagree with the gay/TG lifestyle. The third lawsuit should be the clue.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
This is absolutely about attacking the Christian Baker - and making him conform.

This baker has and continues to serve anyone in the LGBT community. He just won't serve every event they want celebrated.

He won't mock marriage

He won't celebrate the ridiculous assertion that a person can change their gender.

He also won't celebrate a divorce, or any number of other events that are counter to his beliefs.

He doesn't discriminate against people, he discriminates against events and actions.

In a sane world this would be hailed as following your convictions.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
BMX Bandit
My post was deleted, so I'll summarize

This is absolutely an attack on Christianity & this lady is garbage
redcrayon
AG
My post was deleted as well. Bizarre as I didn't attack anyone or post anything objectionable. I think Staff just outed themselves.
BMX Bandit
They also deleted panzer's whining jibberish, so not sure what you think they outed themselves as

I assume mine was deleted since I quoted him.
Tanya 93
redcrayon said:

My post was deleted as well. Bizarre as I didn't attack anyone or post anything objectionable. I think Staff just outed themselves.

Outed as in removed posts related to the initial quotes they removed?

What has been outed?
IrishTxAggie
AG
No one gives a rat's ass about cookies for your kid. Quit Tanya'ing the threads.
Page 1 of 2

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.