Criticize immigration policy in NZ, get a visit from the police

Marv C. World
How long do you want to ignore this user?

This is our future. They want to silence all dissident thought and crush all Western civilization. Your every action and thought is monitored online. Laws and rights do not matter, they are going to come and try to shut you down. If they can't do it through the government, then they will use the tech industry and ultimately the financial industry to do it.

We are rapidly entering into a world where thoughtcrime and precrime are reality.
Beat the Hell
AG
I personally am in favor any and all immigration the government wants.
thirdcoast
HollywoodBQ
AG
By "critical" do they mean that people are saying NZ Immigration isn't strict enough?

I live in Australia where they have strict immigration policies and enforce them (although they're pretty lax if you're "in love" with an Australian). I think NZ immigration is reasonably similar but maybe slightly less stringent than Australian. But, NZ has more strict biosecurity laws and enforcement than Australia does.
Bo Darville
AG
There are few places in the world where free speech is embraced like it is in the US.

And liberals hate it.
APHIS AG
Bo Darville said:

There are few places in the world where free speech is embraced like it is in the US.

And liberals hate it.
And that is why liberals, the media, and academia are both doing their best to squelch free speech in the guise of "hate speech".
e=mc2
AG
That is a disturbing video. Guy was smart to film it. NZ has lost.
Bo Darville
AG
This is exactly what liberals want for us here

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/FS_Hate_speech_ENG.pdf
Bo Darville
AG
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-nielsen-free-speech-hate-20170621-story.html

Quote:

Instead of characterizing racist and sexist hate speech as "just speech," courts and legislatures need to account for this research and, perhaps, allow the restriction of hate speech as do all of the other economically advanced democracies in the world.
Bo Darville
AG
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/first-amendment-too-broad-case-regulating-hate-speech-america-ncna832246

Quote:

Free speech advocates will sometimes insist that words don't cause damage. They disregard or even mock the concerns of students on college campus who protest speeches by controversial figures like Milo Yiannopolous, who has used his speaking engagements to harass trans students, among other marginalized groups. They argue that victims should toughen up and ignore hateful words, or accept them as the price of freedom.

Delgado and Stefanic, though, argue the price for freedom in this case may be higher than we think.
Bo Darville
AG
And remember this, at one time liberals cast aside reparations as right wing fear mongering. Now it's the platform of almost every democrat candidate.
e=mc2
AG
Bo Darville said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiBu_W5mpziAhWlFjQIHZBGAN4QzPwBegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnews.com%2Fthink%2Fopinion%2Ffirst-amendment-too-broad-case-regulating-hate-speech-america-ncna832246&psig=AOvVaw21JPUYFIcxDL5UfL3jdjED&ust=1557964038397707

Quote:

Free speech advocates will sometimes insist that words don't cause damage. They disregard or even mock the concerns of students on college campus who protest speeches by controversial figures like Milo Yiannopolous, who has used his speaking engagements to harass trans students, among other marginalized groups. They argue that victims should toughen up and ignore hateful words, or accept them as the price of freedom.

Delgado and Stefanic, though, argue the price for freedom in this case may be higher than we think.

That's exactly what they should be doing. What they really want is to shut down speech from conservatives. Period.
Aggiebrewer
AG
'sticks & stones ' poem is now said to be outdated & words are just as painful.

this was taught to both my daughters at school.
they laughed it off.

most kids don't

we are on the downhill side of liberty, gaining speed
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Answer the door with a firearm on your hip on your property and how do you think that LEO would perceive your intent?? All power must be held by government or you're a threat to them.

Very scary where that is going.
Aggiebrewer
AG
that video is so 1984

the irony is so called "liberals" support this speech police idea & by in large seem to want it here.

they are what they used to claim to despise. fascists
Humorous Username
AG
Thank God I live in a country where the second amendment continues, for now, to keep government fearful of its people, instead of this blatant display of government suppression of speech that OP linked.

That is exactly one of the reasons we fought to leave, and remain free from, the hated British, and libs want to bring it back in the name of good feels.
AgBQ-00
AG
If they truly believe what they are doing is righteous why do the refuse to discuss it on camera? They know the path they are on is tyrannical.
Humorous Username
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

If they truly believe what they are doing is righteous why do the refuse to discuss it on camera? They know the path they are on is tyrannical.

Which is why the cop said he was "uncomfortable" talking about it on camera.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I always liked the Kiwis with their softer version of an Austrailian accent and self depreciating humor.

Now I'm starting to think of them in terms somewhere between France and San Francisco.

I blame their constant exposure to sheep.

Our-turn-to-rule
AG
yup....fascist state behavior right there
deddog
AG
Never.Give.An.Inch
HollywoodBQ
AG
Bo Darville said:

And liberals hate it.
Actually - there is literally NO PLACE like the USA when it comes to Free Speech. I have tried to explain this to many Europeans, Australians, etc. The USA is the last/only hope for Freedom.

With respect to the video, I just watched it. At least the NZ Police can carry firearms. In Australia, they all carry Glocks. In the UK, they have to call for backup if they need an officer with a gun. Pure lunacy going on in many other countries.
4stringAg
AG
Bo Darville said:

And remember this, at one time liberals cast aside reparations as right wing fear mongering. Now it's the platform of almost every democrat candidate.

Agree. They also said we were nuts for thinking they'd take guns and numerous candidates are also running on platforms of weapons confiscations.
e=mc2
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Bo Darville said:

And liberals hate it.
Actually - there is literally NO PLACE like the USA when it comes to Free Speech. I have tried to explain this to many Europeans, Australians, etc. The USA is the last/only hope for Freedom.

With respect to the video, I just watched it. At least the NZ Police can carry firearms. In Australia, they all carry Glocks. In the UK, they have to call for backup if they need an officer with a gun. Pure lunacy going on in many other countries.
But they have a whistle! You can really make ears ring with that thing when positioned correctly!
Kashchei
AG
Humorous Username said:

Thank God I live in a country where the second amendment continues, for now, to keep government fearful of its people, instead of this blatant display of government suppression of speech that OP linked.

That is exactly one of the reasons we fought to leave, and remain free from, the hated British, and libs want to bring it back in the name of good feels.

Liberals will never understand you can't have the 1st Amendment without the 2nd.
AggieCrew2002
Will be in NZ in August can't wait to make some people uncomfortable with my MAGA hat
Urban Ag
AG
e=mc2 said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Bo Darville said:

And liberals hate it.

But they have a whistle! You can really make ears ring with that thing when positioned correctly!
Was in the UK back in August and it was very apparent that there are cops and then there are cops. The "Bobbies" or whatever they are called are glorified tour guides. The real cops were very present in London in body armor and donning M4's or MP5's. And they didn't look like they jack around. Felt very safe in London. Paris, not so much.
ThatSneakyAzzAleppoMoment
This is all you need to know.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/14/jacinda-ardern-new-zealand-prime-minister-i-do-not/

http://time.com/5589301/jacinda-ardern-gun-control-united-states-christchurch/

https://www.news.com.au/world/pacific/i-do-not-understand-the-united-states-jacinda-ardern-on-us-gun-laws/news-story/5dee8ff7f3c3211448488003a405628c
"Set in a post-apocalyptic world where Liberals have ruined everything for everyone" -Raptor
HollywoodBQ
AG
Jacinda Ardern absolutely nailed it with that sound byte.

"To be honest with you, I do not understand the United States"

No honey, you don't.

The optics of a Kiwi and a Persian-Brit sitting with the Eiffel Tower in the background while discussing "gun control" in the USA is hilarious.

Humorous Username
AG
She doesn't understand our laws, but she sure as s*** won't give up her security detail.

The hypocrisy of world "leaders" is laughable.

You keep your security detail of six armed men? I keep my own security of 8+1.
drottermd
AG
e=mc2 said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Bo Darville said:

And liberals hate it.

MouthBQ98
AG
What is more, that is what the clinical research says also, especially for children and young adults.

Now, we're not talking threatening abusive speech, but rather controversial speech or simply speech with which one disagrees or finds unpleasant to hear. Hearing, digesting, and dealing with it is part of human development of anti-fragility.
malenurse
AG
Humorous Username said:

She doesn't understand our laws, but she sure as s*** won't give up her security detail.

The hypocrisy of world "leaders" is laughable.

You keep your security detail of six armed men? I keep my own security of 8+1.
What?? No spare magazine? Or, at least a "Chicago Reload"?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
MooreTrucker
AG
Beat the Hell said:

I personally am in favor any and all immigration the government wants.
Pre-suck up?
Moon Shadow
I guess that is why the people of NZ still speak with a "British Accent".
They do not understand OUR Constitution, and the 1st Amendment (freedom of speech) and the 2nd Amendment (The RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.)

The Second Amendment insures the other amendments to the US Constitution.

BTW, I own "several" firearms and they have never gone out and shot or killed anyone. As the high school kids in Colorado said in walking out of the "memorial", "Mental Health, Mental Health!!!" .
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.