*****Official Trump vs. "Sleepy Joe" Biden*****

12,257 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HelloUncleNateFitch
HelloUncleNateFitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
9/29/2020 Update: Debate Livestream Link

4/25/19 - Make no mistake, this is the title match. The Dem primary is already rigged as usual. Trump opens us up with a nice **** post.

thirdcoast
AG
rwpag71
AG
Joe is always at his most popular the day before he announces.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The Dem primary is already rigged as usual.
How so? The super delegates can't vote on the first ballot at the convention.
Bird Poo
AG
Quote:

long in doubt
e=mc2
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Because it's the DNC. They always cheat.
The Kraken
AG
I'm not convinced Biden is a lock for the nomination
PanzerAggie06
AG
He has taken a hit lately with the "creepiness" factor so its hard to determine how he will do in the primaries. That and what I believe to be the lefts hesitancy in nominating a white guy could lead to him failing. However, if he can over come those two things, which is difficult, and play up the Uncle Joe bit effectively he could present a challenge next fall. Biden, if he can figure out how to undo the creepy factor, can come across as a likable guy. Hope he doesn't figure this out.
policywonk98
AG
Joe's rhetoric in English and Spanish dubbing is so over the top it makes me want to bang my head against the wall.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I kinda love that we have a President that likes to talk $h!t.

Joe Exotic
AG
Biden is trumps biggest threat, mainly because he resonates with Midwest and rust belt whites. It may actually benefit trump to somewhat endorse Biden and speak highly of him. This would result in Biden actually losing a ton of core progressive support.
aggiehawg
AG
e=mc2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Well, if that alone is the central premise, imagine this.

The primaries go to a contested convention, Bernie, Biden, Harris are each in the 33-34% range. Who could possibly be a consensus candidate? Bernie Bros will not likely budge so it would take a coalition of Biden/Harris voters to get a majority. Michelle Obama?
HelloUncleNateFitch
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

1. Super Delegates are out, but as 2016 clearly demonstrated (Donna Brazile, DWS), the party will do whatever it takes to make sure the right person wins. Biden will win, and the party will select a less old, less white, maybe less male VP.

2. Also demonstrated in 2016, they won't let Bernie win. I suspect a smear campaign will be their go-to plan (recall evidence that they spied on him in 2015-2016 along with Trump. More traditionally, they'll steer funding toward beating him.

3. Biden is a backup QB competing against about 20 third string QBs at best, with most being on the practice squad.
titan
S
e=mc2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Correct. They will find a way. Don't forget the tools massive MSM bias and collusion with them can give them.

Still, they may tick off their challenger crowd if they rig the debates and nomination sequence too obviously. Its entirely possible AOC style followers would lead a protest in mid stream without waiting for the election to be over.
30wedge
Just don't think the dems will support an old white guy since many of them hate old white guys.
titan
S
30wedge said:

Just don't think the dems will support an old white guy since many of them hate old white guys.
I don't either. Still think it will be Kamala since she checks the mindless demand for a "woman President" box without also being physically and in manner a shrew or marm. That will play a role, make no mistake.

Substance counts for nothing, bordering on irrelevant. That lack or not won't hurt her or factor.

RAB91
Bo Darville said:

Biden is trumps biggest threat, mainly because he resonates with Midwest and rust belt whites. It may actually benefit trump to somewhat endorse Biden and speak highly of him. This would result in Biden actually losing a ton of core progressive support.
This. I don't think that Biden can with the nomination, but if he does he stands a really good chance to beat Trump. He should commit to only serving one term. This would help some of the Dems vote for him just to get Trump out.
Ags77
AG
I was afraid Joe wasnt going to get in the race. Glad he did.
Gigem
Joe Exotic
AG
Ags77 said:

He and klobuchar are the only non insane dems running.
Ags77
AG
Bo Darville said:

Ags77 said:

I agree. That would be my favorite ticket.
Gigem
Joe Exotic
AG
Ags77 said:

Bo Darville said:

Ags77 said:

I agree. That would be my favorite ticket.

Not me. I value personally responsibility and liberty far too much to vote Democrat.
Wabs
AG
Creepy, Sleepy Joe.
e=mc2
AG
aggiehawg said:

e=mc2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Well, if that alone is the central premise, imagine this.

The primaries go to a contested convention, Bernie, Biden, Harris are each in the 33-34% range. Who could possibly be a consensus candidate? Bernie Bros will not likely budge so it would take a coalition of Biden/Harris voters to get a majority. Michelle Obama?
Joseph Parrish
AG
I think it would sting a lot more if it was "Creepy Joe Biden" instead of "Sleepy Joe Biden"...
Ags77
AG
Creepy, Sleepy Joe vs Obese, Orange Trump. Get your popcorn.
Gigem
PanzerAggie06
AG
I hope Trump is smart in the next year+ while the Dems have this feeding frenzy of a primary season. Let them destroy one another while limiting his comments. In other words....store up his ammo for the general election.

Take the creepiness factor for Biden. Republicans should just let this go for now. Let it sit there and fester. If we all harp on this from now until the actual election it will start to lose its effectiveness and by election day it could be worthless as an attack tool. This goes for all the Dom candidates at this point. Don't let them have a pass on everything but the GOP and Trump need to be judicial in how they react.
The Collective
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

I think it would sting a lot more if it was "Creepy Joe Biden" instead of "Sleepy Joe Biden"...

Gotta save the big guns for later.
Broba Fett
The worst thing for us is if Kamala gets the nod and we have to compete with the double minority vote BS. Joe is not a challenge.
aggiehawg
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

1. Super Delegates are out, but as 2016 clearly demonstrated (Donna Brazile, DWS), the party will do whatever it takes to make sure the right person wins. Biden will win, and the party will select a less old, less white, maybe less male VP.

2. Also demonstrated in 2016, they won't let Bernie win. I suspect a smear campaign will be their go-to plan (recall evidence that they spied on him in 2015-2016 along with Trump. More traditionally, they'll steer funding toward beating him.

3. Biden is a backup QB competing against about 20 third string QBs at best, with most being on the practice squad.
I'm old enough to remember 1968. Hubert Humphrey was the sitting VP but didn't run because Johnson didn't announce his intentions to not seek reelection until the end of March, 1968. Entering late, he relied on ringers, or stand-ins in the later caucuses to gain state delegations. It was called the "favorite son" strategy back when they had brokered conventions.

The change in the rules after 1968 brought in the super delegates to stop brokered conventions. But now that the super delegates are sidelined for the first ballot, I have to wonder in such a crowded field whether one or more are stand-ins that can throw whatever delegate count they may have to Biden before the first ballot?

We'll see how many people drop out after the grueling debate schedule. Just something to think about.
Ags77
AG
Broba Fett said:

The worst thing for us is if Kamala gets the nod and we have to compete with the double minority vote BS. Joe is not a challenge.

I think Biden / Harris is the best ticket in terms of chance to win, but Biden / Klobachur is my personal favorite.
Gigem
Muy
AG
What is Joe's actual plan? Not like he's been in Washington long enough to have a track record or anything.
oysterbayAG
AG
Biden / Buttgiggles is my choice !
BenFiasco14
AG
I have no idea why exactly but I personally find "Sleepy" Joe hysterical
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
will25u
GCP12
AG
Biden has bigger issues than Trump right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.