Dale Hansen on white privilege in the NFL

Shanked Punt
How long do you want to ignore this user?

At least he has the courage to admit he is also the product of white privilege and not just throwing stones at Kliff and the NFL.

Quote:

"There's been a lot of criticism of the Arizona Cardinals hiring Kliff Kingsbury as their new coach. Even my guys Mike and Jonah have been questioning that hire. But Kingsbury fits all the criteria to be a head coach in the NFL. He's an offensive genius, he's young and he's white and not necessarily in that order. There have been six new coaches hired so far, all white and two coaches of color they are replacing. Steve Wilks out of Arizona after just one year, Vance Joseph in Denver after just two. Cowboys coach Jason Garrett is in his ninth year, apparently because he wins so much.

A lot of people don't understand how Kingsbury could have a losing record at Texas Tech, no NFL experience and get one of the 32 NFL jobs. But getting fired at Tech doesn't eliminate him from moving up, at least it doesn't to me.

I've had 11 jobs in my life, been fired from eight of them and moved up every time. And I am arrogant enough to tell you, I think Channel 8 was right to give me another chance. But I am the product of white privilege in America and I've never denied that I wasn't either. If they made a poster, my picture should be on it. Getting fired at one place and getting a chance at the other isn't the problem.

"But young, talented coaches of color not getting the chance, that's a huge problem. The covert racism of the NFL ownership group is so bad, the NFL had to make a rule so that minority coaches could at least get an interview. Cowboys secondary coach Kris Richard has been interviewed and there are reports saying he might get the Miami job. After what he's done with this Cowboys' defense, how could he not?

"Unless it is true what black parents have been telling their children for decades now: You have to be twice as good to go half as far. I dream of the day when those parents are wrong, because now they're not."

inoffensive username
AG
Go away
Bo Darville
AG
"White privilege" is fake made up bull****.
BigRobSA
That guy sounds dumber than sh/t.

MookieBlaylock
AG
Who?

If he dies he doesn't make the celebrity death watch

usmcbrooks
Wildcat
AG
BigRobSA said:

He's built a following by bringing the pseudo intellectual leftist take to sports. It's his niche.
Evening Time Joke Man
Blacks just cant get ahead in the NFL
powerbelly
AG
BigRobSA said:

He is at the end of his career and has decided to remain relevant by attaching himself to the liberal cause of the week.
waitwhat?
Was your new year resolution to become an even worse poster? Because if so, you've succeeded.

Just because Dale is on TV doesn't give him any political credibility. He's an idiot.
Brock Landers
AG
If there's one industry where being white isn't an advantage, I'd say it's professional athletics. There are a fair number of nfl defenses that start zero white people. And you know what? I don't care. Professional athletics is one of the few remaining meritocracies, and let's keep it that way.
zoneag
jamaggie06
AG
Shanked, should we fire Jimbo and rehire Sumlin? White priveledge and all.
Wildcat
AG
Evening Time Joke Man said:

Blacks just cant get ahead in the NFL

Blue star, dude. Blue star.
Ag with kids
AG
Dale Hanson has been a complete dbag for as long as I lived in the metroplex.

Randy Galloway at least had some real insight that wasn't virtue signaling.
Old Tom Morris
LOL at Shanked Punt posting about Dale Hansen. We've hit a new low
lead
Why is a sportscaster worrying about how the NFL runs its business when it has nothing to do with the actual play on the field?
TresPuertas
AG
To imply that it's racism that coaches don't get hired is one of the biggest moronic arguments one can make. It's usually white nerds who have no interest in sports who bring this up.

There is one equalizer in all sports. WINNING.

Not one single god****ned fan base would care about what color their coach was as long as they win.

Oh and to edit Shanked (or Dale), tell me one Black coach who was worthy of a hire who got passed over.

Rockdoc
AG
But they're perfect for each other.
Old Tom Morris
Dale is an old **** that long ago stopped giving a **** about reporting on sports and instead focused on social commentary because he's a washed up attention hoar. He's basically a caricature of himself at this point.
Charlie Kelley
Oh goody another dale Hansen video that all my Lilly white suburban housewife fb friends will be posting
FWAppraiser
AG
Ag with kids said:

Dale Hanson has been a complete dbag for as long as I lived in the metroplex.

This.

And ever since he got on Ellen for his Michael Sam rant a few years ago, he uses every chance he has to try and "go viral" again. The guy's an arrogant jerk that should have been put out to pasture a long time ago.
Shanked Punt
jamaggie06 said:

Jimbo has actually won championships. Sumlin has not. So he has a much better record.

Kliff just got fired from tehc
Blanco Ag
AG
There are a lot of legitimate questions that could be raised around the KK hire, but race ain't one of them.
Tom Hagen
AG
Dale Hansen = Everything I hate about Dallas
Maroon Dawn
AG
What is it about having black skin that inherently makes someone a better candidate than Kliff?

Because apparently it's a huge and necessary qualification to this idiot
HollywoodBQ
AG
So let me get this straight, NFL owners would rather lose games than hire Black people?

Sounds like a dumb way to run a business.
Cynic
Where are the Mexicans and Asians in the NFL? Don't they value diversity?
Ulysses90
AG
https://youtu.be/MXkgvaF6U5U?t=1808

Quote:

Person: I am racist because I think every white person is racist. I participate in institutions, like I benefit from capitalism, which was built on slavery and racism.

Patrick Courrielche: These days, a white person claiming all white people are racist is nothing extraordinary. But for this particular white person to admit she's racist, says a lot about how effective this conditioning has becomebecause she's blind.

Person: I believe there's racism within the blind community because there is racism everywhere and the blind community is no exception.

Patrick Courrielche: When society has convinced a blind person that they are racist the power of the indoctrination industry is revealed.
Bird93
AG
When are we gonna start hearing complaints that black players are over represented in the league relative to their overall population percentage?
hbtheduce
AG
Another topic "shanked" by the OP.
jamaggie06
AG
There are 32 coaches in the NFL. How many were fired on Black Monday? I don't think every opening filled by a white guy could also be filled by a championship winning coach.

Maybe it would be ok if AZ hired Tom Coughlin? Or Mike Martz?

I give AZ props for eschewing NFL standard operating procedure of hiring retread 8-8 coaches like they always do. I do question hiring Kingsbury, but, its the team's money.

I don't see how you could argue that any team willingly, and intentionally hires a coach they believe to be inferior simply bc that coach is white. The pressure to win is intense. The NFL is not a "fun, fair, we don't keep score league", ...yet.
EskimoJoe
this white privilege nonsense has jumped the shark.
Bird93
AG
I genuinely feel sorry for most people searching for reasons to be perpetually triggered. But not you...you're just a drive-by troll that doesn't have the guts to even stick around and defend your drivel.
ttu_85
Shanked Punt said:

jamaggie06 said:

Jimbo has actually won championships. Sumlin has not. So he has a much better record.

Kliff just got fired from tehc
Cant even spell tech not even in ****.

But...Keep postin' buddy. We on the right love every post you make.
Page 1 of 3

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.