RBG falls and breaks her ribs....

FDT 1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Link
Muy
AG
It's happening gif
powerbelly
AG
Hope for a speedy recovery.

AgNav93
AG
The left will make her like Darth Vader to get her through the next six years. Bless her heart.
jtmoney03
MouthBQ98
AG
Best wishes for her health. I hope she exercises good judgement regarding her ability to serve.
UncleNateFitch
Ouch, hope she recovers and then retires.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Ow
Rapier108
While I do not like her as a Supreme Court justice, I hope she recovers and then decides to retire and spend what time she left with her family.
No Spin Ag
You just know that right now Pelosi is working to find a way to put RBG in a wheelchair and under 27/7 nursing care for at least the next 6 years.
Ag87H2O
AG
I can't imagine how tough the next SC confirmation will be if it happens in the next 18 months while Republicans have complete control. Trump and the Republicans in the Senate better be on their game and ready for war because it's coming. God be with ACB or whoever the nominee may be.
Ag87H2O
Burdizzo
AG
How do you break ribs when you're asleep all the time?

(I am sorry. I know that was really insensitive, and staff can delete if they want. I just couldn't help myself.)
RAB91
Jim Acosta pushed her.
Gigemags382
AG
I feel like a horrible human being
BenFiasco14
AG
T&P
Yet the progressives adamantly refuse to act, apparently paralyzed by a belief that restricting the free movement of peoples from foreign lands violates one of the great commandments of liberal democracy.

-Pat Buchanan, “Trump and the Invasion of the West” June 2018
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Gravity is obviously racist and sexist
nortex97
AG
Hopefully, while recovering, she has time to review (or have read to her) her beloved South African constitution, which affords only 12 year terms for justices.
Bo Darville
AG
Gigemags382 said:

I feel like a horrible human being

For what I'm hoping for I do too.

But I don't care.
No Spin Ag
Burdizzo said:

How do you break ribs when you're asleep all the time?

(I am sorry. I know that was really insensitive, and staff can delete if they want. I just couldn't help myself.)
I laughed, but in my defense staph, Burdizzo said it.
Pelayo
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Best wishes for her health. I hope she exercises good judgement regarding her ability to serve.
I suspect that has been out of her hands for sometime.

She should recover slowly from the injury. Why did she fall, mechanical, balance, heart failure, the possibilities are endless.

Worried about civil unrest when she does pass.
wbt5845
AG
To paraphrase Mark Twain - I've never wished someone dead, but I have read some obituaries with more pleasure than others.
in
Prognightmare
4 pages/ 5 bans

I'm in
Burnsey
AG
VaultingChemist
AG
Quote:

It is not the first time that Ginsburg has fractured her ribs while on the court. In June 2012, Ginsburg fractured two ribs in a fall and did not disclose the incident to the public until months later.
One of the few times RBG followed precedent....
Mr.Infectious
Not making this a political statement but it's very well known when the olds start falling and breaking ribs, hips etc. it's just a short matter of time before they leave this earth.

So hard to for the body recover from injuries when age advances into 80s and 90s.
ttu_85
MouthBQ98 said:

If that were the case she would have retired years ago. The best interests of the country do not seem to be a priority with her.
aggie appraiser
Ag87H2O said:

I can't imagine how tough the next SC confirmation will be if it happens in the next 18 months while Republicans have complete control. Trump and the Republicans in the Senate better be on their game and ready for war because it's coming. God be with ACB or whoever the nominee may be.

After the humiliation the Dems took this last time, you'd think they'd learn....but they won't.
IDAGG
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Agreed. First of all I wish RGB a quick recovery. But to your point if she decides to retire, the Kavanaugh hearings will look like a church picnic compared to the hearings for the RGB replacement.

I honestly expect the Dems to lead with "This seat is reserved for all perpetuity for someone exactly like RGB" "After all it is in effect The RGB endowed chair"

And I am serious. She is a god to them.
wbt5845
AG
in
powerbelly
AG
ttu_85 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

If that were the case she would have retired years ago. The best interests of the country do not seem to be a priority with her.
She wanted her replacement to be nominated by Hillary. It was a huge tactical blunder for her not to retire when Obama was in office and the dems had control of the senate.
akm91
It's not the injuries but the stuff you pick up in the hospital that's dangerous to the elderly.
wbt5845
AG
powerbelly said:

ttu_85 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

She wanted her replacement to be nominated by Hillary. It was a huge tactical blunder for her not to retire when Obama was in office and the dems had control of the senate.
Hubris is the Left's Achilles' heel.
in
South Platte
wbt5845
AG
Mr.Infectious said:

Not making this a political statement but it's very well known when the olds start falling and breaking ribs, hips etc. it's just a short matter of time before they leave this earth.

So hard to for the body recover from injuries when age advances into 80s and 90s.
Username checks out
in
aTmAg
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Luckily, the GOP has enough senators that it doesn't matter what Olympia Snow and Susan Collins do.

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.