*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

8,493,944 Views | 71042 Replies | Last: 38 min ago by Ag83
Russ Dalrymple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
L

O

L

ProgN
ProgN
ProgN
aggiehawg
AG
Prognightmare said:

Is that a guy?
ProgN
Don't believe so
HoldMyBeer
AG
No, and neither was the teenage student.
Hey...so.. um
Prognightmare said:

I'm not sure why I get so much enjoyment watching people get tazed for not complying with lawful orders. That video is great and I'm sure my next statement will get me labelled with some ism/ist but it was funnier because she was fat.
ProgN
GCP12
AG
GoodAg1980 said:

No, and neither was the teenage student.
Actually makes a little more sense that way
TresPuertas
AG
Hey...so.. um said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm not sure why I get so much enjoyment watching people get tazed for not complying with lawful orders. That video is great and I'm sure my next statement will get me labelled with some ism/ist but it was funnier because she was fat.
Nope. I've watched this 3 times and I'm still laughing. This video is GOLD, and yes much of that is because she's fat. The other part is that old people like this think they are above the law. Its fun to see them be reminded that they aren't...... especially with voltage.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

The other part is that old people like this think they are above the law. Its fun to see them be reminded that they aren't...... especially with voltage.

Mixed emotions for me. Basically, you have an old lady tossed on the ground and tazed for a broken tail light. Yes, she was being a witch, but the cop went from 'sign this' to "you're under arrest" in a millisecond. He could have spent another 30 seconds being more persuasive and explanatory, and she probably would have signed.

Instead, he looks like Barney Fife going after someone's grandmother. And he gets to spend two hours booking her in, as opposed to the 30 seconds of persuasion and going on with his life.

That being said, once granny drove off, she was inviting the felony stop.
n_touch
Quote:

Basically, you have an old lady tossed on the ground and tazed for a broken tail light
no, she was getting a ticket for the light which she was already warned about.

Quote:

Even driving off did not get her tazed, her fighting back and kicking at the officer did.
CanyonAg77
AG
Still doesn't negate the possibility that the cop could have de-escalated and persuaded. It would have ended better for both.
FrioAg 00
AG
I don't know, at some point the cop is not responsible for the assailants poor decisions - and this lady made a lot of really poor decisions

Honestly she should spend a few nights in jail and have a ton of fines and legal expenses to help deter her from future poor decisions
Tom Hagen
AG
CanyonAg77
AG
The real question, is how do you get to your seventh or eighth decade in life and not realize that you're never going to win on the side of the road, Just sign the damn ticket and take it to the judge.
captkirk
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I don't know, at some point the cop is not responsible for the assailants poor decisions - and this lady made a lot of really poor decisions

Honestly she should spend a few nights in jail and have a ton of fines and legal expenses to help deter her from future poor decisions
My sympathy ended when she kicked the officer
Hey...so.. um
CanyonAg77 said:

The real question, is how do you get to your seventh or eighth decade in life and not realize that you're never going to win on the side of the road, Just sign the damn ticket and take it to the judge.

Correct, signing the ticket does not admit guilt, only acknowledging you got a ticket and with resolve it with the court.
Hey...so.. um
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

The other part is that old people like this think they are above the law. Its fun to see them be reminded that they aren't...... especially with voltage.

Mixed emotions for me. Basically, you have an old lady tossed on the ground and tazed for a broken tail light. Yes, she was being a witch, but the cop went from 'sign this' to "you're under arrest" in a millisecond. He could have spent another 30 seconds being more persuasive and explanatory, and she probably would have signed.

Instead, he looks like Barney Fife going after someone's grandmother. And he gets to spend two hours booking her in, as opposed to the 30 seconds of persuasion and going on with his life.

Canyon, if you go back and watch it again, it is pieced together. I'm sure the raw footage is longer and she was being a ***** the whole time. I'm not so sure he went from 0 to 60 like you may think.

Maybe this should have it's own thread so all the anti cop folks and chime in. This thread seems to lean further right than the board in general ever since ectecerra or whatever zher name was.
CanyonAg77
AG
You may be correct. All that's on the video is:
Sign it
No
You're under arrest
captkirk
AG
captkirk
AG
ProgN
drcrinum

annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
biobioprof
agent-maroon
AG
MooreTrucker said:

tsuag10 said:

Re: Marianne Williamson
Anybody that uses the term "stan" is a moron, period.
Could somebody please help out a twitter-free old and explain what the term "stan" means?

TIA
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Squadron7
AG
agent-maroon said:

MooreTrucker said:

tsuag10 said:

Could somebody please help out a twitter-free old and explain what the term "stan" means?

TIA

You are witnessing someone throwing of the shackles of racist, colonialist, patriarchal, and imperialist rules of grammar and spelling.
hawk1689
AG
The User name made me giggle.
pdc093
I think it means SUPER fan....
MooreTrucker
AG
agent-maroon said:

MooreTrucker said:

tsuag10 said:

TIA
stan
/stan/

noun

1.an overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity.
"he has millions of stans who are obsessed with him and call him a rap god"

verb

1.be an overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity.
"y'all know I stan for Katy Perry, so I was excited to see the artwork for her upcoming album"

See? Stupid.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Not sure it would have been any different regardless of any demographic category. I can't imagine a teenager getting away with that. You either sign the ticket or you get arrested is the way it's always been and is the way it should be. All bets are off the second you resist arrest.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agent-maroon
AG
Thanks for the replies. It didn't even occur to me that it would actually be in an online dictionary somewhere. My epiphany for the day - I'm actually old enough that daily English language use has evolved beyond slang and my ability to comprehend it even with fully evident contextual clues.
MooreTrucker
AG
agent-maroon said:

Thanks for the replies. It didn't even occur to me that it would actually be in an online dictionary somewhere. My epiphany for the day - I'm actually old enough that daily English language use has evolved beyond slang and my ability to comprehend it even with fully evident contextual clues.
These damn kids invent a new word almost weekly.
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 2030

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.