A house divided against itself cannot stand.

9,928 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Reno Hightower
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know some of you do not identify as Christian, so I don't mean for this to be a debate about it. Really this is for those who do identify as Christian. We as Christians understand this battle is of good and evil, forces in confrontation we cannot see.

I often wonder why the "Progressive" Liberal left refuses to vehemently denounce Islam's position on the persecution of Women and murder of Gays , but often do oppose Christian teaches, to the point of trying to subpoena sermons, trying to get it banned as hate speech, etc. It seems an illogical attack on a community whose fundamental approach is service, whose ultimate teaching is Love, versus no attack on a religion whose doctrine is death to the very same group.

When Jesus was accused of casting out Demons in the name of Satan:

"Mark 3:22-Mark 3:26 NIV And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons." Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come."

It is clear to me, then, that if the Progressive attack on the moral foundation and fabric of our society is a strategy of Satan and Islam is also a strategy of Satan, by the teachings of Jesus those two things cannot oppose each other. Therefore, crickets chirping from the left when young girls are kidnapped from families in Nigeria or forced to be subject to their husbands as property. Crickets again when men are thrown from buildings. Spittle flecked outrage when islamists are denied entry into this country. Makes sense to me.
Vernada
AG
The idea that the right has a monopoly on Christianity is not only asinine but probably the most dangerously divisive belief one could hold.
CrazyDayDuck
Ciboag96 said:

I know some of you do not identify as Christian, so I don't mean for this to be a debate about it. Really this is for those who do identify as Christian. We as Christians understand this battle is of good and evil, forces in confrontation we cannot see.

I often wonder why the "Progressive" Liberal left refuses to vehemently denounce Islam's position on the persecution of Women and murder of Gays , but often do oppose Christian teaches, to the point of trying to subpoena sermons, trying to get it banned as hate speech, etc. It seems an illogical attack on a community whose fundamental approach is service, whose ultimate teaching is Love, versus no attack on a religion whose doctrine is death to the very same group.

When Jesus was accused of casting out Demons in the name of Satan:

"Mark 3:22-Mark 3:26 NIV And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons." Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come."

It is clear to me, then, that if the Progressive attack on the moral foundation and fabric of our society is a strategy of Satan and Islam is also a strategy of Satan, by the teachings of Jesus those two things cannot oppose each other. Therefore, crickets chirping from the left when young girls are kidnapped from families in Nigeria or forced to be subject to their husbands as property. Crickets again when men are thrown from buildings. Spittle flecked outrage when islamists are denied entry into this country. Makes sense to me.

Very well said.

The Democrat Party today basically opposes the Ten Commandments. Even the liberal Ted Turner commented that they should be labeled as the "Ten Suggestions".
Aggie Dan
AG
Vernada said:

The idea that the right has a monopoly on Christianity is not only asinine but probably the most dangerously decisive belief one could hold.
ArcticPenguin
Those are a lot of words, so I just scanned them. But, I think I get the jist. Progressive liberals (as you label them) fully understand and do not condone how any religion (including Islam and Christianity) treat any group of people that don't conform to their cultural beliefs. The major difference is that they believe people should have the FREEDOM to choose whether to follow the tenants of a certain religion. In short, they think all groups of people - women, lgbt, black, white, orange, or purple should be left alone.

Liberals strongest belief on social issues is the separation of Church and State. That is true for any religion, rather it be Sharia law or Evangelical law which is pushed hard on this board (and the irony is lost on many).
Funky Winkerbean
AG
The far left doesn't believe in omnipotence or religion of any kind. If they denounced Islam, by default they would denounce Christianity and that is political check mate for them in the US.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Why stand?

This nation needs to break up into 3 separate nations each combined with 3 portions of Canada that identify with them

People's Organic Republik of Left Coastistan

America

Glorious People's Democratic Republic of Yankeeland

Everybody wins!
FbgTxAg
AG
I'm not a Christian but even I can see that modern liberalism worships only itself and does everything it can to undermine the influence of Christianity.
BanderaAg956
Vernada said:

The idea that the right has a monopoly on Christianity is not only asinine but probably the most dangerously decisive belief one could hold.

Given so many left leaning folks claim to be Christian yet they are gays, lesbians, bi, transgendered, which clearly violates the Bible and Christian teachings? Given all the left leaning liberals say it is okay to have abortions and kill a life intentionally, which is still against the Bible!
Tanya 93
Liberals in this country tend to worry about Christians because they can be the ones who want to put their religious morality into law and have the ability to do it.

They do not condone the abuse of other religions but focus on the one most likely to try to affect their daily life.
RAB91
Vernada said:

The idea that the right has a monopoly on Christianity is not only asinine but probably the most dangerously divisive belief one could hold.
25 years ago you were probably right. But once the Dems stated that they only have room in their party for pro-abortion people, what you stated is no longer the case.

Quote:

Quote:

Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez became the first head of the party to demand ideological purity on abortion rights, promising Friday to support only Democratic candidates who back a woman's right to choose.

"Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman's right to make her own choices about her body and her health," Perez said in a statement. "That is not negotiable and should not change city by city or state by state."

"At a time when women's rights are under assault from the White House, the Republican Congress, and in states across the country," he added, "we must speak up for this principle as loudly as ever and with one voice."

phatbeast
AG
drevans956 said:

Vernada said:

Given so many left leaning folks claim to be Christian yet they are gays, lesbians, bi, transgendered, which clearly violates the Bible and Christian teachings? Given all the left leaning liberals say it is okay to have abortions and kill a life intentionally, which is still against the Bible!

Pretty sure that everyone who claims to be Christian is a sinner, whether they're on the left, the right, or in the middle.
FbgTxAg
AG
ArcticPenguin said:

Those are a lot of words, so I just scanned them. But, I think I get the jist. Progressive liberals (as you label them) fully understand and do not condone how any religion (including Islam and Christianity) treat any group of people that don't conform to their cultural beliefs. The major difference is that they believe people should have the FREEDOM to choose whether to follow the tenants of a certain religion. In short, they think all groups of people - women, lgbt, black, white, orange, or purple should be left alone.

Liberals strongest belief on social issues is the separation of Church and State. That is true for any religion, rather it be Sharia law or Evangelical law which is pushed hard on this board (and the irony is lost on many).

Borderline comical to suggest liberals believe in Freedom of any kind. Unless you misspelled Free Stuff.
Aggie Dan
AG
There are a lot of people on this thread pointIng out the spec in their brother's eye.
ArcticPenguin
I have said this before, so I will say it again.

Neither major party stands for true freedom, though parts of each parties platform does, but a majority doesn't.

Dems want to be everyone's Mom and coddle and protect the America people by babying them.

Reps want to be everyone's Dad and keep the American people in line by forcing whatever moral authority they believe they have onto the American people.

Neither is okay, and neither is freedom. Freedom is a basic concept. If your behaviour doesn't harm someone other than yourself, then you should be allowed to do it. Your ability to be "free" stops at the point your actions physically hurt someone else.
CrazyDayDuck
jjeffers1 said:

I'm not a Christian but even I can see that modern liberalism worships only itself and does everything it can to undermine the influence of Christianity.

Exactly

The god of the Left is the god of big government.

Hence why instead of encouraging people to give more to charities, liberals want "The Rich" to pay for more for services for "The Under Privileged".

Although it's really about coveting (which is a sin according to the Ten Commandments). Liberals covet the wealth of successful people. Hence why they advance the idea of wealth distribution.
bay fan
S
What about the Christians that would happily allow those in need to starve to death or die of a curable disease rather then help those less fortunate? Christianity has multiple facets and few of us measure up in all regards, not just the left.

I am pro choice but also willing to help people less fortunate or in troubled times. Why is being anti choice but unwilling to help a woman with a child in need better or more Christian? Honest question because it seems to me everyone personalizes the way they see religion not just one side, but everyone.
Ellis Wyatt
Vernada said:

Which is why libs believe anything goes when attempting to advance their dangerous schemes. Right?
Ellis Wyatt
Tanya 93 said:

Liberals in this country tend to worry about Christians because they can be the ones who want to put their religious morality into law and have the ability to do it.
And if there's anything America doesn't need more of, it's morality. Right?
commando2004
AG
There are a few liberals and atheists who are consistent in opposing the "religious right" no matter which religion it is. Sam Harris, for example, frequently rants against Islam.

But for the most part, their double standard is blatant. Only the dominant group (straight, white, christian, and/or male) is held to any kind of behavioral standard, while "oppressed" groups are allowed (even encouraged) to get away with anything, up to and including mass murder. It's "payback" for the Crusades or slavery.
titan
S

If you look closer at Arctic Penguin's post it better explains the liberal position.

What the spiritual component is thinking about is the PC-Left, the Regressive Left. They DO NOT believe in separation of church and state, because they are a secular religion, and they want total conformity to it imposed. That immediately differentiates them from the separation of church and state liberals. There are others, but that is the most obvious.

This kind of gets at it,

Quote:

The far left doesn't believe in omnipotence or religion of any kind. If they denounced Islam, by default they would denounce Christianity and that is political check mate for them in the US.
`Far left' -- i.e, the Antia or PC-Left. The NeoJacobins. The ones who want to make the state-as-God, Man-as-God, are not liberals. And yes, precious few if any of them are likely to be Christians in anything but as a label (the way Obama seems to have used it). Communists are generally atheists or radical humanists. But there are plenty of LIBERAL Christians, because center left liberal doesn't by default put itself at opposition to Christianity. In fact, some of their pre-occupations line up with it well. A paradox not often realized.

The problem is the Democratic Party of late has been identifying more with NeoJacobin tones, so isn't even representing `liberals' any more as much as it is divider types. The MSM the same way. Pro SJW friction.

And of the Regressive Left, getting to the OP's topic, have no doubt serve the adversary agenda.
Ellis Wyatt
bay fan said:

What about the Christians that would happily allow those in need to starve to death or die of a curable disease rather then help those less fortunate?
Source?

Believing it isn't the government's responsibility to help people does not mean you want them to die. Why must libs always resort to extreme emotionally-charged rhetoric instead of honest dialogue?
Tanya 93
Ellis Wyatt said:

Tanya 93 said:

And if there's anything America doesn't need more of, it's morality. Right?
In law?

Should all politicians who divorce or cheat be banned from government?
Should people be fined for wasting?
Kids jailed for disregarding their parents' rules?
scottimus
AG
This video helped trump win.

It also speaks to your point op.

Democrats are the Christian enemy.

If you have never watched, you need too.

Gigem314
AG
Vernada said:

The Left also thinks they have a monopoly on social justice and helping people.
UTExan
Vernada said:

The idea that the left embodies Christian principals is absurd when it is devolving to genocide and totalitarianism.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
FTAggies
I'm having trouble seeing how anything in op's post advocated anything about how the right has a monopoly on Christian values. What's asinine is making the inference that he did. There are many people on the political spectrum that are not republicans or democrats. I myself am an anti-democrat, neither repub or libertarian.
titan
S

There is alot of mention of Democrats here ----- again, do some checking and realize the Democrats do not any longer represent the Center Left, or just `liberals' of the separation of church and state variety.

The assumption many naturally are making that is demonstrably wrong is that the DNC-MSM is not radical. But they are now. (Not necessarily in the 90's, probably not) They lean NeoJacobin. Even in the ethics and conduct (or lack of them) they condone. And that's the only voice you hear.

To take a local headache for Ags as example, Professor Curry is not a liberal. He is a black AntiFa -- a Regressive. So is this Emilio.

The Democratic Party has gone revolutionary statist --- not liberal. Its all about imposed top down conformity to the state as god or the only source of meaning.

The Republican Party hasn't gone anything. (It is closest to just willing to go along with statism for the bennies) Its almost nothing. Trump is some David that the people have raised in some hope he can pull off knocking down a Goliath. There is not matching conviction in his party.
titan
S

Quote:

The idea that the left embodies Christian principals is absurd when it is devolving to genocide and totalitarianism.
The ProgressiveLeft, PC-Left, DOES NOT. But liberals do embody them in many cases. We are not really hearing a lot from liberals. its why the Media doesn't understand why Democrats -- who like them are now PC-Left -- keep losing elections when `ordinary' people finally get their one time say. There is a block of their vote that hates them as much as they hate the Republicans. They just opt out.
dermdoc
AG
ArcticPenguin said:

Then why do progressives accuse Christians of not being "good Christians" if they oppose government welfare? Or force a baker to bake a cake? Or force "diversity"?

Leftists have their own version of theocracy and actually it is much more suppressive than anything the right advocates. And there is that whole abortion thing which I find very hard for a Christian to support. Which of course that means they can't in due conscience vote for a "progressive".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
titan
S
dermdoc,

One suggestion. Try to make a distinction between those in charge of the narrative -- the PC-Left -- and assuming a `liberal' actually even believes in those things or wants them. Don't confuse trolls and propagandists with in some ways equally silenced as the right left of centers. Some liberals I know are saying things about the Nola statues that exceed my reaction. But you will never see them on CNN -- and given the trend these days, not likely Fox either.

Paradise Ag
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

bay fan said:

What about the Christians that would happily allow those in need to starve to death or die of a curable disease rather then help those less fortunate?
Source?

Believing it isn't the government's responsibility to help people does not mean you want them to die. Why must libs always resort to extreme emotionally-charged rhetoric instead of honest dialogue?

Have a close friend who's a very liberal trial attorney, both intellectually brilliant and uber economically successful.

This topic arose over beers one night and we made a substantial wager over whether liberals or conservatives contribute more to charitable society. I allowed him to do the research to avoid my "Right-wing bias".

Spoiler alert - it's conservatives, especially those who identify as Christians, who contribute the most in both time and money. And it's not close.

Watch the Facebook kid's speech at Harvard. He berates economic inequities and demands the Government, not an obscenely wealthy citizen like himself, provide every citizen with a living wage to allow everybody to have the freedom to "try things out". He says it all with a straight face too.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
titan said:

The Democratic Party has gone revolutionary statist --- not liberal. Its all about imposed top down conformity to the state as god or the only source of meaning
knocking it out if the park as usual. And I like the term NeoJacobin. The center left democrats I know are happy to see the media attack trump but they're going along with it on cautiously because they realize that the views of the neojacobins are probably as far away to the left as the republicans are to the right. For now it's ok because of the (D) after the name but they're next in line to be forced to kiss the angry leftist ring. Think about it: could a democrat that refuses to profess the angry leftist pablum (whether they believe it or not) actually win their nomination?
geoag58
AG
Satan has already lost. That is not going to stop him from trying to take as many as he can to hell.
dermdoc
AG
bay fan said:

What about the Christians that would happily allow those in need to starve to death or die of a curable disease rather then help those less fortunate? Christianity has multiple facets and few of us measure up in all regards, not just the left.

I am pro choice but also willing to help people less fortunate or in troubled times. Why is being anti choice but unwilling to help a woman with a child in need better or more Christian? Honest question because it seems to me everyone personalizes the way they see religion not just one side, but everyone.
You conveniently left out that you want the government to force taxpayers to give money to folks that you deem worthy for whatever reason.

That is a very far cry from true charity which, as already mentioned, is practiced much more freely by conservative Christians than any other group.

That is why I say libs have their own church and theocracy through government forced welfare and redistribution of wealth. About as "anti freedom" as you can get also.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.