Bob Beckel has been fired from Fox News

johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
AG
That didn't take long. Thank God. He was making the Five completely unwatchable again.

Anodyne
A
lol what'd he say
Safe at Home
A
AG
He called Jessie Watters a piss-ant Wednesday night.
CJS4715
L
AG
I thought hate speech by employees was protected
dermdoc
L
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

That didn't take long. Thank God. He was making the Five completely unwatchable again.

A racist lib. Who'd have thunk it?
johnnyblaze36
A
AG
CJS4715 said:

When Fox News has higher standards than Texas A&M you know we're in trouble.
RAB91
L
He's 68.....probably a good time for retirement.
NICU Dad
L
AG
Bob came completely unglued when Trump was elected.

I'd be surprised if he has't been hitting the sauce and pills again.
ThatOneAg
A
I'd rather listen to Bob than Geraldo any day. I turn the channel when Geraldo is on.
Anodyne
A
Safe at Home said:

Lmfao
Joseph Parrish
L
AG
He's kind of been b**chy every time I've seen him since he's been back at Fox.
aginlakeway
L
AG
Safe at Home said:

Jessie is African-American?
Justin2010
H
AG
annie88
L
AG
CJS4715 said:

Not if you're white.
queso1
L
AG
He just seems like a miserable man suffering with low t and metabolic syndrome.
annie88
L
AG
Had he made a nasty remark towards a white nothing would've happened.

I didn't care for him though so I don't care that he got fired. It's funny too because he's the liberal on the show but he's an old-time liberal Democrat not the PC type you see today
cr06gis
L
AG
I kinda liked Bob. He is a frustrated liberal woman stuck in the body of an old white man that is addicted to cocaine.
pdc093
L

Quote:

Douglas Wigdor, an attorney who represents several current and former employees who have alleged racial discrimination at Fox News in a lawsuit, said he is representing the employee who complained about Beckel. In a statement, Wigdor alleged Beckel "stormed out of his office" when an African-American information-technology employee came to service his computer, "telling our client that he was leaving his office because he was Black." Wigdor alleged Fox News executives tried to get the employee to withdraw the complaint. "
Sorry, I don't believe it. Not in THAT context anyway.
I always enjoyed Beckel's dry humor. I don't have much patience for liberals in general. But, I don't mind Beckel so much.
annie88
L
AG
Anodyne said:

lol what'd he say

The article says that a black IT guy came into his office to work on his computer and apparently Bob said he wasn't going to stay in the office because he was black. Sounds kind of weird for a liberal to say that but who knows.
pdc093
L
annie88 said:

Anodyne said:

lol what'd he say

The article says that a black IT guy came into his office to work on his computer and apparently Bob said he wasn't going to stay in the office because he was black. Sounds kind of weird for a liberal to say that but who knows.
Yeah. A lawyer representing 22 current/former employees.
Sounds like they're just piling on at this point.
There's got to be more to the 'firing' than an unsubstantiated complaint.
Bunk Moreland
L
liberal and conservative isn't apples to apples with racist.

Bob is an old codger who shoots from the hip, and his mouth gets him in trouble.

Would not shock me at all that he has deep seeded feelings towards blacks, like many old white Democrats do.

Also, it may not have happened exactly how the lawyer said it, but given how quickly he was fired I'd say there is probably some merit to what happened.
Bunk Moreland
L
As for Beckel...ever since he came back, I have seen him here and there on Gutfeld's weekend show, and then on the Five a few times lately once it moved to prime time..

he seems to have lost a step, slurs more, and struggles to craft an argument. He then gets frustrated at that ***** Watters and says something stupid. He also looked truly miserable and depressed.
The Debt
L

Quote:

Bob Beckel has been fired from Fox News

This is like his 3rd firing.
Cepe
L
AG
I noticed the slurring too. I think he has serious heath problems.

On one show I remember he just started talking out of left field on a completely unrelated topic. The others just sat there looking like "Uhhhh, what do we do?" They just moved on and he wanted to continue to argue about the random topic but gave up.
TexasAggie_02
L
AG
did he call someone sweetie?
SPF250
A
AG
He's a former addict. I have no idea if his sobriety is still in tact.
oysterbayAG
A
This guy is a first class ZERO !!
SPF250
A
AG
His politics are all wrong, but I give him something of a break. I've seen addiction up close and know what it can do to people.
Ellis Wyatt
L
I actually think Bob would be fun to sit and chat with. But he is unhinged.
nhayden
L
I am glad he is gone, I liked him better the first go around, he is unhinged right now. Also, if you're a Fox employee you better not even say the word black, even if someone points at something black and ask the color. Also, your eyes better be looking at eyes and not the body of a woman.
ttu_85
L
nhayden said:

I am glad he is gone, I liked him better the first go around, he is unhinged right now. Also, if you're a Fox employee you better not even say the word black, even if someone points at something black and ask the color. Also, your eyes better be looking at eyes and not the body of a woman.
Damn I would not last a day with the talent running around that place.
StorminAg
L
AG
SPF250 said:

He's a former addict. I have no idea if his sobriety is still in tact.
The answer is pretty apparent. I'm surprised it's taken this long. I think the drink made his racism rise to the surface and he got caught with his pants down.
nhayden
L
ttu_85 said:

nhayden said:

Oh as soon as Martha Macallum walked by or Kimberley Guilfoyle I would be toast.
Joseph Parrish
L
AG
ttu_85 said:

nhayden said:

lol, I'd be in trouble too!
ldelriego
H
I think it's a list of things that has been piling up. Since being back at Fox he's been suspended for a week twice for cursing on live TV, and He said something to Meghan McCain that bought him a few days off, this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.
Page 1 of 2

Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >