Biden: "I never thought Hillary was a good candidate"

TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4521742/Joe-Biden-NEVER-thought-Hillary-great-candidate.html

Quote:

He told the conference: 'I never thought she was a great candidate. I thought I was a great candidate.'
Asked if he planned to stand next time around, Biden said his main priorities were getting his family 'back together' following Beau's death from brain cancer.

He also said he has to fulfill financial commitments to his wife, including paying off their mortgage.
Premium
H
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4521742/Joe-Biden-NEVER-thought-Hillary-great-candidate.html

Quote:

He told the conference: 'I never thought she was a great candidate. I thought I was a great candidate.'
Asked if he planned to stand next time around, Biden said his main priorities were getting his family 'back together' following Beau's death from brain cancer.

He also said he has to fulfill financial commitments to his wife, including paying off their mortgage.

Paying off mortgage vs being President. Dang, Dave Ramsey must have gotten to him.
IDAGG
L
AG
Biden just stating the obvious. She was a horrible candidate.
Locknload
H
AG
Last I heard, getting that family together is a swap meet. Good luck Joe.
nu awlins ag
L
AG
I bet he really said, "She's not a good f******g good candidate."
aggiehawg
L
AG
Quote:

He made no direct reference to Trump during his speech, for which he donated his $200,000 fee to charity.

He was speaking to a hedgefund conference? For 200K? And donated the money to a charity? How big of a mortgage does he have?
SECond2noneAgs
L
AG
Biden would have won handily.
IDAGG
L
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

He made no direct reference to Trump during his speech, for which he donated his $200,000 fee to charity.

He was speaking to a hedgefund conference? For 200K? And donated the money to a charity? How big of a mortgage does he have?
If he is donating his speaking fees, that is a pretty good indication he is mulling a run.
Splitag
H
AG
Ol Uncle Joe always tying himself to the working middle class. Dude lives in a $2.8 million dollar house in Delaware with a "guest cottage," not to mention his salary as VP was $230,000. Who is still buying this crap? He like most of DC, is anything but middle class.
aggiehawg
L
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

Hell, I might have even voted for Uncle Joe. Would have been the first time in my life I would have voted for a Dem for President in ten national elections. (Number in which I have been eligible to vote.)
ArcticPenguin
L
SECond2noneAgs said:

This. Nothing he said is wrong
aggiehawg
L
AG
IDAGG said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

If he is donating his speaking fees, that is a pretty good indication he is mulling a run.
Probably doubled his lifetime donations to charity in fell swoop, to boot.

He'll be 77. He's had neurological issues in the past. A stroke could get him before 2020. (Not saying that's a good thing, just pointing out his health issues.)
Duncan Idaho
L
Biden would have been the left's W.

A lack luster president that would have been a lot of fun go hang out with.
nu awlins ag
L
AG
Splitag said:

Ol Uncle Joe always tying himself to the working middle class. Dude lives in a $2.8 million dollar house in Delaware with a "guest cottage," not to mention his salary as VP was $230,000. Who is still buying this crap? He like most of DC, is anything but middle class.
Apparently when you are one of "them" that doesn't matter. Just look at all of Hollywood. You don't see poor dems complaining about what they make only what rich white conservative dudes make. He's made a "career" out of politics and his own party hates the "establishment. Thrown in grandma Boxer and Nancy and ol' Henry in there as well. Total hypocrites.
ttu_85
L
Honestly besides ******ed brain dead sexist feminist who thought HC was a good candidate ?
EKUAg
H
AG
aggiehawg said:

IDAGG said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Probably doubled his lifetime donations to charity in fell swoop, to boot.

He'll be 77. He's had neurological issues in the past. A stroke could get him before 2020. (Not saying that's a good thing, just pointing out his health issues.)

Agreed. His tax forms in office showed little charitable giving. President Obama at least had good sized donations to Fisher House.

Joe also said he got into politics because he didn't want to get a real Job. At least he was honest with that
IDAGG
L
AG
aggiehawg said:

Good point. Even if he stays healthy 77 is pretty old to run for President. He is probably kicking himself in the arse for not running in 2016.

I have just started reading "Shattered" and it is already obvious that Hillary didn't have any real Democratic opponents in the primary because the political class and hired campaign guns feared her wrath and the certainty of her taking revenge if she won. This was hinted at in the chapter where Bernie first started exploring a run. I wonder if Biden may have made some informal inquiries about support for a run and everyone told him "NO and leave my name out of this conversation!" as they looked around uneasily.
akm91
L
Premium said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

Paying off mortgage vs being President. Dang, Dave Ramsey must have gotten to him.
I call BS on this.
75AG
L
AG
Joe ****ing Biden would have gotten my vote. Yeah he's a Dem, and I've never before voted for a Dem presidential candidate, but that MFer knows how things work. But alas, there was Hillary....
whatthehey78
H
AG
Quote:

Obviously, libs still don't recognize how the voting public preceives 'status quo' politicians and the swamp that is DC. That's okay...stay with the perception you have.
Line Ate Member
A
AG
Premium said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

As someone who has done his FPU and it trying to live by his ideas, I laughed way too much at this statement.
93MarineHorn
H
Quote:

Typical, fos, pandering statement and one of the reasons I hate this stupid mf'er. I do not get the love for him from some of you on this thread. He is a liar, plagiarist, career pol and basically human garbage. I wouldn't throw water on him if he was on fire.
Carl Hungus
L
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

Owlagdad
H
Joe knuckled under to Clintons-- would not want for that reason
ArcticPenguin
L
Duncan Idaho said:

True, but he would be light years better than Hillary or Trump.
NoahAg
A
Quote:

Quote:

He also said he has to fulfill financial commitments to his wife, including paying off their mortgage. updating his life insurance before Hillary orders the hit.

FIFJoe
NoahAg
A
whatthehey78 said:

Quote:

Obviously, libs still don't recognize how the voting public preceives 'status quo' politicians and the swamp that is DC. That's okay...stay with the perception you have.
I'm not a lib, but Biden would have won. Much more endearing and likable than Hillary. Trump won because he was the "not Hillary" candidate. Hillary drove republicans to come out and vote against her. Republicans would have been much more indifferent to the prospect of a Biden presidency. Heck, some would have voted for him.
UncleNateFitch
H
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I'd have a beer with Biden.
75AG
L
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

Duncan Idaho said:

I'd have a beer with Biden.
Me too. Ol' Joe would be a blast to hang with!
Carl Hungus
L
AG
NoahAg said:

whatthehey78 said:

Quote:

I'm not a lib, but Biden would have won. Much more endearing and likable than Hillary. Trump won because he was the "not Hillary" candidate. Hillary drove republicans to come out and vote against her. Republicans would have been much more indifferent to the prospect of a Biden presidency. Heck, some would have voted for him.

That's one way to put it, the other would be the biggest ****ing idiot imaginable to run for president. All the right would have to do is remind everyone is was Uncle Joe that spearheaded the attempt to discredit and block supreme court justice Clarence Thomas
LawHall88
H
AG
IDAGG said:

aggiehawg said:

Good point. Even if he stays healthy 77 is pretty old to run for President. He is probably kicking himself in the arse for not running in 2016.

I have just started reading "Shattered" and it is already obvious that Hillary didn't have any real Democratic opponents in the primary because the political class and hired campaign guns feared her wrath and the certainty of her taking revenge if she won. This was hinted at in the chapter where Bernie first started exploring a run. I wonder if Biden may have made some informal inquiries about support for a run and everyone told him "NO and leave my name out of this conversation!" as they looked around uneasily.
Yea, I bet the DNC communicated to him in no uncertain terms that it was Hillary's turn, and he is a loyal Dem who didn't want to buck the party establishment.

Say what you will about Bernie, and he would have been a terrible president, but at least he didn't run in fear from Hillary and crew.
YokelRidesAgain
L
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

Although I agree Biden would have beaten Trump, he never would have beaten Hillary in a fair Democratic primary--much less the "completely rigged in favor of Hillary" primary he would have been competing in.

Bottom line, he didn't run because he didn't have the organization or the support to overcome the "her turn" momentum at the DNC, and he knew it.
YokelRidesAgain
L
AG
Quote:

All the right would have to do is remind everyone is was Uncle Joe that spearheaded the attempt to discredit and block supreme court justice Clarence Thomas

Do you honestly think that anyone who isn't a highly partisan Republican gives a damn about some Supreme Court nomination from 25 years ago?
Carl Hungus
L
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Quote:

All the right would have to do is remind everyone is was Uncle Joe that spearheaded the attempt to discredit and block supreme court justice Clarence Thomas

Do you honestly think that anyone who isn't a highly partisan Republican gives a damn about some Supreme Court nomination from 25 years ago?

You think we are discussing a group of people that are not? The argument is that republicans, who are highly partisan, would have voted for Joe over Trump because gosh darn it, that idiot is likeable. that argument is incorrect though, because he is a liberal anti republican hack like all the rest, and it would be easy to point out. one pointed out, the same thing happens, Trump still wins.
YokelRidesAgain
L
AG
Carl Hungus said:

YokelRidesAgai said:

You think we are discussing a group of people that are not? The argument is that republicans, who are highly partisan, would have voted for Joe over Trump because gosh darn it, that idiot is likeable. that argument is incorrect though, because he is a liberal anti republican hack like all the rest, and it would be easy to point out. one pointed out, the same thing happens, Trump still wins.

Trump didn't win because he was supported by highly partisan Republicans.

He carried some northern states that Romney lost because (in order of importance):

1) Weaker than expected Democratic voter support, most of which was attributable to Hillary's weakness as a candidate

2) Support from relatively non-partisan working class voters who do not regularly vote Republican: many of these people don't know who Clarence Thomas is, much less care about him
Page 1 of 2

Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >