Not Another Dime

ViralAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
Just a reminder. If you haven't cut off your donations yet, stop them now. Talking and blue starring posts isn't going to get anything done. Cutting off funding will. It's sad what our alma mater has become, but it's necessary. Stop all of your donations, including those to athletics, the AoFS, or otherwise.

Not another ****ing dime until st least Curry is gone.
Cow Hop Ag
L
AG
Done last week.
GenericAggie
H
AG
But football....
whiskey02
H
AG
Cut off
Wes97
H
AG
Football was already paid for but I cutoff 12th man athletic ambassadors and Association of former students. And everything else A&M related going forward.
Anodyne
A
Wes97 said:

Football was already paid for but I cutoff 12th man athletic ambassadors and Association of former students. And everything else A&M related going forward.

Cut off football too. Most of the croots we want probably agree with Curry
PeekingDuck
valvemonkey91
A
AG
Got the call from AoFS last night. The young lady, Kyndall '18, listened as I explained why I would not be giving. I then asked if she had heard similar responses. She said she had heard of others who had taken responses like mine, but I was the first for her. I got a stock email later thanking me for for my time. Nothing will happen until the big money is pulled.
HeardAboutPerio
H
AG
http://www.chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/yale-dean-suspended-in-connection-with-offensive-yelp-reviews/118484

She made racist reviews like this:
"If you're white trash this is the perfect night out for you"

But was suspended for it...
Duncan Idaho
L
valvemonkey91 said:

Got the call from AoFS last night. The young lady, Kyndall '18, listened as I explained why I would not be giving. I then asked if she had heard similar responses. She said she had heard of others who had taken responses like mine, but I was the first for her. I got a stock email later thanking me for for my time. Nothing will happen until the big money is pulled.

I would have denied donating just because of her name.
Mucho austin
L
AG
I've been receiving a ton more calls from them this week. I usually get like 1 a month or so. I've had 3 this week alone.
Demon 8
A
Personally, I made a vow in January to never buy anything else maroon until Sumlin was gone. This includes tickets. I'm not an Aggie, but I did have season tix last year. Gonna watch the games from my living room this season.

Either way, they're still not getting anymore money from me - especially with this current situation.
Tom Hagen
L
AG
I never answer a call from the 979 area code after 5PM.
UncleNateFitch
H
AG
I promise not to attend any games... unless we beat UCLA and my annual confidence that we are natty bound sets in.
Anodyne
A
UncleNateFitch said:

I promise not to attend any games... unless we beat UCLA and my annual confidence that we are natty bound sets in.

Thata boy! Stand by your principles! Unless "muh football team" is winning!
Charlie Delta
V
I haven't donated because I still have a small amount of student loans. After those are gone, not any dimes to TAMU. Fix your ish TAMU.
aggie93
L
AG
ViralAg said:

Just a reminder. If you haven't cut off your donations yet, stop them now. Talking and blue starring posts isn't going to get anything done. Cutting off funding will. It's sad what our alma mater has become, but it's necessary. Stop all of your donations, including those to athletics, the AoFS, or otherwise.

I have other charities that will be getting my money this year, primarily JDRF. I am still donating for football but that money is completely separate from the academic side so I don't have qualms with it. AFS will not get a check from me.

Where it will be interesting if folks like my Dad start wavering. He's an original member of the Century Club in 1966 and has donated every year since.
aTm2004
L
AG
I stopped my donations after the Kyle Field renovations when a 10 year season ticket holder didn't get a chance to purchase tickets before they sold out. That, coupled with them taking away our parking pass a couple of years prior and then giving us essentially a "FU" when we went to renew our RV spot at Reed that we've had since about 2007, I'm done.
garc
H
I saw this number on the A&M Foundation site:

$140,067,148 given by former students in 2016.

It'll be interesting to see the impact on 2017 and beyond.
TDAggie
L
AG
ViralAg said:

So if they fire Curry, you'll call that afternoon or the next morning and renew?
Demon 8
A
TDAggie said:

ViralAg said:

So if they fire Curry, you'll call that afternoon or the next morning and renew?

No, because firing him will cause a national upheaval of the blacks calling for Young's ousting. Sharp will be targeted, too (see Mizzou).

Only after those 3 peas in a pod are gone will I consider giving my money to the university again. Won't be anytime soon for me because Sumlin is still around, though.
TDAggie
L
AG
Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

ViralAg said:

No, because firing him will cause a national upheaval of the blacks calling for Young's ousting. Sharp will be targeted, too (see Mizzou).

Only after those 3 peas in a pod are gone will I consider giving my money to the university again. Won't be anytime soon for me because Sumlin is still around, though.
So it's Sharp, Young, Curry....

And Sumlin?
Demon 8
A
TDAggie said:

Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

ViralAg said:

And Sumlin?

Sumlin is just a personal thing with me (see above).
TDAggie
L
AG
Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

ViralAg said:

And Sumlin?

I get that it's personal, I'm just trying to understand your stance.

You said you wouldn't renew because firing Curry will cause a national upheaval calling for Young's ousting and Sharp's targeting? I don't really understand what that means.

And in your specific case, this #notanotherdime social movement is also contingent upon the firing of the football coach?
SpreadsheetAg
L
AG
Demon 8
A
TDAggie said:

Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

ViralAg said:

And Sumlin?

You said you wouldn't renew because firing Curry will cause a national upheaval calling for Young's ousting and Sharp's targeting? I don't really understand what that means.

And in your specific case, this #notanotherdime social movement is also contingent upon the firing of the football coach?

You really have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you? Let me dumb it down for you: I don't plan on spending another dime until those 3 morons are gone. Others feel the same way. However, for me, just me, I will continue to withhold from renewing tickets or buying anything maroon until something is done with Sumlin. There is no "movement" associated with the latter. It's my personal preference and I don't need to explain it to you anymore.

I think we found Tanya's sock.
ThatOneAg
H
Cow Hop Ag said:

Done last week.
Same.
garc
H
garc said:

I saw this number on the A&M Foundation site:

$140,067,148 given by former students in 2016.

It'll be interesting to see the impact on 2017 and beyond.

I'm betting it drops below $130 mil, at least.
ag-bq-seventy
L
AG
Demon 8 said:

Personally, I made a vow in January to never buy anything else maroon until Sumlin was gone. This includes tickets. I'm not an Aggie, but I did have season tix last year. Gonna watch the games from my living room this season.

Either way, they're still not getting anymore money from me - especially with this current situation.
Some are proud to be fair weather fans, like you.
TDAggie
L
AG
Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

Demon 8 said:

TDAggie said:

ViralAg said:

And Sumlin?

You really have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you? Let me dumb it down for you: I don't plan on spending another dime until those 3 morons are gone. Others feel the same way. However, for me, just me, I will continue to withhold from renewing tickets or buying anything maroon until something is done with Sumlin. There is no "movement" associated with the latter. It's my personal preference and I don't need to explain it to you anymore.

I think we found Tanya's sock.
Good grief man. You're doing a horrible job of explaining yourself and taking it very personally.

Not to mention the craziness of not wearing anything maroon until the football coach is fired, but if you tie your outward allegiance to A&M based on the success of the football coach then have at it.

Since it appears you're uncomfortable with someone outside your lane let me provide my qualifiers. I've never voted for a liberal, I was in the Corps, I'm active duty military, and I think Curry should be fired. Not Tanya's sock.

And I have an AgTag. Maybe you're a tsip troll?
Your Mom And Them
V
Cancelled this morning
USMC0331
A
ag-bq-seventy said:

Demon 8 said:

So wait did I miss all the championships in football we won? Damn I must have slept thru the glory years of hoisting national championships up like Bama.
rsemingson
A
I am still donating to the Corps of Cadets Association
and will continue.
TDAggie
L
AG
USMC0331 said:

ag-bq-seventy said:

Demon 8 said:

So wait did I miss all the championships in football we won? Damn I must have slept thru the glory years of hoisting national championships up like Bama.
He may be speaking to not wearing maroon until Sumlin is fired. That's as fair weather as it gets.
USMC0331
A
TDAggie said:

USMC0331 said:

ag-bq-seventy said:

Demon 8 said:

He may be speaking to not wearing maroon until Sumlin is fired. That's as fair weather as it gets.

No worries, thanks for your service.
Page 1 of 2

Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >