Baltimore Has 6 Schools With Zero Students Proficient in Math or English

Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-18/its-absurd-6-baltimore-schools-have-zero-students-proficient-state-math-english-test

Quote:

Baltimore schools spend a staggering $16,00 per student - the fourth-highest rate in the nation - and still an investigation by Fox45's Project Baltimore revealed that at six city schools, not one student scored proficient on either the statewide tests for English and math.

At West Baltimore's Frederick Douglass High, one of five high schools and one middle school where not one student scored a four or a five on the state test, only one out of 185 students who took the test last year scored a three, while 165 students scored a one, the lowest possible score.

Must not be spending enough money.
Agnzona
L
More money and more of the same thing is all those kids need/liberals.

Is there nothing more shameful than what liberals have done to education, especially in the inner cities. People responsible should go to jail.
Madman
L
AG
If you packed those same schools with ESL Koreans I wonder what would happen?
garc
L
Charles Murray says hi.
americathegreat1492
A
Madman said:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-18/its-absurd-6-baltimore-schools-have-zero-students-proficient-state-math-english-test

Quote:

Baltimore schools spend a staggering $16,00 per student - the fourth-highest rate in the nation - and still an investigation by Fox45's Project Baltimore revealed that at six city schools, not one student scored proficient on either the statewide tests for English and math.

At West Baltimore's Frederick Douglass High, one of five high schools and one middle school where not one student scored a four or a five on the state test, only one out of 185 students who took the test last year scored a three, while 165 students scored a one, the lowest possible score.

Must not be spending enough money.
$16.00 per student??? What is this? An education system for ants??????
Maroon Dawn
L
AG
This is what you get in a city run by Republicans who wont tax and spend us into paradise
CJS4715
L
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

This is what you get in a city run by Republicans who wont tax and spend us into paradise

I see what you are doing there.
Agnzona
L
This really isn't rocket science. I could turn around the worst inner city school in a few years. Of course it would require me to be mean and not respect cultural differences and have high standards for teachers, students and parents.

All that is lacking is the will power to make all of the stake holders act responsibly.Why is that so hard?
ttha_aggie_09
L
AG
Agnzona said:

This really isn't rocket science. I could turn around the worst inner city school in a few years. Of course it would require me to be mean and not respect cultural differences and have high standards for teachers, students and parents.

All that is lacking is the will power to make all of the stake holders act responsibly.Why is that so hard?

If we're being honest, the performance of most of these kids is not due to intellectual challenge or lack of teaching (solely), but due to a lack of a support system outside of school that promotes and encourages education... I'd really like a way to be able to change that but have heard nothing that would actually accomplish that.
FDT 1999
H
AG
Sounds like they need to raise taxes on the evil rich people, and throw more money at the problem. Yeah, that's the ticket!
DannyDuberstein
L
AG
I'll bet more would pass if some white people were killed. [/dr curry]
Our-turn-to-rule
L
AG
Public education is the tits baby!!
aggiesq
L
AG
Someone will be along to tell us standardized tests are racist and disparate impact blah blah blah white privilege blah blah social construct blah blah slavery something something
William K. Klingaman
V
Always believed that you put $1.00 into the Democrat program and it spits out a dime. Now it just eats your dollar and shuts down.
ttha_aggie_09
L
AG
Our-turn-to-rule said:

Sure as hell is when you have a competitive environment and a support system at home that promotes excellence.

There are still a lot of really good school districts in the public sector.
Rapier108
L
Original comment self censored.

Unfortunately the biggest problem is a culture which encourages kids to not give a care about an education.
americathegreat1492
A
Our-turn-to-rule said:

What can I say, I'm, a big fan of tits.
WaltonLoads08
L
AG
Madman said:

If you packed those same schools with ESL Koreans I wonder what would happen?

Their parents would spend every moment not in class learning English and then mathematics, etc.

Whites are at some fault for keeping blacks as second or third class citizens for a long time, but that time is long past, and the successful blacks I know didnt spend time complaining, they got to work and did it themselves.
Cow Hop Ag
L
AG
Only 6 schools?

This is a huge indication of Democrat's success in education. / lib apologists
Sid Farkas
L
AG
Teachers aren't getting paid enough /libtards
ham98
L
they're ready for an africana degree from A&M so what's the problem?
Our-turn-to-rule
L
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

Sure as hell is when you have a competitive environment and a support system at home that promotes excellence.

There are still a lot of really good school districts in the public sector.

Sure. But it pisses through more money, has stacks of bureaucracy, runs up debt for the next generation to pay, insures job and retirement protections on the public nickel..... other then these things and a few more. ITS GREAT
TampaBayAg
L
AG
The same public school system that hired socially progressive agitator DeRay McKesson and pays him an annual salary of $165K......?

ttha_aggie_09
L
AG
I don't disagree with most of which you stated but the reality is 95% (WAG - wild ass guess) of those that attend A&M and are on this board, came from public education.

It's not a failure and private schools are not always the solution or a solution.
PhatMack19
H
AG
The state test must be racist...
daggertx
H
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Agnzona said:

If we're being honest, the performance of most of these kids is not due to intellectual challenge or lack of teaching (solely), but due to a lack of a support system outside of school that promotes and encourages education... I'd really like a way to be able to change that but have heard nothing that would actually accomplish that.

So lets keep going with crappy public school systems and those failures that we call teachers that are protected by unions. Lets not do anything since we cant fix all the parents....

Its not just parents, but its all schools, unions, teachers, stupid testing, failed Federal guidelines, and other things. Lets try and work on what we can so at least some parents can help make the best decisions for their kids.
dreyOO
L
As a kid from the RGV, all I can do is point and laugh at those liberal ways.
bmks270
L
AG
No excuse for this in America. It is incompetence from top to bottom.

It really makes me sad for the kids.
ttha_aggie_09
L
AG
All of those things are problems and need to be fixed... but they still fail to address the problem that incubates and nourishes the acceptance of failure or mediocrity.
ttha_aggie_09
L
AG
Agree
GCP12
L
AG
bmks270 said:

No excuse for this in America. It is incompetence from top to bottom.

It really makes me sad for the kids.
Most will spend their entire lives on welfare.

agsalaska
L
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I don't disagree with most of which you stated but the reality is 95% (WAG - wild ass guess) of those that attend A&M and are on this board, came from public education.

It's not a failure and private schools are not always the solution or a solution.
Public universities compete for students. Big difference.
Line Ate Member
A
AG
They'd at least pass the math?
tamutaylor12
H
Came from public education = high school and before.

Plenty of good public schools out there with good teachers and involved parents. They don't make the news though.
Lot Y Tailgate
L
AG
Agnzona said:

This really isn't rocket science. I could turn around the worst inner city school in a few years.

Okay Bunny.

Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >