The Trump PC felt like a potential turning point

aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Up until this point Trump and the media have seemed to trade barbs with each other. The media seemed to be gaining some momentum with their narratives of problems in the Trump camp and the various Russia stories.

Trump absolutely destroyed the media today and made them look small. The narrative the Trump is avoiding hard questions? Done. Trump showed he is going to drive the narrative. He spoke over the media and connected. I can't imagine anyone that voted for Trump is anything but thrilled with him right now and there are a lot of others that were skeptics or didn't vote him (like me) that are loving him now.

Trump showed he is a real leader today and he has absolutely no fear. He's also funny as hell and authentic. He is showing he is truly taking on the DC Establishment and the media and he isn't afraid to say what he thinks. He's getting more and more comfortable and is only going to get stronger and the media needs to adjust or else they are going to continue to be made to look foolish.

Trump has a style that grates on people and there are some that will never like him for certain, that said if he keeps doing what he did today he is going to continue to gain momentum. The press simply doesn't know how to deal with someone like Trump because he is playing by a different set of rules and is 3 steps ahead of them. He's also getting better and smoother as he goes along and people are going to understand him better. You can hate the guy but it's hard to credibly call him the devil or some racist/sexist/etc. crazy person if you actually listen to him for more than just a few short blurbs.

We will see what happens but Trump truly looked like a tide was turning today.
BMX Bandit
L
I don't know if it's a turning point, but reminded Trump where his strength is.

He gave good answers, bad answers & non-answers. But the answers don't matter. It's a show he controls & that's what he needs & wants.

That press conference but the media is a tizzy. Whether justified or not,it doesn't matter. It strengthened Trump with his base which ultimately will result in more pressure on other GOP lawmakers to get in line
Dr. Watson
L
This post is a wonderful reminder of how different the reality of one event can look to different people. Trump looked like an idiot at that event. He looked like a small man with a small mind.
Irish_Man
L
AG
Obviously, liberals didn't like the press conference. Best response was from Chuck Todd, he may end up placing himself at the business end of a 12 gauge if trump keeps it up.
MizooAg94
A
AG
Much better entertainment than the last guy getting tossed a softball (that he no doubt gave the press) then expounding for 40 minutes looking down his nose at the surfs. So much more intelligent than Trump...k
IDAGG
H
AG
MizooAg94 said:

Much better entertainment than the last guy getting tossed a softball (that he no doubt gave the press) then expounding for 40 minutes looking down his nose at the surfs. So much more intelligent than Trump...k
That's Serfs unless you meant that Obama was on the beach in Malibu. But Your point is correct.
Demon 8
A
Dr. Watson said:

This post is a wonderful reminder of how different the reality of one event can look to different people. Trump looked like an idiot at that event. He looked like a small man with a small mind.

To flaming liberals like you, I guess he really did look like an idiot. To the rest of us, he figuratively punched the media in the mouth after months of their bullying.

The difference between you and I is, I look at this moment as the time the underdog fought back...and won big. You look at it through your lavender colored glasses to try pick out which part(s) of the press conference offended you the most.
cone
L
AG
the PC just reminded me why so many elites / urban knowitalls hate the guy

it's not because he's some strong man that's going to undo O's legacy and turn America fascist. if anything, he's been very very weak as an executive.

they're just embarrassed by having to put up with/listen/look at him.

it bruises their ego every time he speaks.
The Chicken Ranch
L
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Sapper, Trump could part the Red Sea and you would say the same thing. The only thing that would ever impress you about a Republican is if they raised taxes and increased welfare, undermined our security, and enacted Marxist policies.

You had eight years of exactly that and now your show is over. The left is acting the same way my two year old does when "Peppa Pig" or "Dora the Explorer" is over and it's time to turn the tv off. The tantrums are comparable.
cone
L
AG
now you know how half the country felt when O would say **** about guns and religion and how at some point you've made enough money

he's the flip side of the culture war. he's Obama for flyover.
cone
L
AG
the dumbest thing the press can say is that this isn't normal

yeah actually it is now. he was elected. this is reality. it's the definition of normal now after a month.
cone
L
AG
post your transcript
wesag
H
cone said:

the dumbest thing the press can say is that this isn't normal

yeah actually it is now. he was elected. this is reality. it's the definition of normal now after a month.

Actually, that isn't dumb at ask for the press to say that.
Wildcat
L
AG
Quote:

I think posts like yours remind me that while intelligent insightful people went to TAMU, there were also people who made Cs in most subjects regardless.

I did not see the presser and have not commented, but thank you for confirming the stereotype that leftists are, if nothing else, self-aggrandizing pseudo-intellectual blowhards that routinely rely on insulting the intelligence of those with whom they disagree as a salve to heal scars of their wounded ego and pride when the world doesn't go just exactly as they think it should in light of their clearly superior intellect.

It's 6:15am. And you are already bitter and angry. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Demon 8
A
cone said:

post your transcript

No kidding. This guy wants to try to insult people based on what he thinks their grades were, when I see no damn Ag Tag by his name.

And for the record, I didn't go to A&M because I enlisted in the Marine Corps out of high school, of which I just wrapped up a 20 year career...while earning a degree from a different university
12Manny
V

Trump supporters loved what they saw at the press conference.

I don't think there was much to love, personally. I simply think he was tired of hearing the news about his administration and decided to combat it. Unfortunately, he didn't help his case.

I mean, what do you make of this:

1) saying the leaks are real but the news from those leaks are fake?

2) the misinformation about the largest electoral victory? (I give him a pass here since he said he was"given" that information)

3. Telling the Jewish reporter to sit down

4. Telling the black reporter to set up the meeting with the black caucus and saying they never wanted to meet when according to the caucus they have reached out as early as last week.

5. Dodging the questions about the details of Flynn's resignation. Why did he lie to pence in the first place?

Again, trump supporters loved what the saw. They saw trump "stick" it to them.

For a lot of folks, including myself, they were left confused and concerned.

I do think however, that he knows how to own the room and can charm the hell out of some folks. At one point, the high point of the presser in my view, he cracked a joke and had several media members laughing. I was quite impressed how well he disarmed them in that moment. I wish there were more moments like that.

aezmvp
H
Speaking as someone who was pissed off by Obama a lot... I'm pretty sure I wasn't close to WesAgs, Y Lot, or Keith's level of pissed for 6 years. And that includ ed Obamacare. Pace yourselves fellas. And Wes, people can disagree without being that crazy. That's not a good look.
CanyonAg77
L
AG
wesag said:

He looked completely mental, but don't let that hurt your narrative.

Also don't go into psychology. You don't have a knack for human behavior. I think posts like yours remind me that while intelligent insightful people went to TAMU, there were also people who made Cs in most subjects regardless.
B and C students run the world, while GPQs sneer at them from their $20k a year jobs.
wesag
H
Demon 8 said:

cone said:

post your transcript

No kidding. This guy wants to try to insult people based on what he thinks their grades were, when I see no damn Ag Tag by his name.

And for the record, I didn't go to A&M because I enlisted in the Marine Corps out of high school, of which I just wrapped up a 20 year career...while earning a degree from a different university

If you don't think I'm an Aggie I'm OK with that. It won't stop me poking fun at folks who mistake being aggressive and combative at a press conference for tact.
BarryProfit
L
As is always the case with Trump, there's no middle ground. If you are a supporter of trump you thought the PC was great, if you weren't you thought it was a disaster. But if you thought it was a disaster you should be troubled bc you weren't its target audience and won't be a target audience for at least the next four years. Expect much more of the same.
CanyonAg77
L
AG
Quote:

Sapper, Trump could part the Red Sea and you would complain about the environmental damage, the dead fish, and how it wasn't fair to the Palestinians.
Fify
Dr. Watson
L
Demon 8 said:

Dr. Watson said:

To flaming liberals like you, I guess he really did look like an idiot. To the rest of us, he figuratively punched the media in the mouth after months of their bullying.

The difference between you and I is, I look at this moment as the time the underdog fought back...and won big. You look at it through your lavender colored glasses to try pick out which part(s) of the press conference offended you the most.

Parts? The whole thing was insane. And I wasn't offended by anything. He came across as a petty fool.
V8Aggie
V
AG
wesag said:

Also don't go into psychology. You don't have a knack for human behavior. I think posts like yours remind me that while intelligent insightful people went to TAMU, there were also people who made Cs in most subjects regardless.

Lol at this guy. I can't tell you how many straight A students I've met in the real world that didn't have an ounce of common sense. Thats the problem with you libs. You come up with ideas and beliefs that only work in the vacuum of a perfect world. FYI that doesn't exist.

In regards to my grades- I managed to get A's, B's, C's and a couple of D's. Now I have a law degree and work for one of the top oil and gas consulting firms in the nation.

But go ahead and continue with your academic superiority.
BarryProfit
L
Dr. Watson said:

Demon 8 said:

Dr. Watson said:

Parts? The whole thing was insane. And I wasn't offended by anything. He came across as a petty fool.

The same percentage of the country that could not prevent Trump's election almost certainly agrees with you, if that is of any solace.
bgrimm05
H
AG
12Manny said:

I don't think there was much to love, personally. I simply think he was tired of hearing the news about his administration and decided to combat it. Unfortunately, he didn't help his case.

2) the misinformation about the largest electoral victory? (I give him a pass here since he said he was"given" that information)

4. Telling the black reporter to set up the meeting with the black caucus and saying they never wanted to meet when according to the caucus they have reached out as early as last week.

5. Dodging the questions about the details of Flynn's resignation. Why did he lie to pence in the first place?

I do think however, that he knows how to own the room and can charm the hell out of some folks. At one point, the high point of the presser in my view, he cracked a joke and had several media members laughing. I was quite impressed how well he disarmed them in that moment. I wish there were more moments like that.

You're just gonna have to get over the fact that he is going to give answers on a "need to know" basis. The sooner you realize we have a CEO running the country and not a politician, the more it will make sense to you.
backintexas2013
L
AG
wesag said:

Dang he must have hit a nerve. Usually you save this stuff for anyone who says anything that is remotely negative about teachers.
The Chicken Ranch
L
AG
True.
SpreadsheetAg
L
AG
wesag said:

Following up severe butthurt with condescension, let me know how that works out for you. Embarrassing.
The Original AG 76
L
AG
cone said:

post your transcript
Do they have transcripts for Jr Hi ?
Bald Messiah
A
AG
wesag said:

Some of the dumbest people I have ever encountered had advanced degrees and good grades.
Demon 8
A
wesag said:

Demon 8 said:

cone said:

post your transcript

If you don't think I'm an Aggie I'm OK with that. It won't stop me poking fun at folks who mistake being aggressive and combative at a press conference for tact.

You're not an Aggie. You remind me of someone that probably dropped out of A&M after half a semester, or someone that was probably a career Blinn student that thinks they were an Aggie because they shared the same area code as A&M.

I, as I've mentioned, am not an Aggie. However, I do know that Aggies are supposed to be "true to each other, as Aggies can be" - not accuse people of being C students while lacking a grasp of psychology.

Here's s novel concept for you to ponder, doctor: What his opinion is of something, is none of your damn business.
CJS4715
L
AG
wesag said:

AustinAg2K
H
Nothing will change until the news ratings drop low enough that the networks have to make a change to survive. It doesn't really matter how many great points Trump, or any one, makes. The news is just like any other business and wants to make money.
backintexas2013
L
AG
Poster has never been the same since DeVos was approved and someone dared to say teacher pay isn't bad and the job isn't the hardest job on earth.
SpreadsheetAg
L
AG
I'll swing

12Manny said:

My interpretation is that he acknowledges the leaks happened, but the information and context of the leaks was intentionally warped to fit a narrative that isn't true. Leakers beware.

I cant explain this one except whoever gave him the info was wrong, or he oversimplified whatever stat they told him... could have been something like "biggest Election Day swing from polls / projections to actuals" (80+ EC vote swing on Election Day from forecast to actual); which he oversimplified.

so he treated him like he would anyone else? Do you even Trump?

Cummings stood Trump up, if I recall correctly, and backed out of a meeting. If someone backed out of a meeting with you for political reasons, they really don't wNt to meet with you in the first place. They just want the perception of meeting with you. When that became risky to CBC politically they backed off. So Trump has declined to rengage until they came back to him. He is t going to put forth effort on someone who doesn't Truly want to meet.

People make boneheaded decisions all the time. I think Trump more than adequately covered this. Flynn didn't go down for talking to Russians (Trump even said if Flynn hadn't spoken to them, he would have been disappointed) but he did lie to Pence... buh-bye.

Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >