I almost got shot yesterday.

26,033 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by walton91
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Driving home in uptown Dallas, two African American kids walked in front of my car and came to a complete stop. They were just staring me down and I didn't react. Just looked at my phone as they very slowly got off the street.

I go up to my apartment and look out the window, and see a woman's car got shot up, thankfully they missed her.

I went down and gave the police a statement, the woman was around 65 years old, didn't look like she'd hurt a fly. She honked at the kids to get off the street and they unloaded on her car and ran off.

I'm genuinely scared for the future of our country, I will be going to get a gun within the next week.
Aggie_3
quote:
Driving home in uptown Dallas, two African American kids walked in front of my car and came to a complete stop. They were just staring me down and I didn't react. Just looked at my phone as they very slowly got off the street.

I go up to my apartment and look out the window, and see a woman's car got shot up, thankfully they missed her.

I went down and gave the police a statement, the woman was around 65 years old, didn't look like she'd hurt a fly. She honked at the kids to get off the street and they unloaded on her car and ran off.

I'm genuinely scared for the future of our country, I will be going to get a gun within the next week.
get a chl along with it and learn how to use it responsibly
Urban Ag
AG
sounds like someone needs to visit the Outdoor Board

kidding aside, I'm glad you're ok
ttu_85
quote:

Sorry to hear that but not surprised. I have long had guns but will not carry. I am signing me and the little lady up for self defence classes. It will be interesting to watch all of Ms TTU's 110 lbs turned into a weapon.
FriscoKid
AG
It's really starting to be a breakdown of the civil society.
No Spin Ag
That sucks Baller. Glad you're Okay though.

Were you in a hood area by chance, or was this is in a more "normal" area of Dallas? Sorry, I don't know Dallas that well.
dfphotos
keep voting democrat. that will solve everything.
Ackley
quote:

Were you in a hood area by chance, or was this is in a more "normal" area of Dallas? Sorry, I don't know Dallas that well.
He was in a very nice area near downtown that is predominately white.

There is no question in my mind that there was a racial motivation for their chosen location.
No Spin Ag
quote:
quote:

He was in a very nice area near downtown that is predominately white.

There is no question in my mind that there was a racial motivation for their chosen location.
Damn, now sheit's going to get real.
onceaggie
AG
Uptown is a stones throw from the ghetto
agent-maroon
AG
quote:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MGS
Time to move to Frisco.
CS78
quote:
Why do you need to say they're African American kids? I mean, what's the point, other than racism?

You're right, no need to be said. It should easily be assumed.
BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:

I never voted democrat in the first place.
halfastros81
AG
quote:
Why do you need to say they're African American kids? I mean, what's the point, other than racism?

I'd say it's a pretty relevant detail considering recent events.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:

Stating the race of the aggressors in a racially motivated incident is racist?

You are some kinda dip****
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
It's really starting to be a breakdown of the civil society.

Not in my neighborhood.

BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:

It's a descriptive term. If they were white I would have said they were white.

Let's be honest here, race is a factor in America right now.
astros4545
AG
What African country did they emigrate from ?
Urban Ag
AG

powerbiscuit
nu awlins ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Yup and Obama started it all....again.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I said they were African American.
Ag for Life
AG
Glad you're OK!

This makes me want to get a dash cam as well. Can you imagine the ****storm if they had shot up your car and you shot back and killed one or both of them defending yourself?
Vernada
AG
Send a news tip to Drudge

http://www.drudgereport.com/

bottom right
eric76
AG
Did they stand in front of the car while shooting?

I'd think that would make them a good target for plowing over in self defense.
Vernada
AG
Or ran one over?

eric76
AG
quote:
Glad you're OK!

This makes me want to get a dash cam as well. Can you imagine the ****storm if they had shot up your car and you shot back and killed one or both of them defending yourself?
These days, I don't think I'd want to live in any big city without a dash cam.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Did they stand in front of the car while shooting?

I'd think that would make them a good target for plowing over in self defense.
W/o dash cam the claim would be that you targeted while they were walking to school and they only shot in self defense.
NoNameAg
Good ole gang initiation makes it way to Uptown.
TAMU1990
AG
I'm glad you are ok
johnrth
I'm not going to lie that's effing terrifying to think about. These guys were obviously out there waiting to shoot someone or someone's car over this. Why else were they walking slowly in front of OPs car then did it again in front of an old lady? Especially in a upper class part of town that's more than likely predominantly white. You know they would've done it to ANYONE who would've honked at them or whatever. Thinking about the scenario of me with my family in the car and this happens they could have easily taken some child's parents away all because they're no good thugs thinking they can do it and get away with it because of this BLM bulls***.. This country is seriously going to crapper faster and faster everyday thanks to people in higher powers.
Sailor
quote:
quote:

Agree with you. Why is race a factor? I'll posit two reasons:

1. Democratic policies that undermine the black populace family unit that started in the 60's under LBJ. In effect, those policies keep blacks enslaved.
2. Obama plays to race-bating, divisive politics.

This is as bad as I can remember things being, and that includes when blacks were integrated into predominately white schools.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Time to move to Frisco.
we are going to build a wall
Eliminatus
AG
I have been on the fence about getting a decent dash cam. I think the OP might have just pushed me over that fence.

No I dont expect this stuff to happen to me. But thinking it CAN'T happen is so damn naive.

Having dash cam footage could help protect me in court and if I am killed can help catch those that did it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.