Way to go Anglicans. Jesus is now Transgender

2,174 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AGC
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Major Christian University Says Jesus Had a 'Trans-Body' RedState
Captain Pablo
AG
Captain Pablo
AG
Cambridge dean defends sermon that claimed Jesus had 'trans body' | KECI (nbcmontana.com)
Captain Pablo
AG
Cambridge professor says it's 'legitimate' to believe Jesus had a 'trans body' | Washington Examiner
Rocag
AG
So if you follow it down the rabbit hole trying to figure out what the guy actually said it sounds as though he was giving a talk about artistic traditions and depictions of Jesus. I'm not sure he was actually arguing that Jesus was transgender, although that statement is certainly the more attention grabbing headline.
Captain Pablo
AG
Rocag said:

So if you follow it down the rabbit hole trying to figure out what the guy actually said it sounds as though he was giving a talk about artistic traditions and depictions of Jesus. I'm not sure he was actually arguing that Jesus was transgender, although that statement is certainly the more attention grabbing headline.
Rabbit hole. Yeah, I'm sure that's all there is to it
AGC
AG
The Anglican Church in England is toast.
Captain Pablo
AG
AGC said:

Only took what, 500 years?

lol
dead
AG
Do you disagree with Rocag?
Captain Pablo
AG
dead said:

Yep. I think the artist was suggesting the possibility, at least according to some artistic interpretations

why? you don't think so?

I mean, the preacher said the art depicts Christ as a trans body

what's your take?
Captain Pablo
AG
dead said:

"In Christ's simultaneously masculine and feminine body in these works, if the body of Christ [is] as these works suggest the body of all bodies, then his body is also the trans body," Heath said, as quoted by the outlet.

What is your take on that?
dead
AG
So you do agree with Rocag?

I'm not educated enough (at all) to have a meaningful opinion on the topic of interpreting 15th century Christian art.
nortex97
AG
AGC said:

At this point it is closer to penicillin than toast.
AGC
AG
nortex97 said:

AGC said:

At this point it is closer to penicillin than toast.

Nah, just burned white bread.

It is abundantly clear it will split with African and Asian congregants leading the way (like the Methodist church) while the old wypipo try to colonize their orthodoxy.
Captain Pablo
AG
Rocag said:

Yeah I don't agree with that

He wasn't saying, affirmatively and with certainty that Jesus is transgender

He was basically saying that if those art works were accurate, then Jesus' body was "trans body", ie was man and woman, or was man, and became man and woman (the wound)

And the Dean backed him up

It was way more than just "hey look at these paintings"
Captain Pablo
AG
dead said:

So you do agree with Rocag?

I'm not educated enough (at all) to have a meaningful opinion on the topic of interpreting 15th century Christian art.

No
Rocag
AG
Were you able to find the full quote with context or are you relying on the small section of it quoted in the Daily Mail (which isn't exactly the most respected or unbiased source around)?
NowhereMan
It is a sad pathetic church that was once great
mesocosm
AG
meh. Saying that Jesus was trans is certainly more credible than saying he died and was resurrected
dermdoc
AG
mesocosm said:

meh. Saying that Jesus was trans is certainly more credible than saying he died and was resurrected

So people died and wrote books because of Jesus's death and resurrection?

And nobody ever wrote anything about Jesus being transgender?

Completely illogical
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dead
AG
dermdoc said:

mesocosm said:

So people died and wrote books because of Jesus's death and resurrection?

And nobody ever wrote anything about Jesus being transgender?

Completely illogical
You've searched all of the works written in the history of humanity and can confirm no one ever wrote about Jesus being transgender?
dermdoc
AG
Maybe's it is me but I would think it would have surfaced before.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sb1540
TrailerTrash said:

It was a never a great church. Heretical from the beginning.
Sb1540
mesocosm said:

Lol what a stupid take. Forests of literature for centuries on Christ's resurrection and the modern western man comes in with him being trans as more credible.
AGC
AG
Orthodox Texan said:

TrailerTrash said:

It was a never a great church. Heretical from the beginning.

Really? The one already existing when Augustine of Rome showed up (well before Henry)? Please tell me more about their early heresies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.