Why do you think our sexual organs are lined up with our excretory organs?

3,889 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BlackGoldAg2011
Robert L. Peters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why would God, the universe, nature or whatever figure it out this way?

One serious and one funny answer

Howdy Dammit
AG
So you really gotta love someone to procreate.
UTExan
God was a designing genius. Can you imagine the digestive tract and excretory organs lined up with our mouths? That would really kill the appetite and complicate dental care.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Sapper Redux
They evolved from the same thing. Look up a cloaca. Placental mammals are virtually the only exception.
Martin Q. Blank
Most profanity has to do with one or the other too.
Sapper Redux
In English. Our swearing is rather rudimentary compared to others.
Ornithopter
AG
Only a civil engineer would put a wastewater treatment plant next to an amusement park.
BrazosDog02
AG
It's just good plumbing design. You always put the kitchen on the same wall as the bathroom. The Great Architect of the Universe ain't no fool.
kurt vonnegut
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

It's just good plumbing design. You always put the kitchen on the same wall as the bathroom. The Great Architect of the Universe ain't no fool.

Does the potable water in your kitchen flow through the same pipes as the sanitary sewer lines from the bathroom?
PabloSerna
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Does the potable water in your kitchen flow through the same pipes as the sanitary sewer lines from the bathroom?
This is the improvement God has done above man's limits. But, wouldn't that be something if we had a plumbing system that mirrored our digestive system? Talk about green building!

kurt vonnegut
AG
PabloSerna said:

kurt vonnegut said:

BrazosDog02 said:

This is the improvement God has done above man's limits. But, wouldn't that be something if we had a plumbing system that mirrored our digestive system? Talk about green building!

I'm not sure why we would consider this improvement. The reason why your drinking water does not share piping with your sanitary system at your house is because that is disgusting and a great way to contaminate your water supply and make yourself sick. A potential reason to further separate body parts used in sex and excretion is the risk of urinary tract infections.

. . . . As 'brilliant' as the human body is, surely we have to admit that it is not flawless or ideal. Our spines evolved with animals of 4 legs and results in pressure for us now on two legs. We have backward retinas and a blind spot in our eyes. The pathway of the recurrent laryngeal nerve should be an easy one (especially when you look at a giraffe). Our teeth are a disaster and most people need significant and recurring surgical efforts to keep them healthy and reasonably straight. Babies are born underdeveloped and through a far too narrow birth canal. No other animal endures when humans endure during birth.

Also - the green building industry is just as focused on improving the quality of life and sanitation of a building as it is focused on reducing material usage and energy / water efficiency. Getting your drinking water through $%#$ pipes is not a green building tactic.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

Can you imagine the digestive tract and excretory organs lined up with our mouths?
Yea, it's called a politician.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Ferg
gravity.
Charles Hickson Knows
I think the truth about much of our origins would be very disturbing for many. Enough to go to great lengths to keep it covered up.
waco_aggie05
AG
I mean, urine is sterile, so its not complete sewage, unlike your anus. In technical terms I think most would agree the anus is not a sexual organ.

In terms of child birth, as a Christian isn't that a consequence of the fall of man? That child bearing would be painful?
kurt vonnegut
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

I mean, urine is sterile,

I'll defer to those smarter than me, but everything I can find says otherwise.
ApolloAg
Gravity, basically.

And no, that does not mean it's okay to ask your wife to do what you're thinking.
Sapper Redux
waco_aggie05 said:

I mean, urine is sterile, so its not complete sewage, unlike your anus. In technical terms I think most would agree the anus is not a sexual organ.

In terms of child birth, as a Christian isn't that a consequence of the fall of man? That child bearing would be painful?

It's a consequence of having a huge head and brain. We birth our young vastly underdeveloped and with far more complications than any other animal.
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
Sapper Redux said:

waco_aggie05 said:

It's a consequence of having a huge head and brain. We birth our young vastly underdeveloped and with far more complications than any other animal.

I have wondered about this. The only animal that I can think of off the top of my head who's babies are so underdeveloped is a dog? Born blind and can barely move for a few days? (Then again, I am not an animal expert, and can't think of the birth states of many other animals besides cows)
2%er/New Army
Charles Hickson Knows said:

I think the truth about much of our origins would be very disturbing for many. Enough to go to great lengths to keep it covered up.

We missed you Spyderman. Glad you're back.
Sapper Redux
Good Bull Jones 17 said:

Sapper Redux said:

waco_aggie05 said:

I have wondered about this. The only animal that I can think of off the top of my head who's babies are so underdeveloped is a dog? Born blind and can barely move for a few days? (Then again, I am not an animal expert, and can't think of the birth states of many other animals besides cows)

Underdeveloped young isn't that unusual. Think marsupials or hamsters in addition to dogs. Underdeveloped young taking years to develop any independence and danger to the mother during birth is unusual.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

waco_aggie05 said:

I mean, urine is sterile,

I'll defer to those smarter than me, but everything I can find says otherwise.
Patches O'Houlihan says it is.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.