Reformed church in B/CS?

1,847 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MeatDr
cvenag03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Freshman student currently living in Dallas taking classes through engineering academy. Will transition to CStat next fall. Are there any reformed Baptist/Presby church's in the B/CS area?
NowhereMan
I would encourage you to visit Holy Cross Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.

Word and Sacrament, Law and Gospel.

There is a PCA church but not on the same level. Luther started the reformation and you would feel very comfortable at Holy Cross.
AggieAdvisor16
AG
I think y'all are talking about a different reformation. Reformed in a Baptist context essentially means Calvinist. Not an expert on Lutherans, but I don't think these are close.
CrackerJackAg
AG
aragorn231 said:

Freshman student currently living in Dallas taking classes through engineering academy. Will transition to CStat next fall. Are there any reformed Baptist/Presby church's in the B/CS area?

Yuck
powerbelly
AG
TrailerTrash said:

I would encourage you to visit Holy Cross Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.

Word and Sacrament, Law and Gospel.

There is a PCA church but not on the same level. Luther started the reformation and you would feel very comfortable at Holy Cross.
Most reformed I know are not fans of us LCMS Lutherans.
jamesf
AG
There is Westminster Presbyterian Church near Bryan High School, as well as Redeemer Presbyterian Church in College Station (planted from WPC a few years ago). Also, I would encourage them to check out Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) at Texas A&M.
NowhereMan
Lutherans believe in election, salvation through faith and not works.
Lutherans hold a higher view of sacramental union regarding holy communion, Calvinist at best see spiritual presence at the host not physical which kind of flirts with the gnostics separation of material and spiritual world.

Lutherans do not try and sit in the jury box regarding election the way Hyper Calvinist do.
Calvinist tend to be more rational in explaining every mystery of the scripture, as they were battling the enlightenment in their early evangelism.

Reformed Baptist must deal with the conflict of condemning decisional regeneration while withholding the sacrament of baptism until an adult profession of faith, aka decision, is made.

As for Calvinist and Missouris Synod Lutheran dislikes, Modern Reformation's Michael Horton and his podcast the White Horse Inn have a long history of having a Missouri Synod perspective and host on the show and in the publication, with Presbyterians and Anglican views.

MeatDr
AG
Living Way Reformed Presbyterian in Bryan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.