Is Jeffrey Dahmer in heaven?

5,578 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dermdoc
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

ghandi has incredible PR. he was icky.

Agree. Christianity seems to be held to a different standard. A double standard.
As is the US.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
kurt vonnegut
AG
dermdoc said:

Fair enough.

What translation are you referring to?

Young's Literal translation does not have the word hell in it. And is believed to be one of the most accurate translations.

And a lot of Christian scholars believe that Christ was talking about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD when bodies were thrown into Gehenna. And there were worms.

And maybe my statement was too harsh but you sure seem tone fixated on the ECT concept of hel and coercion via fear by Christianity.

Have you been to a church lately? It is not like that at all.

It is like you are fixated on certain aspects of certain strains of Christianity.

And I apologize if what I said seemed too strong.

Im not aware of a translation that uses that term. Call it what you want, I am interested in the places described here. https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hell-bible-verses/

I don't think I have a fixation if the ECT he'll . . . It is simply the obvious example for the argument I'm making.
kurt vonnegut
AG
dermdoc said:

And may I ask if you believe in justice? And punishment for evil actions?

If man is born intrinsically good, why is there so much evil?

I don't believe in justice or punishment in a cosmic or eternal sense.

Man is not intrinsically good. We are all a mixture of 'good' and 'bad'.
kurt vonnegut
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

ghandi has incredible PR. he was icky.

I read that he used to sleep naked with his grand niece as a way to test himself and his vow of celibacy. That would qualify as icky in my book. For sake of my argument replace Ghandi with a non Christian that rejected Christianity that you think was a good person.
dermdoc
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

Fair enough.

What translation are you referring to?

Young's Literal translation does not have the word hell in it. And is believed to be one of the most accurate translations.

And a lot of Christian scholars believe that Christ was talking about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD when bodies were thrown into Gehenna. And there were worms.

And maybe my statement was too harsh but you sure seem tone fixated on the ECT concept of hel and coercion via fear by Christianity.

Have you been to a church lately? It is not like that at all.

It is like you are fixated on certain aspects of certain strains of Christianity.

And I apologize if what I said seemed too strong.

Im not aware of a translation that uses that term. Call it what you want, I am interested in the places described here. https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hell-bible-verses/

I don't think I have a fixation if the ECT he'll . . . It is simply the obvious example for the argument I'm making.

Actually it is not. Read Origen or St. Gregory.

Or Young's Literal Translation. Or David Bentley Hart's New Testament

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ro828
There is one, and only one, unforgivable sin. That is a sin that you have not asked forgiveness for.

dermdoc
AG
ro828 said:

There is one, and only one, unforgivable sin. That is a sin that you have not asked forgiveness for.

I personally think it is the rejection of the Holy Spirit, I.e. knowing of Christ and rejecting Him.
swimmerbabe11
well, I mean, that's why Judas is such a sad story. At least, I was always taught that it wasn't the actual betrayal that was so heinous, but his lack of belief that he could still have forgiveness..which resulted in his suicide. His guilt was what damned him.
dermdoc
AG
https://witness.lcms.org/2011/sin-against-the-holy-spirit-3-2011/
swimmerbabe11
funny enough, the biggest longest debate ever in my Bible Study group was about the subject of blasphemy, judas, and unforgivable sin... lasted an hour after the study was over and in the meantime, some dude was breaking in to one of my friend's trucks and stealing his gun.

we forgave the thief.
dermdoc
AG
That is funny. And I think we are basically saying the same thing in different words.

Losing the faith in forgiveness of any sin, no matter how great, blasphemes the power of the Holy Spirit in my opinion.
dermdoc
AG
And I can not imagine how terrible it would be to believe you could not be forgiven. That would be "hell".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.