Living as a Catholic Citizen

12,418 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Banned
PabloSerna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Answer remains (military reference).

The Banned
Maybe you will add more later, but when the trads reference weaponized ambiguity, this is what I assume they mean. Why won't you simply give an answer?
PabloSerna
AG
A very detailed answer in the thread about Pope Francis. Remote Material Cooperation.

ETA: In case someone is not reading through every post, here is a highlight that some on here are accusing me of dodging:

Something along the lines of, Pablo do you support legislation restricting a person's (maybe women) access to abortion? I answered that I do not oppose such efforts because I firmly believe that no one group or person has a monopoly on the mission. This is a very Dominican response and is a direct quote from the former Master of the Order in his book, Sing A New Song. I go on to point out that my fear for people who are hyper-focused on this aspect alone, is that once this goes back to the states (Dobson decision) there will be some states that enshrine forever - the right to abortion as a so-called reproductive right.

This is already happening in California. So we have shifted away from "why" abortion is not the will of God to "human right" - same mindset as birth control. My hope is that we value life at all stages and every margin and that we stop thinking of abortion as an answer much less a right.

Please read every word.
The Banned
PabloSerna said:

A very detailed answer in the thread about Pope Francis. Remote Material Cooperation.

ETA: In case someone is not reading through every post, here is a highlight that some on here are accusing me of dodging:

Something along the lines of, Pablo do you support legislation restricting a person's (maybe women) access to abortion? I answered that I do not oppose such efforts because I firmly believe that no one group or person has a monopoly on the mission. This is a very Dominican response and is a direct quote from the former Master of the Order in his book, Sing A New Song. I go on to point out that my fear for people who are hyper-focused on this aspect alone, is that once this goes back to the states (Dobson decision) there will be some states that enshrine forever - the right to abortion as a so-called reproductive right.

This is already happening in California. So we have shifted away from "why" abortion is not the will of God to "human right" - same mindset as birth control. My hope is that we value life at all stages and every margin and that we stop thinking of abortion as an answer much less a right.

Please read every word.

Please read every word of my prior posts, or this summary. Either one works. Here it goes again:: what about the democrat platform is helping to reduce the situations that lead people to seek abortions? What are they doing to promote marriage? What are they doing to promote life begins at conception? What are they doing to promote the reality that sex and babies are inseparable? What is it about their world view that is going to change hearts?

Republicans may be the embodiment of single minded here, but by in all testable areas of catholic sexual ethics, democrats are the firmly opposed to Church teaching. That is the set of questions I've asked several times now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.