Question for Catholics: Pontifical Academy for Life

1,122 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PabloSerna
RAB91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have heard of this organization, but my knowledge is somewhat limited on it. Any idea why a pro-abortion atheist would be selected by Pope Francis?

jrico2727
AG
I am not sure, but perhaps the answer is somewhere between the listening church and God of surprises, his holiness speaks of.
newbie11
RAB91 said:

I have heard of this organization, but my knowledge is somewhat limited on it. Any idea why a pro-abortion atheist would be selected by Pope Francis?

Makes zero sense. You want to be represented by non believers….you reap what you sow.
powerbelly
AG
I think there is value in having dissenting views when the church is forming a response to modern bioethics issues.

Obviously, you don't want this person guiding the policy but it is constructive in building a strong argument that is persuasive to those who aren't just going to accept what the church says on these issues.

My main issue would be that she is an economist focused on innovation. Not sure what value that brings.
Silian Rail
Unfortunately, it is very important for the current Church leadership that the Church be shown to be open and accepting of viewpoints from all over the spectrum.
PabloSerna
AG
I think it's more about her expertise in economics that explains her appointment. They released a statement saying as much, not to mention that you don't have to be Catholic. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this group.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.