Paul knocked off his high horse.

4,358 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by codker92
codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BluHorseShu said:

codker92 said:

Zobel said:

More plagiarism

https://nakedbiblepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/NB-386-Transcript.pdf

That's public domain
I think his point was that if you at least site where you got the info, it helps 1) support your posits and allows people to assess the authority's interpretation; and 2) let's people know whether these are your own words or not. Scripture itself isn't ambiguous, only peoples interpretations

I don't think you understand what plagiarism is…
codker92
AG
nortex97 said:

codker92 said:

nortex97 said:

Umm, I'm not willing to accept that a book possibly written originally by a jew, in greek, in 200BC, that is non-biblical, was essentially lost for centuries, and was revised in the (500's or so?) to be christianized, is the origin for the euphemism, or that the author had divine insight into Paul's equine steed, but I don't care if others do think this.

Once again, there would be no historical, or textual reason to believe a horse was involved in this narrative of one event told in different places.

The entire Bible was written by Jews…

Sighs…
I mean, sure (Luke-Acts, Revelation, maybe John, Job wasn't jewish, perhaps stuff between Geneses and Abraham, but whatever, no need to nitpick), but not much was written about Paul, in Greek by a jew, in 200BC, right? Again it's sort of of odd that this saying, from a lost/obscure maybe-BC source, references/prophesies a horse that…isn't needed/referenced in the biblical tale. Why do you want that to be true?

The so-called "Five Books of Moses" were written by Persian-Babylonians, which is why the Egyptians are so badly slandered. The same goes for Isaiah, Ezra, Nehemiah, Kings, and Chronicles. Those authors were not Judahites they can be called Jews largely because they defined the Jewish religion.

The books most clearly authored by Jews are Maccabees 1 & 2, though excluded from the Christian canon, largely.

Apparently the writers of Acts thought to book was important enough to read because they allude to its contents.
Thaddeus73
AG
Paul is the fulfillment of "The people in darkness have seen a great light..."
codker92
AG
Thaddeus73 said:

Paul is the fulfillment of "The people in darkness have seen a great light..."
I would like to direct your attention to the people who were trust into darkness mentioned a few verses earlier

(Isaiah 8) Behold, I and zthe children whom the LORD has given me are signs and portents in Israel from the LORD of hosts, who dwells on Mount Zion. 19 And when they say to you, "Inquire of the amediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter," should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of bthe dead on behalf of the living? 20 cTo the teaching and to the testimony! If they will not speak according to this word, it is because they have no ddawn. 21 They will pass through the land,8 greatly distressed and hungry. And when they are hungry, they will be enraged and will speak contemptuously against9 their king and their God, and turn their faces upward. 22 eAnd they will look to the earth, but behold, distress and darkness, the gloom of anguish. And they will be thrust into fthick darkness.

Isaiah 8 is referring to those who ignore the Word of God and who chase after mediums and necromances. Who inquire of the dead on behalf of the living. That is, those who inquire of the dead and who look to the earth are in darkness. Yet...

(Isaiah 9)
The people who walked in darkness
have seen a great light;
those who dwelt in a land of ldeep darkness,
on them has light shone.
3 You have multiplied the nation;
you have increased its joy;
they rejoice before you
as with joy at the harvest,
as they are glad when they divide the spoil.
4 For the yoke of his burden,
and the staff for his shoulder,
the rod of his oppressor,
you have broken as son the day of Midian.
5 For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult
and every garment rolled in blood
will be burned as fuel for the fire.
6 For to us a child is born,
to us va son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Thus, the people who walked in darkness is not referring to Paul... but the nation of Israel who turned their back on God.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.