NASA turns to religious scholars to prepare humanity for alien contact

1,711 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Spyderman
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/nasa-turns-to-religious-scholars-to-prepare-humanity-for-alien-contact-53110

'twas it just a weather balloon

perhaps not?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
ramblin_ag02
AG
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-460963967383

Quote:

NASA hasn't hired theologians to study reaction to alien life

I remember being very sad reading your story. Because if I can't theologically discuss aliens for NASA my whole life has been a failure

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Spyderman
AG

How does the reality effect religions?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Spyderman
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-460963967383

Quote:

NASA hasn't hired theologians to study reaction to alien life

I remember being very sad reading your story. Because if I can't theologically discuss aliens for NASA my whole life has been a failure

The lies and deception are the sad thing.

The greater good?
UTExan
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Rongagin71
AG
UTExan
???
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Spyderman
AG
UTExan said:

???

Indeed. How else would you classify extraterrestrial and or interdimensional beings?

The greater good?
PA24
AG

UAE attacked and retaliated with Saudi against the Houthi, a Yemen terrorist group sponsored by Iran.
This could get real ugly fast as Iran continues to strike at the friends of Israel. If you recall, UAE was one of the countries that signed the Abraham Accords during Trump's term.

Having lived in Abu Dhabi in 2012, this is quite the shocker as this part of the world was considered hands off due to everyone both good and bad doing business there.

Dubai in my humble opinion is the new Babylon as written about in Revelations (KJV).

UTExan
Well, they are a world wealth center sited near the old Babylon where the souls of men are traded (Gulf countries' abuse and maltreatment of foreign workers is well known). We simply don't know the numbers for human trafficking with veracity for the region. One wonders, if the US were to fragment, if the region with its tremendous capital would become the new Babylon.
Spyderman
AG
Does the reality of et confirm the major religions, or expose them?

The greater good?
UTExan
Confirm some, expose others. Those exposed will go to extraordinary lengths to flip their theology to accommodate the aliens and ally with them. The litmus tests is whether the "aliens" confess that Jesus is God's Son come in the flesh and that He is the way to salvation. If they offer another way to salvation or deny the Lordship of Jesus, then be warned.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I wouldn't get hung up on a name. Jesus' own mother wouldn't immediately recognize the name "Jesus Christ". If these hypothetical aliens come preaching selfless love, equal justice and fellowship, then they are from God. If they come with hatred and greed then they are not of Him. Or maybe they're like us, a mixed bag
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Oh man, I think it'd be hilarious to watch NASA management try to system engineer a religious explanation document together.

Avionics gets angelology because it has wings. Electrical engineering gets the Holy Spirit because it's felt but not seen.
Mechanical team gets Genesis because duh they get to explain design to someone
Morton Thikol is in charge of intercessanary prayer because of their terrible design choices and it's consequences.
A random manufacturing group out in California gets to explain the New Testament because the California Senators vote was required to get this budget passed.
Houston management is in charge of putting it all together. Upon launch they realize half of it cites the New King James Version, the other half is the NIV.
Quad Dog
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Oh man, I think it'd be hilarious to watch NASA management try to system engineer a religious explanation document together.

Avionics gets angelology because it has wings. Electrical engineering gets the Holy Spirit because it's felt but not seen.
Mechanical team gets Genesis because duh they get to explain design to someone
Morton Thikol is in charge of intercessanary prayer because of their terrible design choices and it's consequences.
A random manufacturing group out in California gets to explain the New Testament because the California Senators vote was required to get this budget passed.
Houston management is in charge of putting it all together. Upon launch they realize half of it cites the New King James Version, the other half is the NIV.
You forgot that it will be years behind schedule and millions over budget.
one MEEN Ag
AG
I thought that was a little too easy and I couldn't think of a whole biblical category that easily represents being behind budget and time.
UTExan
"If these hypothetical aliens come preaching selfless love, equal justice and fellowship, then they are from God."

No. Anybody can preach that.

Galatians 1:8-
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

John 14:6

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 3:5:

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit."
BusterAg
AG
Spyderman said:

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/nasa-turns-to-religious-scholars-to-prepare-humanity-for-alien-contact-53110

'twas it just a weather balloon

perhaps not?

Not even 15 is safe from the spyderman bat signal.
Spyderman
AG
UTExan said:

Confirm some, expose others. Those exposed will go to extraordinary lengths to flip their theology to accommodate the aliens and ally with them. The litmus tests is whether the "aliens" confess that Jesus is God's Son come in the flesh and that He is the way to salvation. If they offer another way to salvation or deny the Lordship of Jesus, then be warned.
This reality goes beyond salvation. I hear what you are saying. 5 yrs ago I would have said same.

The reality confirms (they installed much of it) and exposes it.

The greater good?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.