Man constantly surrounded by women

4,156 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ifeelold said:

This might be the first example in human history where CrossFit is the answer.
That is a wild and unsubstantiated conclusion to jump to.
Malibu
Male loneliness and isolation is a huge issue. Women, for whatever reason, are just better at creating community. The pandemic has made this far worse. I created a biweekly poker night and now have 10-12 regulars. I love poker but that's sort of besides the point, hanging out is the point. Find something and invite people. I don't exactly ooze charisma in the real world but neither does anyone else. Most men, including myself, were just glad to get invited to something to get them out of house and hanging out with other people.
AGC
AG
Malibu2 said:

Male loneliness and isolation is a huge issue. Women, for whatever reason, are just better at creating community. The pandemic has made this far worse. I created a biweekly poker night and now have 10-12 regulars. I love poker but that's sort of besides the point, hanging out is the point. Find something and invite people. I don't exactly ooze charisma in the real world but neither does anyone else. Most men, including myself, were just glad to get invited to something to get them out of house and hanging out with other people.

This is the way. Sucks to have to pursue friendships all the time but you'll be far healthier for it. Most guys in my neighborhood sit on their butts on Saturday nights but if I invite them everyone shows up with liquor to share.
diehard03
Quote:

Women, for whatever reason, are just better at creating community.

it's a matter of perspective. More social people will make more time for social things and seek it out. Less social people will not.

I think its more common to believe that women like to get together to socialize, but men do just as much. We just don't call that. We call it "getting a beer", "watching the game", etc.
Malibu
diehard03 said:

Quote:

it's a matter of perspective. More social people will make more time for social things and seek it out. Less social people will not.

I think its more common to believe that women like to get together to socialize, but men do just as much. We just don't call that. We call it "getting a beer", "watching the game", etc.

What I meant was that women are better at initiating social situations than men, not that they like it any more or less. Perhaps it's just the women I have in my life skew my perspective, but I've generally found this to be true.
diehard03
Quote:

What I meant was that women are better at initiating social situations than men, not that they like it any more or less. Perhaps it's just the women I have in my life skew my perspective, but I've generally found this to be true.

All we have is our perspectives.

it's my experience that women seem to make it a "thing" more...like scheduling events and putting things on a calendar. Men seem to do things ad hoc or create events on the fly as the idea comes to them (ie, "oh the cowboys are on SNF tonight, come on over and watch it", rather than looking at a schedule and putting something on the calendar a week in advance)

But, i do have several planners in my family.
PacifistAg
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Honestly, I think one factor is that women are seem much more open to being intimate and vulnerable with other women. That intimacy and vulnerability helps create community.
OnlyForNow
AG
Any men should really go look into F3.

It is a workout group for men only, but part of it is 100% specifically designed to give men a community of fellowship - not necessarily Christian fellowship but faith and fellowship (along with fitness).

I started in May of last year after losing my boss to brain cancer and it's been amazing for me.
BusterAg
AG
Breathing the hormones of the people you live with is a real thing.

Couvade syndrome in males. Girls cycles synching up.

Get some air.
94chem
Following, because I think we all want to know the answer to the age-old question: if my boy dog doesn't have nuts, do I still need male companionship?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.