Man constantly surrounded by women

4,139 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So. As a father of only females and working in a totally female business setting, I've realized that for the last 1.5 years I have spent the vast majority of my time surrounded by women. I have male friends but they live a distance from me that doesn't really allow for much interaction. Sure we've gone on a man trip every now and again, but it's 99.99.% female interaction in my life. The only male I have in my daily life is my dog, and he's cut.

I started wondering if this can have an effect on my psyche and/or my biology. Obviously we aren't deer, but if I want big bucks, I cull the doe. Less doe means more competition and the bucks will be more masculine. Think of Scar in lion king - he had no competitor and could laze around (although we suspect there were other issues at hand with him).

Thoughts on this? I'm thinking I need some daily masculine interactions. Maybe some combat sport or something like that. Thoughts if this is bunk or you really think such lifestyles have an effect. I believe in this stuff.
Quad Dog
AG
Maybe instead you should think of all of the benefits of interacting mainly with women has over a completely masculine environment.
Sapper Redux
I'm sorry, but what physiological principles are you operating from? And what exactly are you losing? It's fine you want more interaction with guys because you're missing that, but it's not changing anything biologically.
Aggrad08
AG
It's good to have both. Too much of either and you miss out on perspectives and activities.

You won't suddenly stop producing testosterone by hanging with women or anything like that though.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Aggrad08 said:

It's good to have both. Too much of either and you miss out on perspectives and activities.

That's what I was thinking. We need balance.

I most certainly think it can have biological impact. Higher male to female ratio absolutely makes more competition and the body adjusts. Do you think this is absent from mankind because there is something different in us than regular animals?
nortex97
AG
LOL, this made me laugh. Well done.

You'll get some interesting responses on this forum, I bet.
PabloSerna
AG
Try looking into family at church. God gives us many 'brothers' and 'fathers' over the course of our life - maybe now is your time to join the Knights of Columbus or some similar men's group?

craigernaught
AG
"I want to hang out with guys" is officially the weirdest thread topic of the new year.

There are guys everywhere. Just walk outside.
Aggrad08
AG
Jay Reimenschneider said:

Aggrad08 said:

I most certainly think it can have biological impact. Higher male to female ratio absolutely makes more competition and the body adjusts. Do you think this is absent from mankind because there is something different in us than regular animals?

I don't think it's as simple as that, sure for animals that are mostly solitary males that compete mate and go there own way that makes sense.

But it's not like the leaders of a lion pride are at a disadvantage due to lower testosterone by being a one of a couple lions amongst females and Cubs.

The other males tend to live amongst only males and might one day try to kill off some pride leaders murder the Cubs and a few females and start over.

Also we aren't deer or lions and I'm not familiar with any evidence of such things happening with us. Particularly when you are a defecto leader of your own brood that consists of one possible mate and offspring.

If we were to look at the animal kingdom I'd think the great apes would be the place to start.

You should hang with dudes, have some cigars and beer watch sports and be free of some of the emotional complexities of being around women.

But I doubt your body will see them as secret mating threats and prepare you with excessive testosterone for combat.
Sapper Redux
Yeah, we aren't competing with each other for harems of females that then go off and rear kids on their own. If we evolved for that, then you would see physiological changes depending on mate availability. Our closest relatives don't change depending on the sex around them, and silverback gorillas stay exclusively with a troop of females.
jrico2727
AG
PabloSerna said:

Try looking into family at church. God gives us many 'brothers' and 'fathers' over the course of our life - maybe now is your time to join the Knights of Columbus or some similar men's group?

Find a group to do Exodus 90 with. Cold showers and Holy Hours will build you up.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Hood luck hanging with dudes. It's hard to make friends after a certain age. I have dude friends, but they aren't near me. I have male acquaintances, but with kids and obligations it's difficult .
PacifistAg
AG
Have you considered therapy? That may help address some of these issues you're struggling with.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
I wouldn't say that anything overly negative is going on. I was mainly trying to have a philosophical type discussion. And seeking some thights
gggmann
AG

Aggrad08 said:

China should have the most masculine men in the world as a result of the one child policy.
Frok
AG

I wouldn't say that anything overly negative is going on. I was mainly trying to have a philosophical type discussion. And seeking some thights

We're men
We're men in tights
We roam around the forest looking for fights!

nortex97
AG
jrico2727 said:

PabloSerna said:

Find a group to do Exodus 90 with. Cold showers and Holy Hours will build you up.
There have been a few movies somewhat similar to perhaps what OP is going through.

Hope you make it OP, some have feared such a life since Homer's time.
747Ag
AG

So. As a father of only females and working in a totally female business setting, I've realized that for the last 1.5 years I have spent the vast majority of my time surrounded by women. I have male friends but they live a distance from me that doesn't really allow for much interaction. Sure we've gone on a man trip every now and again, but it's 99.99.% female interaction in my life. The only male I have in my daily life is my dog, and he's cut.

I started wondering if this can have an effect on my psyche and/or my biology. Obviously we aren't deer, but if I want big bucks, I cull the doe. Less doe means more competition and the bucks will be more masculine. Think of Scar in lion king - he had no competitor and could laze around (although we suspect there were other issues at hand with him).

Thoughts on this? I'm thinking I need some daily masculine interactions. Maybe some combat sport or something like that. Thoughts if this is bunk or you really think such lifestyles have an effect. I believe in this stuff.
...blessed are you among women...
Sapper Redux
nortex97 said:

jrico2727 said:

PabloSerna said:

There have been a few movies somewhat similar to perhaps what OP is going through.

Hope you make it OP, some have feared such a life since Homer's time.

I wouldn't take the Greeks as a good example of healthy gender relationships.
diehard03
Quote:

I started wondering if this can have an effect on my psyche

Yes. You have probably subconsciously adapted to your environment, which is what you're supposed to do. Hanging out with guys might be a little strange starting out.

Quote:

and/or my biology.

As others have more eloquently put it, no.
747Ag
AG
747Ag said:

...blessed are you among women...
DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE MY PAPISTS AT?!!!?!!?!???!
nortex97
AG
LOL, no where did I intend to cite them as such an ideal.

I Sold DeSantis Lifts
This turned into a fun thread! I got some good jiujitsu (would say bjj, but that would be asking for it on this thread) in tonight! Feel like a champ. Time for a bowl and the championship game!!
OnlyForNow
AG
Where are you located Jay?

Sounds like you need F3.

Look up F3nation.com
94chem
OP,

Maybe you're just tired of the elementary school teacher salary.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Goodbull_19
AG

This turned into a fun thread! I got some good jiujitsu (would say bjj, but that would be asking for it on this thread) in tonight! Feel like a champ. Time for a bowl and the championship game!!

Jay I feel like you've gotten some unfair responses. People acting like wanting to spend time with other men is irrational and weird. I think you're on to something. My FIL is in a similar situation. 4 daughters, no male friends he spends real time with until I came along, lol! I definitely think it's important for women and men both to have, preferably, a group, or at least one or two friends of their own sex.

Golf, bjj, etc all great hobbies to get into that can lead to great friendships/relationships with other men. Awesome idea.
Goodbull_19
AG
Quad Dog said:

Maybe instead you should think of all of the benefits of interacting mainly with women has over a completely masculine environment.

This seems to be an overreaction. OP didn't say, "all of my female interactions are ruining my life." Or "I regret only have daughters" he simply stated he believed he would benefit from more male interaction/friendship. To me, this comment suggested an uncalled for competitive nature between the sexes.
PacifistAg
AG
No, but he did compare it to "culling doe" and worried having so many women in his life would have a biological impact on him, so I don't think it's "uncalled for". He even pointed out the only "male in his life" is his dog, "but he's cut". As if being neutered impacts the "manhood" of his dog.

Tbh, it comes across as someone possibly dealing with insecurity. I could be completely wrong though, as I don't know him. It's just the way it reads.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
PacifistAg said:

No, but he did compare it to "culling doe" and worried having so many women in his life would have a biological impact on him, so I don't think it's "uncalled for". He even pointed out the only "male in his life" is his dog, "but he's cut". As if being neutered impacts the "manhood" of his dog.

Tbh, it comes across as someone possibly dealing with insecurity. I could be completely wrong though, as I don't know him. It's just the way it reads.

My personal security is fine. I'd go deeper into why im not insecure, but I'm sure such an attempt would likely backfire. That's how things go on the internet (see this thread).

While I put it in for a little lightheartedness, I find it a bit odd that you think that neutering an animal doesn't have biological impacts. Do you know why we have steers? Or geldings? Are you not aware that it can reduce aggression and other male characteristics? Are you not aware that the majority of testosterone is generated in the testes (some in adrenal glands)? Eunuchs often develop breasts.

I'm not even sure I needed to respond because it seems like you have some sort of axe to grind and was personally offended by my post on a "discussion" board.

Jeez.
12thMan9
AG
I had many thoughts when I 1st read OP, like is Jay a polygamist, or maybe David Koresh Jr., or maybe he needed advice on how to have a boy after having daughters(I have the book.), and some others.

After reading a few replies, I thought how easy it would be for him to take a PMS day, or weekend, or week if he knew things were aligned for such. That alone may heighten the search for male companionship.

If he is in fact "cut" like his dog, it lessens the worry of making love to his wife, daily. Assuming you're happily married, of course.

Finally, it led me to 1 great question of pondering that he may be able to get answered from the harem he surrounds himself with daily: Why is it that we can't go any tv program commercial, radio program commercial, E-mail spam, or pop-up ad on a website about either Erectile Dysfunction or ***** enlargement BUT nothing about vagina shrinking or ****oris relocation?
Ronnie '88
PacifistAg
AG

PacifistAg said:

My personal security is fine. I'd go deeper into why im not insecure, but I'm sure such an attempt would likely backfire. That's how things go on the internet (see this thread).

While I put it in for a little lightheartedness, I find it a bit odd that you think that neutering an animal doesn't have biological impacts. Do you know why we have steers? Or geldings? Are you not aware that it can reduce aggression and other male characteristics? Are you not aware that the majority of testosterone is generated in the testes (some in adrenal glands)? Eunuchs often develop breasts.

I'm not even sure I needed to respond because it seems like you have some sort of axe to grind and was personally offended by my post on a "discussion" board.

Jeez.

Did I say neutering doesn't have a biological impact. A man with a vasectomy isn't any less a man. A man who has testicular cancer and has to have them removed isn't any less a man.

I wasn't personally offended by your post. No need to get emotional. I simply gave my thoughts on the tone that came across in your post. Being around a lot of women won't affect your biology. If you want guy friends, then find a local church, go jump into a 4some at the golf course, or go do "combat" sports. There's nothing wrong with that. But talking about "culling doe" and acting like your dog being neutered means anything is just silly.

I mean, you posted on a discussion board. I discussed it. If you wanted to dictate how people responded, then simply set those parameters in your OP.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
ifeelold
This might be the first example in human history where CrossFit is the answer.
diehard03
Quote:

Jay I feel like you've gotten some unfair responses. People acting like wanting to spend time with other men is irrational and weird. I think you're on to something. My FIL is in a similar situation. 4 daughters, no male friends he spends real time with until I came along, lol! I definitely think it's important for women and men both to have, preferably, a group, or at least one or two friends of their own sex.

Golf, bjj, etc all great hobbies to get into that can lead to great friendships/relationships with other men. Awesome idea.

No, hes' gotten pretty fair responses. Every single male would understand if what you alluded to was all he posted. Everyone knows women are crazy (so are we, but dont tell them. We understand our own crazy) so it's understandable.

The part about wanting to be around other guys for the express reason of being more masculine is insane though...and that's why he got the responses he got.
JoCoAg09
AG
The answer is clear...they even made a movie about it.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.