Pastors pushing the Covid fear

5,951 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by diehard03
Sapper Redux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Martin Q. Blank said:

Sapper Redux said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Sapper Redux said:

Orthodox Christianity on this board comes off as the hipsters of Christendom.
Those on this board were orthodox before it was cool, though.

Holy ****, Martin made me laugh.
That's because you have no sense of humor.

You're so close.
Sb1540
Sapper Redux said:

Explaining church history will always offend people and yet the far majority of them have no idea about their own history or structure of belief. They just get mad because something they once heard was drilled into their head years ago and they never attempted to find out if it was true.
Quad Dog
AG
Orthodox Texan said:

Sapper Redux said:

Explaining church history will always offend people and yet the far majority of them have no idea about their own history or structure of belief. They just get mad because something they once heard was drilled into their head years ago and they never attempted to find out if it was true.

That statement applies to pretty much everyone on almost all topics.
Sapper Redux
Orthodox Texan said:

Sapper Redux said:

Just admit you wrote this in skinny jeans.
Wakesurfer817
Sapper Redux said:

The guy in skinny jeans (with obligatory holes in the knees) and Sketchers stood by himself and prayed: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people: robbers, evildoers, adulterers, or even like this Evangelical Protestant (wearing dad jeans and really, really old white New Balance sneakers).
Zobel
AG
Everyone who disagrees with me is a Pharisee!
swimmerbabe11
wait, skechers? Thank God I'm a Lutheran and kept clean from unholy footwear such as that.
Sb1540
Quad Dog said:

Orthodox Texan said:

Sapper Redux said:

That statement applies to pretty much everyone on almost all topics.
Ya welcome to the meaning crisis. Been in the making for at least 500 years.
Sb1540
Wakesurfer817 said:

Sapper Redux said:

The guy in skinny jeans (with obligatory holes in the knees) and Sketchers stood by himself and prayed: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people: robbers, evildoers, adulterers, or even like this Evangelical Protestant (wearing dad jeans and really, really old white New Balance sneakers).
Haha no that's definitely the evangelicals. Mark Driscoll comes to mind. "How dare youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"
ramblin_ag02
AG
Might be my own bias or limited experience, but I find converts of all stripes to be orders of magnitude more educated and informed about their faith than lifers. Doesn't matter if someone converts to atheism, another denomination, or another religion. You can find lifers that have really committed themselves to learning about their own faith, but it's a much smaller percentage than converts
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sb1540
ramblin_ag02 said:

Might be my own bias or limited experience, but I find converts of all stripes to be orders of magnitude more educated and informed about their faith than lifers. Doesn't matter if someone converts to atheism, another denomination, or another religion. You can find lifers that have really committed themselves to learning about their own faith, but it's a much smaller percentage than converts
Ya that seems to be the case with some former atheists at my parish. I'm not saying it's a requirement for Christians in general but if you start getting technical then ya you need to know history, philosophy, theology, worldviews, because without that you're pretty much clueless.

Imagine going to Baylor for theology and you learn almost nothing about the east outside of St. Basil's preaching style and a few historical events. You really start to understand that many people in positions of power here lack an immense amount of knowledge.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

Imagine going to Baylor
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ramblin_ag02
Wakesurfer817
Orthodox Texan said:

Wakesurfer817 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Haha no that's definitely the evangelicals. Mark Driscoll comes to mind. "How dare youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"
Touche
diehard03
Quote:

Sure, lifers never converted during the internet and information age.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.