Archangel Michael

1,832 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Redstone
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Less than 30 minutes long but a good study on angels, specifically Michael, the warrior.

Satan's mystery of iniquity is discussed, the morning star and his army.

nortex97
AG
That was pretty good, if a little tedious to go through. In reality, the exile prophets (Daniel etc) and end times/armageddon are not very well understood/defined biblically, especially to those of us who have not spent a lot of time on the old testament/midrashes etc.

Michael is one of those ineffable mysteries, perhaps partially revealed to the OT prophets, but unknowable to us today (although, from what I have read, I wouldn't be real thrilled to come face to face with any angels).
jrico2727
AG
I wouldn't say St Michael is unavailable. I know it is not your tradition but there is quite a bit on the prince of the angels in Catholic teaching. Also it is very possible to have a relationship with Michael and your own personal angel through personal devotion to them. This might be outside your comfort zone, but I personally find it comforting to think that the Angels have been part of the Church from the beginning and the part of the heavenly court that rejoices at the conversion of sinners here on earth.
nortex97
AG
I respect the take/doctrines you are referencing.
PabloSerna
AG
Saint Michael the Archangel is my confirmation patron saint!
PA24
AG
Angels are not mentioned much after the introduction of the Holy Spirit, the comforter for Christians.
jrico2727
AG
The Holy Spirit as the third person of the Blessed Trinity has always existed and certainly is present before the Angels which are a creation. Also the Holy Spirit is present through scripture since it was hovering over the waters at the beginning.
Redstone
AG
Angel is a job description - messenger. Not the only spiritual creation….

I recommend the books of Michael Heiser (Protestant, of which I am not).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.