Lordship Salvation Position

1,253 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Win At Life
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I recieve the free Grace of God by the responsible choice to accept him in my person and am empowered by the Holy Spirit to work his will of which he commands me out of love and loyalty. I am justified by my faith trusting in the grace of God, which is my security, as evidenced by works done in the holy spirit for which I am rewarded for my obedience.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23
File5
AG
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED said:

I recieve the free Grace of God by the responsible choice to accept him in my person and am empowered by the Holy Spirit to work his will of which he commands me out of love and loyalty. I am justified by my faith trusting in the grace of God, which is my security, as evidenced by works done in the holy spirit for which I am rewarded for my obedience.

I don't disagree, but did you really need to start another thread? The last one was almost identical...
DirtDiver

Quote:

Jesus is Lord. A person is Justified in God's eyes by faith in Jesus. Once a person believes in Jesus they SHOULD pursue, worship, abide, walk with, obey, follow Jesus for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately not all believers will do this. This does not mean they have lost their salvation or were never saved.

At the moment of justification Christ gives the Spirit, adopts, makes a new creation, redeems, removes the debt of all sin - even the future ones, and gives eternal life. He does not reverse these gifts.

One can be on death row with their hands and feet bound with minutes to live and place their faith in Jesus and be saved without any evidence of salvation.

All of this to say, God saves people through faith in Jesus by the work that He has done. He gets the credit, glory, and honor for redeeming broken sinners. In addition, believers do not maintain their salvation through obedience.
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
The man answered, I am what I was not once.

Christian: What were you once?

Man: The man said, I was once a fair and flourishing professor, both in mine own eyes, and also in the eyes of others I once was, as I thought, fair for the Celestial City, and had then even joy at the thoughts that I should get there.

Christian: Well, but what are you now?

Man: I am now a man of despair, and am shut up in this Iron Cage. I cannot get out; O, now I cannot.

Christian: But how did you come into this condition?

Man: I left off to watch, and be sober. I laid the reins upon the neck of my lusts. I sinned against the light of the Word and the goodness of God. I have grieved the Spirit, and He is gone. I tempted the devil, and he is come to me. I have provoked God to anger, and he has left me. I have so hardened my heart that I cannot repent.

Then said Christian to the Interpreter, But is there no hopes for such a man as this? Ask him, said the Interpreter.

Christian: Then said Christian, Is there no hope but you must be kept in the Iron Cage of Despair?

Man: No, none at all.

Christian: Why? The Son of the Blessed is very pitiful.

Man: I have crucified Him to myself afresh. I have despised His Person. I have despised His Righteousness. I have counted His Blood an unholy thing. I have done despite to the Spirit of Grace. Therefore I have shut myself out of all the promises, and there now remains to me nothing but threatenings, dreadful threatenings, fearful threatenings of certain judgment and fiery Indignation, which shall devour me as an adversary.

Christian: For what did you bring yourself into this condition?

Man: For the lusts, pleasures, and profits of this world; in the enjoyment of which, I did them promise myself much delight: But now every one of those things also bite me, and gnaw me, like a burning worm.

Christian But can you not now repent and turn?

Man: God has denied me repentance. His Word gives me no encouragement to believe; yea, Himself has shut me up in this Iron Cage. Nor can all the men in the world let me out. O Eternity! Eternity! How shall I grapple with the misery that I must meet with in Eternity!

Interpreter: Then said the Interpreter to Christian, Let this man's misery be remembered by you, and be an everlasting caution to you.

Christian: Well said Christian, this is fearful; God help me to watch and be sober, and to pray that I may shun the cause of this man's misery. Sir, is it not time for me to go on my way now?

Interpreter: Tarry till I shall show you one thing more, and you shall go on your way
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23
dermdoc
AG
I do not believe God ever denies true repentance.

And Pilgrim's Progress is not inspired scripture.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
dermdoc said:

And Pilgrim's is not inspired scripture.

Your position is an anti-Biblical one. Search for yourself with Google. More shall be revealed.
jrico2727
AG
Monsignor Google is my favorite theological source.
dermdoc
AG

dermdoc said:

Your position is an anti-Biblical one. Search for yourself with Google. More shall be revealed.

Prove it. And Hebrews does not say what you think it says.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
jrico2727 said:

Monsignor Google is my favorite theological source.

I don't know. I think Bishop Wikipedia is far more learned.
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
dermdoc said:

dermdoc said:

Looks like I kicked the ant bed. The old man that kicked the hornet's nest? I am preaching the Bible in the face of faulty doctine. What should be the matter?

My advice is to pray that the Holy Spirit remove the blinders from your eyes and accept the word of God. As if Hebrews is not justification enough, with the word interpreting itself, Hebrews is more than sufficient to kill your position-as it plainly does. I should ask you for your take because it would necessarily fly in the face of Apollos's words, which are inspired of the Holy Ghost no less.

The incredulity of your position dismisses the plain reading of the whole book of Hebrews. But I submit to you that I do not even need Hebrews to warrant the irrefutability of the Bible's plain position on grieving the holy spirit and losing Salvation for the inability to repent.

I will add that Calvinist traditions and most Baptist congregationalists will not accept the Bible's view on this matter. But for your sake, try.
Zobel
AG
Every Christian denomination preaches the Bible. They differ in their interpretation. S
PacifistAg
AG
Ignoring the insulting self-righteousness of your post, I cringe anytime I hear people talk of a "plain reading of Scripture". Plain reading of an ancient text written largely in 1st century Palestine, without knowing the original languages, and while relying on a 21st century understanding of the English language? That seems to be a stretch.
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
PacifistAg said:

Ignoring the insulting self-righteousness of your post, I cringe anytime I hear people talk of a "plain reading of Scripture". Plain reading of an ancient text written largely in 1st century Palestine, without knowing the original languages, and while relying on a 21st century understanding of the English language? That seems to be a stretch.

You can trust God's sovereignty to preserve an accurate translation of his holy word for English. It is the King James Bible. 17th century vernacular, but more reflective of the original textual sources. You must trust God preserves unto himself a people and his testimony to the benefit of our souls.

Zobel
AG
Good one
Ag_of_08
AG
Wondering who got banned on f16 and is trying to get out of posting restriction status.
dermdoc
AG

dermdoc said:

dermdoc said:

Looks like I kicked the ant bed. The old man that kicked the hornet's nest? I am preaching the Bible in the face of faulty doctine. What should be the matter?

My advice is to pray that the Holy Spirit remove the blinders from your eyes and accept the word of God. As if Hebrews is not justification enough, with the word interpreting itself, Hebrews is more than sufficient to kill your position-as it plainly does. I should ask you for your take because it would necessarily fly in the face of Apollos's words, which are inspired of the Holy Ghost no less.

The incredulity of your position dismisses the plain reading of the whole book of Hebrews. But I submit to you that I do not even need Hebrews to warrant the irrefutability of the Bible's plain position on grieving the holy spirit and losing Salvation for the inability to repent.

I will add that Calvinist traditions and most Baptist congregationalists will not accept the Bible's view on this matter. But for your sake, try.

We are brothers in Christ, saved and redeemed by the blood of Jesus. I refuse to let non salvific theological issues divide us.

God bless you.
dermdoc
AG
And Matthew 18:3 says that unless we change and become like the little children, we will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Little children do not worry about theological matters such as this.
dermdoc
AG
One more thought
MyBible reading this morning was from Ephesians 4
As a prisoner of the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all and in all.
Win At Life
AG

PacifistAg said:

You can trust God's sovereignty to preserve an accurate translation of his holy word for English. It is the King James Bible. 17th century vernacular, but more reflective of the original textual sources. You must trust God preserves unto himself a people and his testimony to the benefit of our souls.

Actually, the only truly god-inspired biblical translation is the Albanian Standard Version. I suggest you start learning Albanian, if you want to know the truth.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.