After 20 years of being an atheist, I came back to the lord

11,013 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
BAP Enthusiast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was a long and arduous journey for me. I fell away beginning in high school as I began partying and drinking becoming agnostic and then a full on atheist in college, which I remained for the better part of 16 years. As an engineer with a hard science background, I remained convinced of my position in life and of my disbelief. I felt I knew enough.

Beginning in 2014/2015, I began a long road back to Christianity. The reason for my conversion back to what I had been growing up? Politics. I began to notice far leftist behaviors in more than just internet websites and began seeing it spreading into the mainstream and more. Then I began to research why these things were being pushed and why the elites were pushing them so hard. The Satanic imagery and apparent belief of the elites in defiance of God convinced me that if that level of evil existed then there must also be a corresponding good side in the world. If the elites were so convinced of their position in defiance of God then this must mean Jesus was the representative of absolute good. The tyranny and push to indoctrinate kids from the left pushed me more and more until I could no longer ignore my own eyes.

It appears to be just in time for my family as well. We joined a Baptist church earlier in the year right before my wife's family began experiencing numerous issues including her grandfather dying, mom having long term covid issues, dad having surgery, and her grandmother having surgery with significant complications (may have sepsis now). I am absolutely convinced that without God bringing us back at just this right time that our relationship with everyone including each other would have suffered. I never really gave any serious consideration to the idea that God has a plan for us until this year. I am now convinced of it after all that has happened. He gave us the foundation to persevere through these trying times surrounded by genuine people who even have kids with similar issues that ours do.

I am not one to admit I was wrong often but I'll never forget my father telling me years ago that I would come back and to never say never. I know he prayed about it for years. Well he was absolutely right and I did.
File5
AG
What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing! I like the part where you deduce there must be a good to balance out the evil, I haven't thought about it that way as I normally start with the ideal and beautiful in my faith foundation. Looking forward to seeing how you and your family grow in faith and discipleship, the breakdown of the church at home is the source of so many ills in today's world. Your family will flourish with your renewed faith!
jrico2727
AG

dermdoc
AG
Made my day. Thanks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sapper Redux
I'm not sure it says anything good about our country and where it's going if political parties and religion are explicitly linked.
BAP Enthusiast
Sapper Redux said:

I'm not sure it says anything good about our country and where it's going if political parties and religion are explicitly linked.

Where did I say I liked the GOP? I don't. However, left wing and right wing are explicitly linked to religion now. The uniparty in DC is anti-religious and tends to dislike Christianity.
PacifistAg
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Sapper Redux said:

Where did I say I liked the GOP? I don't. However, left wing and right wing are explicitly linked to religion now. The uniparty in DC is anti-religious and tends to dislike Christianity.

I would say neither "right" or "left" are religious. I have friends in both camps who love Christ dearly. But the political aims are both right and left are inconsistent with the way of Christ, imo. Heck, I'm an anarchist and I love Christ dearly

And "indoctrination of children" is also something both engage in. The only difference is what's being indoctrinated.
Sapper Redux
BAP Enthusiast said:

Sapper Redux said:

Except they aren't. I know plenty of liberal Christians. The problem is the insertion of explicit religious beliefs into the state.
PacifistAg
AG
Btw, my apologies for commenting on the right/left issue. That's really not the point of the thread. Welcome back, brother!
AggieRain
AG
Great personal story! Check your rear view mirror. I'm on the same road...
dermdoc
AG
And nothing is better than the peace and joy we receive when we are in Christ Jesus.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rocag
AG
I guess it goes to show that there's more variety of points of view within agnosticism / atheism than I thought because even as someone with a very similar background (former Christian, engineer, etc.) I find myself absolutely baffled by your thought processes as stated here. Especially the political stuff.

But anyway, do what makes you happy I suppose.
craigernaught
AG
Quote:

I began to notice far leftist behaviors in more than just internet websites and began seeing it spreading into the mainstream and more.

What does this mean?
Quad Dog
AG
Quote:

Politics. I began to notice far leftist behaviors in more than just internet websites and began seeing it spreading into the mainstream and more. Then I began to research why these things were being pushed and why the elites were pushing them so hard. The Satanic imagery and apparent belief of the elites in defiance of God convinced me that if that level of evil existed then there must also be a corresponding good side in the world.
I'm a little curious on the specifics of satanic imagery you saw. And what you perceived to be evil.
Bird Poo
AG
PacifistAg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Sapper Redux said:

I would say neither "right" or "left" are religious. I have friends in both camps who love Christ dearly. But the political aims are both right and left are inconsistent with the way of Christ, imo. Heck, I'm an anarchist and I love Christ dearly

And "indoctrination of children" is also something both engage in. The only difference is what's being indoctrinated.

Totally disagree. There are anecdotal instances of atheists on the right, but to sit there and act like one both parties reject Christianity is just dishonest at best.

You are better than that.
Dilettante
Hey, devout Christian OP. What's BAP?
BAP Enthusiast
Quad Dog said:

Quote:

Politics. I began to notice far leftist behaviors in more than just internet websites and began seeing it spreading into the mainstream and more. Then I began to research why these things were being pushed and why the elites were pushing them so hard. The Satanic imagery and apparent belief of the elites in defiance of God convinced me that if that level of evil existed then there must also be a corresponding good side in the world.
I'm a little curious on the specifics of satanic imagery you saw. And what you perceived to be evil.

I'm about as far right as you can get and very socially conservative. Even during my libertarian live and let live days this aspect of my personal life never changed much. In 2015 or so I began digging into elite behaviors and where it all came from and who these people were because of the increasing push of cultural Marxism into all facets of our daily lives. Why did these people hate Western Culture, Christianity, and White people so much? These things don't happen in a vacuum and when I began looking I found my answers, which turned my worldview upside down.

Look into the originators of cultural Marxism and who continually pushes it now and you will find your answers. The satanic aspects came from the elite connection to Moloch and the myriad of info about elite pedo rings. This information was around well before Q so that had little to do with my views on the topic.
BAP Enthusiast
Dilettante said:

It's an acronym for a dissident right wing author who goes by the pseudonym Bronze Age Pervert that wrote the book Bronze Age Mindset. He's the creator of right wing bodybuilder culture and has been very influential among people in the far right.
BAP Enthusiast
Rocag said:

I guess it goes to show that there's more variety of points of view within agnosticism / atheism than I thought because even as someone with a very similar background (former Christian, engineer, etc.) I find myself absolutely baffled by your thought processes as stated here. Especially the political stuff.

But anyway, do what makes you happy I suppose.

I was a militant level atheist, but I never really left my social conservatism despite being a libertarian. Having kids in a world besieged by cultural Marxism had a profound impact on how I began to view and in turn, interact with the world.
Quad Dog
AG
Quote:

The satanic aspects came from the elite connection to Moloch and the myriad of info about elite pedo rings. This information was around well before Q so that had little to do with my views on the topic.

PacifistAg
AG
PearlJammin said:

PacifistAg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Sapper Redux said:

Totally disagree. There are anecdotal instances of atheists on the right, but to sit there and act like one both parties reject Christianity is just dishonest at best.

You are better than that.
I said nothing about parties. What I said is that the political aims of both right and left are inconsistent with the way of Christ, imo.
jrico2727
AG
Its true

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/texas-lawsuit

Suing the State for their "rite"

"The abortion ritual (1) requires an abortion; and (2) affirms her religious subscription to TST's Third and Fifth Tenets. But before Ms. Doe can get her abortionand therefore participate in the abortion ritualthe government has required that she get a sonogram… [ These ] requirements substantially interfere with Ms. Doe's religious beliefs and practices for two reasons. First, the requirements are a precondition to Ms. Doe's ability to participate in a religious ceremony. It is a substantial interference per se for the state to place a regulatory hurdleone that costs moneyin front of a religious exercise. The state might as well tax and regulate Mass."

This is who you are locking arms with if your pro-infanticide
PacifistAg
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Dilettante said:

It's an acronym for a dissident right wing author who goes by the pseudonym Bronze Age Pervert that wrote the book Bronze Age Mindset. He's the creator of right wing bodybuilder culture and has been very influential among people in the far right.
"Right wing bodybuilder culture"? That's a thing? Can't people just lift weights without it being about politics?
Quad Dog
AG
You need to go look into what the Satanic Temple actually believes. They do not believe in or worship Satan. The only people who believe in Satan are Christians.

The Satanic Temple is an organization that is nontheistic that uses Satanic imagery in satire of Christians to promote human rights and separation of church and state.
jrico2727
AG
Doesn't matter what they say, Satan is the prince of lies, He hates every one of them as much as he hates me. I just not cooperating with damnation of souls.

They'll all end up in the same place
kurt vonnegut
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Beginning in 2014/2015, I began a long road back to Christianity. The reason for my conversion back to what I had been growing up? Politics. I began to notice far leftist behaviors in more than just internet websites and began seeing it spreading into the mainstream and more. Then I began to research why these things were being pushed and why the elites were pushing them so hard. The Satanic imagery and apparent belief of the elites in defiance of God convinced me that if that level of evil existed then there must also be a corresponding good side in the world. If the elites were so convinced of their position in defiance of God then this must mean Jesus was the representative of absolute good. The tyranny and push to indoctrinate kids from the left pushed me more and more until I could no longer ignore my own eyes.

Insomuch as your religion has given you comfort and strength and all that, I say great. . . . but the above reads very (Hillary ran a pedophilic sex ring in a pizza restaurant basement)-y to me. Who are these elites?

Whatever good you see in God, I'm not so sure that same good exists in either political party. Both sides want power and simply pay lip service to different groups of people to obtain that power.
kurt vonnegut
AG
jrico2727 said:

Doesn't matter what they say, Satan isn't real. the prince of lies, He hates every one of them as much as he hates me. I just not cooperating with damnation of souls.

They'll all end up in the same place

FIFY
jrico2727
AG
Yes he is, I clearly saw his car yesterday.
Sapper Redux
PacifistAg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Dilettante said:

"Right wing bodybuilder culture"? That's a thing? Can't people just lift weights without it being about politics?

Oh yes. Look up the "Liftwaffe."
BAP Enthusiast
PacifistAg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Dilettante said:

I have honesty never met a serious weight lifter who did it purely for health reason that was a leftist to the point where I am convinced they don't exist. If you lift weights religiously, then it's a near guarantee you're going to be right wing politically.

Right wing bodybuilding culture is more accurately termed Esoteric Right Wing Bodybuilding Culture. Basically, men who pride themselves on masculinity, self improvement, physicality, general nutrition, and being well read. People always respect a man who is jacked more than they do a fat body or skinny guy so if you want people to listen to you then you better get into the gym and do more than cardio.
BAP Enthusiast
Quad Dog said:

You need to go look into what the Satanic Temple actually believes. They do not believe in or worship Satan. The only people who believe in Satan are Christians.

The Satanic Temple is an organization that is nontheistic that uses Satanic imagery in satire of Christians to promote human rights and separation of church and state.

There are two types of satanist. Atheist with rules types that you speak of and actual satanists who do blood rituals and sacrifice kids. Anyone involved with Moloch or the Order of the Nine Angles is going to be the latter type. These are the people I am talking about.
Quad Dog
AG
So far I've got Cultural Marxism, Satanism, and toxic masculinity. I only need aliens and incel to get a BINGO.
How's everyone else doing on their troll bingo?
BAP Enthusiast
kurt vonnegut said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Insomuch as your religion has given you comfort and strength and all that, I say great. . . . but the above reads very (Hillary ran a pedophilic sex ring in a pizza restaurant basement)-y to me. Who are these elites?

Whatever good you see in God, I'm not so sure that same good exists in either political party. Both sides want power and simply pay lip service to different groups of people to obtain that power.

To find out who rules over take a look at what you can't criticize without getting ruined. I won't mention who they are because that topic is verboten on this site.

I agree with you that good does not exist in either party. This is why I called them the uniparty. They exist by and for the elites. I do not like either party, at all. They want power yes, but they will always be puppets to the real power behind the scenes, which is global finance. Global finance, such as Blackrock and Vanguard control both the government and damn near every medium to large corporation.
UTExan
Great testimony! Now this is witnessing.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
craigernaught
AG
Yowzers.

What a world.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.