Lost Faith

1,892 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dermdoc
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Violate your childlike conscience with sexual impurity and drug usage and lose your faith. You lose the ability to repent with persistent willful sinning. Your mind takes the likeness of the sin and through your faculties of reason, sin justifies it's existence in your life. You must put to death the deeds of the flesh with the Holy Spirit's power available through faith and repentance.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23
dermdoc
AG
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED said:

Violate your childlike conscience with sexual impurity and drug usage and lose your faith. You lose the ability to repent with persistent willful sinning. Your mind takes the likeness of the sin and through your faculties of reason, sin justifies it's existence in your life. You must put to death the deeds of the flesh with the Holy Spirit's power available through faith and repentance.
God never gives up on us. No matter how low we go. His love is amazing and healing.

And all we have to do is accept it.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
You are teaching and living in such a way that contradicts the Bible that will not let you taste Heaven You must renounce your ways and preach the Bible to others. Easy salvation is the opiate of Pagans who want assurance of heaven while living like heathens, contrary to all things Biblical.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall. enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 9-10
9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:28
Furthermore, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

Hebrews 6: 4-6
4For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightenedthose who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come 6and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.

2 Peter 3:17
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability."

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, believers, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you [be sure that your behavior reflects and confirms your relationship with God]; for by doing these things [actively developing these virtues], you will never stumble [in your spiritual growth and will live a life that leads others away from sin];

Matthew 3:10
"Even now the axe lies at the
root of the trees. Therefore,
every tree that doesn't bring
forth good fruit is cut down,
and cast into the fire." -Jesus Christ

Matthew 24:13
"But the one who endures to the end will be saved" -Jesus Christ
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23
Joe Boudain
Wow
Joe Boudain
Wow
dermdoc
AG

You are teaching and living in such a way that contradicts the Bible that will not let you taste Heaven You must renounce your ways and preach the Bible to others. Easy salvation is the opiate of Pagans who want assurance of heaven while living like heathens, contrary to all things Biblical.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall. enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 9-10
9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:28
Furthermore, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

4For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightenedthose who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come 6and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.

2 Peter 3:17
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability."

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, believers, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you [be sure that your behavior reflects and confirms your relationship with God]; for by doing these things [actively developing these virtues], you will never stumble [in your spiritual growth and will live a life that leads others away from sin];

Matthew 3:10
"Even now the axe lies at the
root of the trees. Therefore,
every tree that doesn't bring
forth good fruit is cut down,
and cast into the fire." -Jesus Christ

Matthew 24:13
"But the one who endures to the end will be saved" -Jesus Christ

How do you know how I am living? And what teachings am I teaching that makes me ripe for eternal damnation by you?

Romans 8:1
Therefore, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. And fwiw, taught Sunday School for years. And Baptist Deacon chair twice. And am active in Bible study every Friday morning. Hundreds of hospital visits and prayers. I have preached the Bible with words and deeds for over fifty years. Calvinists call it perseverance of the saints.

You are only a man and can not judge me or my eternal destiny. Sorry bud.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG

And you know I agree with this and blue starred your post?
bpchas2
I don't think the OP understood the crux of dermdoc's original reply. It can be summed up as no matter how far you walk away from God, the return only requires one step.
PacifistAg
AG

Drug usage causes you to lose your faith? Which drugs exactly?
dermdoc
AG
bpchas2 said:

I don't think the OP understood the crux of dermdoc's original reply. It can be summed up as no matter how far you walk away from God, the return only requires one step.

I hope you are correct. And I would never post on an anonymous website condemning other Christians to hell. But that is me.
PacifistAg
AG
dermdoc said:

bpchas2 said:

I hope you are correct. And I would never post on an anonymous website condemning other Christians to hell. But that is me.

When this happens, should we play "guess their denomination"?
dermdoc
AG
PacifistAg said:

dermdoc said:

bpchas2 said:

When this happens, should we play "guess their denomination"?

Has nothing to do with denomination. All has to do with the heart.
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
Your reply suggested a popular heretical belief inconsistent with scriptures, that is, only an assent to "belief" without soul and life transformation in the midst and continuance of unrepentant sin in the old man leads to the fire. The tree shall be known by its fruit and without good fruit it is cut down and burned by Jesus.

This was the focus of my attack, to defend scriptural doctrine, that to be under the grace of Christ is to live according to his will. An entire transformation of the man is accomplished to those who follow Christ.

The consequences of sin is clearly demonstrated Biblically as soul threatening even to the professing Christian. Because of the deceit of the human heart, he believes oftentimes to be under grace when his consciousness does not follow the Biblical prescription for a life of faith. Man must practice repentance continually and war against the flesh with appeals to the Holy Spirit for the power to stay humble and penitent before the Lord. Otherwise, sin has the affect of subtly changing the spirit of the man to one of emnity towards God. "How can a man overcome sin when it is in him and part of him?", the sinful mind would ask. "God has put an impossible burden on me, a sinner, who cannot resist temptations that come against me of their own will." Conversely, habitual sin will influence the mind to resign to it as a necessary evil claiming that it is forgiven by the blood of Christ. This is an indication of a heart not right with God because it leads to a seared conscience with no conviction of guilt before God leading to incremental steps of faithlessness and infidelity to God, leading to rebellion and falling away altogether with the scriptural warning that repentance is no longer an option for him.

4For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened, those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come 6and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.

Sin has a mind of its own and even in the professing Christian it's power is more subtle to deceive by confounding scriptural promises of forgiveness with Biblical injunctions to maintain the right attitude and mind towards God in the battle over sin for the blood of Christ to cover you.

I do not teach complete sanctification on earth but the Bible clearly teaches an attitude of about facing and fleeing from sin for the whole of your walk in him because you are at the lord's disposal and not hindered or at risk of losing your Salvation- all Biblical teachings despite Calvinism, and Baptists "Once Saved Always Saved". However it is possible that those that evidence falling away from faith were false converts to begin with and never had regeneration.
dermdoc
AG
May I ask what denomination are you?
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
I am sorry for hurting you. It is rather difficult to not offend while presenting a contrary and unpopular view of Soteriology with implications of deliverance of hell in the balance.

You appear to take the popular 21st postmodernist view, ironically based in Calvinism of an intellectual assent to belief in Christ that when put to the test of faith demonstrates a superficiality of character and trust in God that does not allow for the working of his will. These beliefs lead people to be victims of sin, with its strong delusional properties, rather than being conquerors in Christ.

I am from the Baptist/Calvinist tradition having been victimized by its teachings for decades. Now I lean Lutheran.
dermdoc
AG

I am sorry for hurting you. It is rather difficult to not offend while presenting a contrary and unpopular view of Soteriology with implications of deliverance of hell in the balance.

You appear to take the popular 21st postmodernist view, ironically based in Calvinism of an intellectual assent to belief in Christ that when put to the test of faith demonstrates a superficiality of character and trust in God that does not allow for the working of his will. These beliefs lead people to be victims of sin, with its strong delusional properties, rather than being conquerors in Christ.

I am from the Baptist/Calvinist tradition having been victimized by its teachings for decades. Now I lean Lutheran.

Great. I would be a little reluctant to condemn people to hell that do not agree with you.
dermdoc
AG

And May I ask what you base your beliefs on hell on?
Sapper Redux

How is this not Gnosticism?
Joe Boudain
Did codker get banned? Post modernism is kinda his thing
Joe Boudain
This guy seems like he has based himself ******ed but what he posted is a refutation of gnosticism, as he is claiming that actions of the body inflict consequences on the soul, because they are one entity.
Zobel
AG
Quote:

The tree shall be known by its fruit and without good fruit it is cut down and burned by Jesus.

This was the focus of my attack, to defend scriptural doctrine, that to be under the grace of Christ is to live according to his will. An entire transformation of the man is accomplished to those who follow Christ.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

You posted a lot of halves of a lot of pieces of scripture without the other half. There is truth in the scripture, but a half truth can be a lie. What you're describing is not the whole of salvation, or the whole truth of the gospel, and may not even be salvific as presented.

Who are you defending this from? This is a very strange set of posts.
PacifistAg
AG

You appear to take the popular 21st postmodernist view,

Hey there, codker.
dermdoc
AG

And sorry, but you are crawfishing. You specifically said that I was living in such a way that I would not taste Heaven. First of all, tell me how you know how I am living. Then tell me what I am doing that is damnable. What did I do last week that you think is willingly sinful? Or yesterday? Specific instances please. And I know I am a sinner and fall short but willfulling sinning is your accusation, correct?

What does the Bible say about false witnesses?

You made assumptions about me because we differ in theology. And then lied about knowing how I am living. Then going even further and accusing me of embracing sin willingly when you have no idea of that assertion.

Weird that it is pretty obvious who is sinning here. Satan is the accuser and liar. Not Jesus.

I will pray for you.

God bless.
PacifistAg
AG
I'm still really curious as to what drug usage the OP is referring to that causes one to lose their salvation.
dermdoc
AG
I am more interested in how he "leans towards" Lutheran which emphasizes sola fide. Faith alone.

And this is where the sin nature and Satan come in and tell a man that faith alone is not adequate. And then that man begins judging other men based upon his newly created "requirements".
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
I am sorry for doing an unchristian thing in apparently condemning you personally. That is clearly against scripture and I repent of it and apologize for hurting you unnecessarily.

dermdoc
AG

I am sorry for doing an unchristian thing in apparently condemning you personally. That is clearly against scripture and I repent of it and apologize for hurting you unnecessarily.

I have already prayed and forgiven you. Sometimes things on the internet come out differently than what we mean.

And I am no theologian or psychologist, but it sounds like you are having a hard time with faith alone. I have been there also.
Caveman Ag
AG
Joe Boudain said:

Did codker get banned? Post modernism is kinda his thing

Definitely a Codker sock.
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
Thank you for your forgiveness. It demonstrates the greatness of your love and that your faith in Christ has saved you.

In my newfound self awareness, I realize I am susceptible to sinful passions in my religious zeal. I will not be a monster so I repent to the Lord with sorrow for what I did. I pray in faith I never do it again. Thank you doctor for your gentleness.

I have an informed scriptural opinion about the intricacies of salvation and for doing the Lord's will. I believe the popular religious maxims of today preclude individuals from acting confidently in the instructions of the Bible. I believe this is against the will of the Lord and it sickens me. I am grieved deeply. I am hurt and weakened by it.

Works have become the boogyman in today's religious world because of multiple levels of misinterpretations. "If this is true, then this is true." And so forth. It would take a whole ministry to unpack it. The extremism is so severe that repentance and baptism are now condemned as being works based salvation in spite of their scriptural significance in conversion.This is the modern day iconoclasm of the scriptures in the name of man-made doctrines. These things are grievous to me.

As I see it, with respect to the Bible, the vast majority of professing Christians are not doing the Lord's will because they don't believe the scriptures that implore men to change and to apply themselves to work with God as fellow workers. Those verses are dismissed as inessential for salvation and thus for Christian life. The crux of the theological misunderstanding is in monergism and its resulting Free Grace salvation doctrine. These doctrines are fathered in the protestant reformation and in the doctrine of total depravity.

These beliefs sometimes give their followers a false sense of security because of the errant doctrine they place their confidence in. These doctrines allow for the personal decisions of men to be free from personal accountability to God in their everyday decisions, attitudes and lifestyles. In their minds, God is gracious and forgives them unconditionally despite an insincere or misinformed attitude towards God. These religious doctrines, centered in monergism, inadvertantly lead to man-centered living, blinding men from perceiving God's scowl for neglecting their duties and for engaging in ungodly conduct.

In summary, men, being misled doctrinally, are especially susceptible to being deluded by the love of the world, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. Thus these men are not fulfilling their God ordained destinies. I cry and wail.

Synergism/Arminianism is the answer.
dermdoc
AG
A couple of things I might suggest.

Get involved in a good, Bible based church. I think you will be surprised at how many Christians there are doing the work of Christ and the Kingdom. Fellowship is key for Christian growth.

It gets very sticky when one adds works to salvation. How many works, what are the right works, etc. and unfortunately is often used by Christians in a judgemental fashion.

I personally believe that we are saved by our faith in the grace God extends to us and then we want to do the good works God has planned for us due to the Holy Spirit living in us. But my "works" are different than your "works" and we must be careful not to boast in our works or look down upon someone else's works.

And our job is to love. The Holy Spirit convicts and God is the righteous, just judge. The only one who condemns is Satan.

And learn how to rest in the Lord. It is His fight, not yours. Let Him be God, and us be worshipers of Him. That gives me so much peace and joy.

God bless you on your journey.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.