Which Christian leaders do you enjoy listening to?

1,726 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Win At Life
M1Buckeye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I immensely enjoy Pastor John MacArthur. He's easy on the ears too. Some preachers act like carnival barkers. Here is his sermon on not loving the world.

RebelE Infantry
AG
https://youtube.com/c/SensusFidelium

Pretty much most of this channel
PacifistAg
AG
What do you mean by "leaders"? Theologians? Pastors? Both? Greg Boyd is my favorite. But I love to read stuff from Kallistos Ware as well. I prefer Anabaptist and Orthodox writings. Ancientfaith.com is a fantastic source.

I stay away from the more Reformed Baptist/Calvinist stuff. I am grew up w/ stuff like that, so I'm already very familiar with it, so I feel no need to further read/listen to it.
dermdoc
AG
Max Lucado

Jeremy Meyers

John Ortberg

Dallas Willard
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jrico2727
AG
The Greatest Priest/Theologian/Preacher to ever be televised is Archbishop Fulton Sheen - hands down

I second the recommendation of sensus fidelium Wonderful Homilies and talks posted all the time

I find Fr. Mike Schmitz is good to send to most people he is pretty solid in his teaching and most people can listen to him, even if they don't agree with him. The ladies seem to like him can't figure out why

I enjoy the energy and positivity of Fr. Mark Goring he does 3-5 min daily videos that are awesome

I listen to anything I see that Fr. Chad Ripperger releases - World Class Thomist and Exorcist- every thing is pretty much spiritual gold that comes out of his mouth

Fr. Rick Heilman will get you pumped up and would be a great priest to have a beer with

BusterAg
AG
[There is no way that you are going to post that on this forum without getting a ban. -Staff]
Star Wars Memes Only
[Don't quote obscene posts. -Staff]
PacifistAg
AG
Don't know what it said, but I'm not sure why there's a thumbs down. I didn't denigrate anyone. I stated things related to my preferences.
PacifistAg
AG

Wtf?!

Buster, don't be a damn coward. Own what you said or apologize. That was grossly inappropriate and uncalled for.
jrico2727
AG

Wow
I wonder who he listens to?
PacifistAg
AG

I didn't even say anything bad about them either. I said I'm familiar with them, and stay away from certain segments. I have my reasons, but I purposely wasn't negative about them.
dermdoc
AG

Time for me to leave for a while.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
I hope not. I don't want to let these types drive off the good posters. All Buster did is expose his own heart. He also gives a great example as to why I say I follow and love Jesus in spite of Christians (obviously not all Christians, but we've seen enough on this site alone to show it's not uncommon).
Sully
AG
Amir Tsarfati, JD Farag, Jack Hibbs and Jimmy Evans!
Frok
AG
Man someone did some day-drinking

Dallas Willard, there's an oldy but goody

Sometimes I listen to Dr. Michael Brown…he's kind of cheesy but I generally like his approach. He seems fairly humble.
PacifistAg
AG
Thank you, staff.
UTExan
Chuck Missler, Tom Horn, Jim Evans, Dr Peter Hammond of Frontline Fellowship and Angus Buchan.

Oh, and David Wilkerson.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Sb1540
M1Buckeye said:

I immensely enjoy Pastor John MacArthur. He's easy on the ears too. Some preachers act like carnival barkers. Here is his sermon on not loving the world.

MacArthurs understanding of Christianity can be summed up at 4:20.

Sb1540
Another great video. Take whatever truth you can find from him but he's very limited in his knowledge of Christianity coming from the reformed sector.

M1Buckeye
I appreciate the recommendations. As Pastor MacArthur says, Christians thirst for the word of God.

On another note, how does a thread requesting recommendations on good Christian preachers go in the gutter? I missed all the drama but, apparently, it was something uncouth.
M1Buckeye
Orthodox Texan said:

Another great video. Take whatever truth you can find from him but he's very limited in his knowledge of Christianity coming from the reformed sector.

Nice video. The man nicely refuted MacArthur's poorly worded remarks. I think MacArthur meant to say that one cannot BUY a ticket to Heaven, or at least I hope that is what he meant to say.
bigcat22
AG
I don't always agree with him, but I enjoy listening to Dr. James White's debates.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Alex Michel is my absolute favorite.

Voddie Baucham

I like some of Michael Todd's earlier sermons. Around 2016. There is another pastor there named Charles Metcalf. I've enjoyed his stuff.

I like Mark Driscoll, and I was really disappointed about what happened at Mars Hill.
Azeotroper
Dudley Rutherford
Civil04
AG
I've enjoyed listening to Alistair Begg and Tony Evans.

For everyday issues and raising a family, I get a lot out of American Family Radio's Abraham Hamilton and Wil and Meeke Addison.
AG
In no specific order:

JohnMacArthur
Skip Heitzig
Greg Laurie
PA24
AG
John MacAuthur is a greater speaker and we love to listen to him.

The story of Nicodemus visiting Christ in the evening is absolutely a must watch.

Forget about free will vs predetermined debate, just listen to him teach the stories of the gospel is quite the pleasure in my home.

Zobel
AG
Right now

Tim Mackey
Fr Stephen De Young
dermdoc
AG
Civil04 said:

I've enjoyed listening to Alistair Begg and Tony Evans.

For everyday issues and raising a family, I get a lot out of American Family Radio's Abraham Hamilton and Wil and Meeke Addison.

Alistair Beggs is my favorite Reformed/Calvinist pastor.
Win At Life
AG
I can't listen to John Macarthur without sensing he's doing his best to supress a lot of bitterness and anger that seeps out every once in a while. He does a better job of hiding it when he's prepared, but it comes out more noticeably in more candid moments.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.