What happened to "My body, my choice"?

3,410 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Star Wars Memes Only
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Quad Dog
AG
Not getting a vaccine affects a while lot of other people that aren't yourself.
Not getting a vaccine would be more"My choice, everyone I come into contact with's body"
Sapper Redux
dermdoc said:

To turn this around, it's okay to put the lives of other people in danger to protect YOUR right to choose. But a woman shouldn't have rights over her body the instant a sperm and an egg hug.
Quad Dog
AG
Also with no other context than these 14 seconds, it seems like Psaki was already gathering notes to leave when the gotcha question was yelled out to get a nice 14 second video clip of her leaving to the gotcha question.
What was the context of the Q&A before this clip?
Ag_of_08
AG
Quad Dog said:

Not getting a vaccine would be more"My choice, everyone I come into contact with's body"

Abortion effects two people as well, although the murderers don't seem to acknowledge that
Quad Dog
AG
As this board has proven many times abortion affects two people after a given period of time. Some people think that period of time is 0, or conception, when two people are affected. Some people think that period of time is more or less 20 weeks when two people are affected. That really is the meat of the abortion discussion and there is really little middle ground.
Faithful Ag
Well - Someone has to speak for the life being snuffed out somewhere in that "middle ground" since it cannot speak for itself, yet.
jrico2727
AG
When you need a vaccine to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated, it's not a vaccine.
Quad Dog
AG
jrico2727 said:

When you need a vaccine to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated, it's not a vaccine.

I'm confused by this statement. That's what vaccines do... protect vaccinated people from unvaccinated. Getting any vaccine protects people with that vaccine from unvaccinated people spreading something. For example the Measles vaccine protects against people getting infected with Measles. After two does that effectiveness is 97%.
Also, vaccines protect unvaccinated people (ideally these people would only be people that can't get the vaccine due to age or immune disease) from unvaccinated people because it reduces the number of people, or the chances of, spreading something.
Sapper Redux
jrico2727 said:

No vaccine in history is 100% effective in every individual. The way we eliminated smallpox and polio was by vaccinating EVERYONE. That gave the virus nowhere to go. There weren't enough susceptible people left to maintain it. The unvaccinated at this point are giving Covid every opportunity imaginable to keep evolving until it can bypass the vaccines.
Quad Dog
AG
Ha, called it.

At minute 32 she says "I think we have to wrap this up." She fields one more question about a West coast trip, gathers her things to leave, and then the question is yelled at her while gathering and leaving. All you see in the tweet is the question and the leaving.

I thought dermdoc was better than falling for this.
dermdoc
AG
I actually posted this on the wrong forum. Sorry.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Star Wars Memes Only
dermdoc said:

Repost and brace yourself for the blue stars.
dermdoc
AG
This is pretty interesting though. And blue stars mean nothing to me.

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-unveils-your-body-my-choice-vaccination-program
Quad Dog
AG
You do know Babylon Bee is a satire site, right? You might as well link the onion.
You're 0-3 tonight.
Quad Dog
AG
dermdoc said:

So? Would that have made posting an action out of context intended to make someone look bad and spread division better ?
Sb1540
Quad Dog said:

You do know Babylon Bee is a satire site, right? You might as well link the onion.
You're 0-3 tonight.
And you realize they are constantly dunking on immoral idiots right? That's the point…
dermdoc
AG
Quad Dog said:

You're 0-3 tonight.
Yes I know it is a satire.
craigernaught
AG
jrico2727 said:

Dear lord.

Partisanship turns people's brains to mush.
Ag_of_08
AG
Quad Dog said:

As this board has proven many times abortion affects two people after a given period of time. Some people think that period of time is 0, or conception, when two people are affected. Some people think that period of time is more or less 20 weeks when two people are affected. That really is the meat of the abortion discussion and there is really little middle ground.

It's always two people. From conception on, conscious life, or one never allowed to begin. I didn't say i never saw a time and place where it's justifiable, but killing is killing, and a life is a life.

Christianity, much less religion, is not necessary to recognize life.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Quad Dog said:

BS.

This vaccine has proven to be very "leaky". Getting the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus or passing it on. It has apparently only proven to reduce symptoms. The CDC even recently changed their definition of a vaccine to no longer "impart immunity" from a virus, but to "provide protection" from a virus.

Every abortion kills a person. It is inherent in the action and definition.

I still have read no proof that someone exhibiting no symptoms is any more likely to pass on the virus than someone who is vaccinated. I have read speculation that they could, but no solid proof.

If you support a vaccine mandate, you are supporting a fascist policy.
jrico2727
AG
craigernaught said:

jrico2727 said:

Dear lord.

Partisanship turns people's brains to mush.

Or I took a direct quote from our dear leader's inspired speech yesterday.
Jmiller
Ag_of_08 said:

Quad Dog said:

Abortion effects two people as well, although the murderers don't seem to acknowledge that

Two people? Is it a person if it doesn't have a brain and has no cognition by any reasonable definition?
Serotonin
AG
Jmiller said:

Ag_of_08 said:

Quad Dog said:

Two people? Is it a person if it doesn't have a brain and has no cognition by any reasonable definition?

The baby is busy developing a brain and cognitive function. Truly an amazing process.

If my wife has brain damage and loses cognitive function, but just needs surgery and 6 weeks to gain it back, I wouldn't say: "She's no longer a person." I'd give her 6 weeks to gain her cognitive function.
dermdoc
AG
Quad Dog said:

Two things, to my knowledge, unvaccinated folks can do little to harm vaccinated folks. Certainly very, very low risk of death.

Abortion results in death 100% of the time. That is its sole purpose.

For the record, I am very pro vaccine and think people who do not get it are running a risk they do not have to take. But this idea that the unvaxxed are hurting vaxxed people has little scientific merit imho.

Granted they are putting an unnecessary load on our hospitals and ers but so are smokers, obese people, addicts, etc. And all of those are preventable behaviors also.

Worries me when the government mandates a medical treatment of any kind.

But we will agree to disagree and again I apologize for not posting this on the right forum.

And I am definitely not trying to pursue blue stars.
Star Wars Memes Only
If more peoole were vaccinated, wouldn't herd immunity kick in at some point, essentially ending the pandemic as it exists now?
Sapper Redux
dargscisyhp said:

If more peoole were vaccinated, wouldn't herd immunity kick in at some point, essentially ending the pandemic as it exists now?

We would need to get the vaccine to kids before I would think we could approach herd immunity. With the original variant, we might be able to have gotten there with a lower percentage of the population vaccinated. With Delta, we'd need something closer to polio or smallpox vaccine numbers.
Joe Boudain
dargscisyhp said:

yes, I believe the same would also happen if more people got COVID, but that's neither here nor there.

The issue at hand that I don't understand is why we're pushing all the obligation for personal safety onto someone else. I'm not a small government fan, I like the government telling people what to do as long as I agree with what the issue is; however in this case it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Take the beginning of the pandemic before we had vaccines; instead of telling old and unhealthy people "you need to stay in doors and limit your contact with everyone" we canceled school, and proms, and graduation parties, and restaurants, etc etc. Young people and healthy people were at very little risk of needing medical treatment in the early days of the pandemic, yet we quarantined them and stopped them from having all the fun that everyone else had when they were young, so that old unhealthy people could go out in public.

"Hey, you kids don't go to prom, because I want to make sure that I can rejoin society"

Our reaction to this thing has been absolutely ass backwards from the get-go, so I don't blame people for rebelling.

If you're worried about covid, social distance. You will not catch covid if you lock yourself up in your house and have literally everything delivered to your front door.
dermdoc
AG
dargscisyhp said:

Possibly. No one knows. And I wish everyone would get vaccinated. But it is a huge jump imho to say the unvaxxed are "hurting" physically the vaccinated. And it does seem hypocritical for the the "my body, my choice" crowd is so quick to use government force to mandate a vaccination.

And who knows who the aborted would have become and how they might have benefited society? And I firmly believe abortion has far reaching effects beyond just on the mother, and of course, the unborn baby.

But that is just me. And I respect your opinion though I do not agree with you. That is what makes life fun.
Quad Dog
AG
dermdoc said:

Quad Dog said:

Two things, to my knowledge, unvaccinated folks can do little to harm vaccinated folks. Certainly very, very low risk of death.

Abortion results in death 100% of the time. That is its sole purpose.

For the record, I am very pro vaccine and think people who do not get it are running a risk they do not have to take. But this idea that the unvaxxed are hurting vaxxed people has little scientific merit imho.

Granted they are putting an unnecessary load on our hospitals and ers but so are smokers, obese people, addicts, etc. And all of those are preventable behaviors also.

Worries me when the government mandates a medical treatment of any kind.

But we will agree to disagree and again I apologize for not posting this on the right forum.

And I am definitely not trying to pursue blue stars.
Very low risk of death on individual cases, but it is crazy contagious. So the number of deaths is high because it keeps spreading around. The risk is higher because the rate of infection is higher. 675,000 people are dead in the US.

Unvacced people are providing an opportunity for the virus to spread and mutate past the point where the vaccine is effective. That's how we eradicated other communicable diseases, vaccinating a very large percentage of the population so that the disease had nowhere to spread and mutate.

COVID is putting a much much higher strain on facilities than the things you list. Besides COVID is one thing. Obesity, smoking, addict are blanket things that create dozens of other strains. That one thing is having a huge impact compared to dozens of other things.

The government has been mandating medical treatment since before it was a country. We've lived our entire lives with all kinds of mandated medical treatments, and they are undoubtedly good things.

I'd prefer you apologize for posting something that's straight up a lie instead of the wrong forum.
Star Wars Memes Only
dermdoc said:

dargscisyhp said:

Possibly. No one knows.

Why do you say that? Aren't there epidemiological models that do just that?

Quote:

But it is a huge jump imho to say the unvaxxed are "hurting" physically the vaccinated.

Why, if they are the vector that keeps the pandemic going?

Quote:

And it does seem hypocritical for the the "my body, my choice" crowd is so quick to use government force to mandate a vaccination.

And who knows who the aborted would have become and how they might have benefited society? And I firmly believe abortion has far reaching effects beyond just on the mother, and of course, the unborn baby.

I know it doesn't seem like it from the other thread (which I forgot I need to respond to), but would it help if I said I am anti-abortion, and that I am also not a fan of government mandated vaccines (though I am a fan of socially pressuring them into it).
dermdoc
AG
dargscisyhp said:

dermdoc said:

dargscisyhp said:

Possibly. No one knows.

Quote:

But it is a huge jump imho to say the unvaxxed are "hurting" physically the vaccinated.

Quote:

And it does seem hypocritical for the the "my body, my choice" crowd is so quick to use government force to mandate a vaccination.

I know it doesn't seem like it from the other thread (which I forgot I need to respond to), but would it help if I said I am anti-abortion, and that I am also not a fan of government mandated vaccines (though I am a fan of socially pressuring them into it).

Then we agree.
Star Wars Memes Only
dermdoc said:

Then we agree.

Not on these two points.

Quote:

Quote:

Possibly. No one knows.

Quote:

DirtDiver

Quote:

If he/she is alive and has it's own unique human DNA that's not the mothers and will have those things (brain) in the near term? Yes
dermdoc
AG
I am not lying. We just disagree. Relax and quit being so mean spirited please.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.