The Pursuit at St. Mary's (SSA)

670 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dermdoc
RAB91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
St. Mary's in CS shared an update on this group on their FB page yesterday. It seems like a reasonable approach, but since this is the first I've heard of it, it is hard to say for sure..

The Pursuit at St. Mary's
'A ministry for those who experience same-sex attraction or gender dysphoria'
Quote:

Welcome! It is good that you are here. You may be here right now because you are longing for something greater or simply because you are curious. Nevertheless, welcome.

The world often gives two options to those who experience same-sex attraction or gender dysphoria: live your life however you want, or keep these experiences locked up and don't tell anyone. What if we could present to you a third option? The Pursuit is an initiative for those who are longing for a community of faithful people who are striving for a deep relationship with our Lord. It also creates a space for us to be our authentic selves. The Lord pursues each of us so deeply and wants nothing more than for us to be with Him.

We are all called to holiness, and the Lord truly delights in every single one of us. Whether you are longing for deep healing or simply are looking for a community of shared experiences, you are wanted here. The Lord has a specific vocation for each of us and we want to embark on that beautiful journey together.
Quote:

We believe that sexual expression is intended for an exclusive, indissoluble marriage between one man and one woman. Sexual expression outside of this union is sinful for all persons. Every person is called to holiness, and to chaste integration of their sexuality according to their state in life.

https://www.aggiecatholic.org/the-pursuit
Dilettante
This seems like something that could get a few members in a city. Here? This is a terrible idea.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at those gatherings, where nobody shows up or one person shows up and gets looked at like this:

UTExan
Kudos to them for attempting to reach out in ministry. I hope they are able to be a place of refuge for some.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Joe Boudain
The courage apostolate has been doing great work for years in helping support celibate SSA Catholics
dermdoc
AG
Dilettante said:

This seems like something that could get a few members in a city. Here? This is a terrible idea.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at those gatherings, where nobody shows up or one person shows up and gets looked at like this:

I bet they will have a pretty big crowd.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.