Should Christians tell transgender females that they are, indeed, female?

7,918 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M1Buckeye
Joe Boudain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

sigh. this thread has happened enough times, hasn't it?

Yep. It gets so tiresome.

Love God, love your neighbor.

Don't be a busybody.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I am not Jesus and neither are you. I know and love him, but I am not Him.

I think we have a skewed vision of what the idea of "love" is. The angelic doctor would say that to love someone would be to will the best for regardless of circumstance. Many people know conflate that with universal acceptance

Many believe that what is "good" is what they believe is good rather than what God says is good. Following God entails following God and not someone else, including ourselves.

Yes, essentially that love is letting everyone do whatever they want to and tell them that is okay. That is the exact opposite of what love is, and in many cases is self-serving. It's very easy to tell someone "whatever you're doing is fine, keep doing it, as long as it makes you happy". It takes a lot of work to say "God loves you, but what you're doing is wrong and is soul-killing, repent and return to God"
M1Buckeye
Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

I think we have a skewed vision of what the idea of "love" is. The angelic doctor would say that to love someone would be to will the best for regardless of circumstance. Many people know conflate that with universal acceptance

Many believe that what is "good" is what they believe is good rather than what God says is good. Following God entails following God and not someone else, including ourselves.

Yes, essentially that love is letting everyone do whatever they want to and tell them that is okay. That is the exact opposite of what love is, and in many cases is self-serving. It's very easy to tell someone "whatever you're doing is fine, keep doing it, as long as it makes you happy". It takes a lot of work to say "God loves you, but what you're doing is wrong and is soul-killing, repent and return to God"

Amen and, as I have learned here, even so-called "Christians" will hate one for saying that they should follow God rather than themselves.
dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.
Just what I've gathered so far in my limited interaction on this forum.
dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.

Please link to posts where anyone posted that love means "everything is okay" or whatever you posted.

You are projecting sir.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

Fair enough.

You were the one who put parentheses around Christians. Why did you do it?
I don't believe that everyone who claims to be a Christian is, indeed, a Christian.
I believe everyone who through grace has faith that Jesus is their Savior is a Christian.

How about you?
Mathew 7:21-23 ESV

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

What requirements are there for being a Christian than what I posted?
I was communicating to you that Jesus will make that determination.

There were likely German SS troops, who claimed to be "Christian", that forced Jews into gas chambers. I wouldn't exactly proclaim them to be "Christian" but that's up to Jesus to decide.

Easy there fella
I know I said I was done w/ M1's quest for an echo chamber, but I have to ask for clarification on this one.

Look, I know you are a fan of the Taliban. That's already been admitted to. But what are you saying "easy there fella" to here? Are you defending SS troops that forced Jews into gas chambers? Are you denying it happened? Is your objection that M1 "wouldn't exactly proclaim them to be "Christian""?

Can you clarify your "easy there fella" statement?
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

Fair enough.

I don't believe that everyone who claims to be a Christian is, indeed, a Christian.
I believe everyone who through grace has faith that Jesus is their Savior is a Christian.

How about you?

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

There were likely German SS troops, who claimed to be "Christian", that forced Jews into gas chambers. I wouldn't exactly proclaim them to be "Christian" but that's up to Jesus to decide.

Easy there fella
I know I said I was done w/ M1's quest for an echo chamber, but I have to ask for clarification on this one.

Look, I know you are a fan of the Taliban. That's already been admitted to. But what are you saying "easy there fella" to here? Are you defending SS troops that forced Jews into gas chambers? Are you denying it happened? Is your objection that M1 "wouldn't exactly proclaim them to be "Christian""?

No, your statement qualifying me as a fan of the taliban proves you aren't interested in actual discourse, but rather making me look bad to invalidate my argument. You've done the same thing while labeling me an adulterer and calling me every name in the book.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.

Please link to posts where anyone posted that love means "everything is okay" or whatever you posted.

You are projecting sir.
I don't believe that I am. I have seen very little in the way, especially of you, of judging actions not people as sinful. It leads me to believe that you don't believe our place is as Christians to judge actions, which is wholly wrong.
dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.

You are projecting sir.
I don't believe that I am. I have seen very little in the way, especially of you, of judging actions not people as sinful. It leads me to believe that you don't believe our place is as Christians to judge actions, which is wholly wrong.

Except for local church congregations, where is Scriptural reference that we are supposed to judge other Christians?

I thought God was supposed to judge.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

And I take not being judge mental as a compliment. Thanks.
Howdy Dammit
AG
You're hanging on the word judge way too hard. Stop being obtuse. Disciples spoke out against the sinful choices of others throughout the Bible. That's all he's saying. Doesn't appear that you speak out against sinful actions. I am relatively new here, and the whole trans issue has likely been beat to death, but I'm agreeing with the others on this one.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.

You are projecting sir.

Except for local church congregations, where is Scriptural reference that we are supposed to judge other Christians?

Before we go into this, I just want to make sure that I'm understanding you. I am correct in saying that you do not believe it is our place to judge actions or behavior as bad, correct?

dermdoc
AG
And I do judge actions like greed, envy, stealing, adultery, etc.

After a long time in medicine, I am convinced that some people are born gay or with sexual dysmorphia.

May I ask you how many trans folks you know?

And would you judge a poster who tried to harm a trans person in real life by dozing them?
PacifistAg
AG
Dude, you started a thread proclaiming how much respect you have for the Taliban. I get why you don't want to answer my question though, as I'm sure even you know the answer would make you look vile.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

M1Buckeye said:

dermdoc said:

Fair enough.

How about you?

Easy there fella

No, your statement qualifying me as a fan of the taliban proves you aren't interested in actual discourse, but rather making me look bad to invalidate my argument. You've done the same thing while labeling me an adulterer and calling me every name in the book.

Quote:

I have nothing but respect, grudging admiration, and disgust at the taliban.

Quote:

We need to be more like them
https://texags.com/forums/15/topics/3217662

Yeah, me saying you're a fan of the Taliban is such a stretch for a guy who says we need to be more like them, and that you have nothing but respect and grudging admiration of them.

Again, I think it's clear why you don't want to put on record why you said "easy there fella" to a statement that would call into question the faith of SS soldiers who were exterminating Jews.
Howdy Dammit
AG
I'm with you that people can be born gay. Doesn't change what the Bible says about it. I know people that are born way more susceptible to gambling and booze. Have both of those traits in my family bloodline. Has sucked some family members in and some have been wise enough to never let themselves participate. Same issue. Sins are sins regardless of your starting point or predispositions.
dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.

You are projecting sir.

Before we go into this, I just want to make sure that I'm understanding you. I am correct in saying that you do not believe it is our place to judge actions or behavior as bad, correct?

Nope. Read my above posts. From my reading of Scripture this is supposed to be done at the local church level. A believer confronts another believer face to face and if not fruitful, two believers confront the person.
dermdoc
AG
We are not even supposed to sue other Christians .

What are your takes from Scripture?
AGC
AG
dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.

You are projecting sir.

Nope. Read my above posts. From my reading of Scripture this is supposed to be done at the local church level. A believer confronts another believer face to face and if not fruitful, two believers confront the person.

Now this I find to be interesting. In an era of streaming church, how do you discipline or confront believers? Social media may be the extent of their involvement in Christian community if they're not at a local body. Should they be left to their own devices?

Edit: what does local church mean?
dermdoc
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

I'm with you that people can be born gay. Doesn't change what the Bible says about it. I know people that are born way more susceptible to gambling and booze. Have both of those traits in my family bloodline. Has sucked some family members in and some have been wise enough to never let themselves participate. Same issue. Sins are sins regardless of your starting point or predispositions.

I actually do not disagree. I do not think it is appropriate to try to hurt another poster on here in real life.

Sorry but that does not seem Christ like to me.

And do you agree with me on what I posted about how church discipline is supposed to Biblically carried out?
dermdoc
AG
AGC said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.

You are projecting sir.

Now this I find to be interesting. In an era of streaming church, how do you discipline or confront believers? Social media may be the extent of their involvement in Christian community if they're not at a local body. Should they be left to their own devices?

I am just relaying my interpretation of church discipline as outlined in the Bible.

Seems to be pretty clear to me.
AGC
AG
dermdoc said:

AGC said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

M1Buckeye said:

Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Don't be a busybody.

Who said any of that?

My goodness.

You are projecting sir.

I am just relaying my interpretation of church discipline as outlined in the Bible.

Seems to be pretty clear to me.

I'm not asking you to discipline anyone. I'm simply asking how you engage with this era and that understanding: many Christians are now on an island not going at all but streaming. How do you apply your understanding of scripture in this era?
dermdoc
AG
I honestly do not know.

I know I think what patriot401 did was not appropriate Christian discipline. And advocating throwing people in jail on an Internet forum.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

We are not even supposed to sue other Christians .

What are your takes from Scripture?

I rely on the magisterium of the Catholic Church to test my own personal interpretation of scripture.

Quote:

Respect for the reputationof persons forbids every attitude and word likely to cause them unjust injury. He becomes guilty:

of rash judgment who, even tacitly, assumes as true, without sufficient foundation, the moral fault of a neighbor;
of detraction who, without objectively valid reason, discloses another's faults and failings to persons who did not know them;
of calumny who, by remarks contrary to the truth, harms the reputation of others and gives occasion for false judgments concerning them.
To avoid rash judgment, everyone should be careful to interpret insofar as possible his neighbor's thoughts, words, and deeds in a favorable way: "Every good Christian ought to be more ready to give a favorable interpretation to another's statement than to condemn it. But if he cannot do so, let him ask how the other understands it. And if the latter understands it badly, let the former correct him with love. If that does not suffice, let the Christian try all suitable ways to bring the other to a correct interpretation so that he may be saved." (CCC 2477-2478)

Dilettante
Did you forget the word "not"?
Howdy Dammit
AG
dermdoc said:

Howdy Dammit said:

I actually do not disagree. I do not think it is appropriate to try to hurt another poster on here in real life.

And do you agree with me on what I posted about how church discipline is supposed to Biblically carried out?

I agree with you about hurting a poster in real life. I don't know the backstory of your reference so I'll leave that between you and whoever patriot may or may not be.

As far as discipline, that's not the word I'd use. But I have friends that are not religious at all, but if a decision they are making is ungodly, I will always try to politely interject Gods will. Don't think I need to be inside a church to do that. In fact, in order to have a church, and grow a church, preaching gods will to those outside of it, is necessary. So I guess I'm not understanding your definition of "discipline".
PacifistAg
AG
When you want to throw trans people in prison, but "have nothing but respect" for the Taliban, and say "easy there fella" when someone even hints that exterminating Jews may call into question the faith of SS soldiers, then you may have no credibility on matters of Christianity.
PacifistAg
AG
Patriot had tried to rally people on this site to flood Churches of Christ from Dallas to Tyler in order to find my church and harass them until they disciplined me for being a trans woman.

The funny thing is that I don't even live in those areas. But he also tried to get me to meet him with a cop buddy of his. Guy was full on psycho.
dermdoc
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

dermdoc said:

Howdy Dammit said:

I agree with you about hurting a poster in real life. I don't know the backstory of your reference so I'll leave that between you and whoever patriot may or may not be.

As far as discipline, that's not the word I'd use. But I have friends that are not religious at all, but if a decision they are making is ungodly, I will always try to politely interject Gods will. Don't think I need to be inside a church to do that. In fact, in order to have a church, and grow a church, preaching gods will to those outside of it, is necessary. So I guess I'm not understanding your definition of "discipline".
No problem with that at all and advocate it. That is not what we are talking about here.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

When you want to throw trans people in prison, but "have nothing but respect" for the Taliban, and say "easy there fella" when someone even hints that exterminating Jews may call into question the faith of SS soldiers, then you may have no credibility on matters of Christianity.

Once again the entirety of your argument against me is to try discredit me.

You are calumnous as you have falsely accused me of adultery, yet you persist.

PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Where is the accusation of adultery in that quoted section. I did have it in that post, but removed it. I seriously just want to know what you meant by "easy there fella", because there are not many ways to take it, and none of them are good. So I'm giving you the opportunity to explain it away.

It's an odd response to questioning the faith of those committing evil, and even more odd that you refuse to clarify.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

PacifistAg said:

Where is the accusation of adultery in that quoted section. I did have it, but removed it. I seriously just want to know what you meant by "easy there fella", because there are not many ways to take it, and none of them are good. So I'm giving you the opportunity to explain it away.

Are you claiming you haven't accused me multiple times of adultery? On my taliban thread?
M1Buckeye
Matthew 7:6
PacifistAg
AG
Yes, I have. Your posting is eerily similar to bustup, who admitted to sleeping with a prostitute. I am sorry if that's not you. There's no way to verify, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But I'm simply asking you to clarify a comment you made on this thread. I don't think that's unreasonable. You made a comment. It's not trying to discredit you. It's trying to understand what you meant.
dermdoc
AG
Have you posted on here before? Not a hard question.
PacifistAg
AG
M1Buckeye said:

Matthew 7:6

Yes, that's why I should stop trying to engage with a self-proclaimed "Christian" like you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.