Mass of the Ages

2,211 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 747Ag
747Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

SoulSlaveAG2005, Dr. Foley is in this. Your bishop too.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Watching this in parts. Thanks for sharing
TSJ
AG
That's beautifully done! Looking forward to the rest.
wbt5845
AG
And you wonder why the Pope chose to restrict the extraordinary (i.e., out of the ordinary) mass?

This film blames all societies ills on the Ordinary Form of the mass. Those in an extraordinary form community could not help but believe the Ordinary Form is evil and illicit from watching that.

How is that film anything short of schismatic?
747Ag
AG
wbt5845 said:

And you wonder why the Pope chose to restrict the extraordinary (i.e., out of the ordinary) mass?

This film blames all societies ills on the Ordinary Form of the mass. Those in an extraordinary form community could not help but believe the Ordinary Form is evil and illicit from watching that.

What in this film states or implies that the new Mass is evil, illicit? What in this film is schismatic?
RebelE Infantry
AG
Watched this last night. Absolutely incredible. Cannot wait for the next 2 parts.
aggietony2010
AG
wbt5845 said:

Do you get this mad when you receive communion from someone other than a priest?

And if that's the take you got from this film, I'd examine your heart and not the hearts of the traditionalists you label schismatic.
Joe Boudain
Both the EO and the Ordinary form are licit. That goes without being said. The fruits of the communities that attend the EO are leaps and bounds better than those who attend the Ordinary form.

I say this as someone who attends a fairly Orthodox Ordinary form Parish.

I will never speak ill of the Vicar of Christ in Public, but the EO form needs to be in as many places as possible, and even if it were a problem, should be about line item 750 on the list of things to fix.
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
I don't see how anyone can question the validity of the Novus Ordo without questioning the validity of the entire church. Vatican 2 was an ecumenical Council. Period.

Aesthetically, there's nothing more beautiful and reverent than an Tridentine High Mass. If I could attend one every Sunday I would.

Having said that, the Novus Ordo can be liturgically beautiful when done without hippie Jesus guitar music and with a priest with the proper disposition and attitude.

I disagree with Pope Francis's rationale for quashing the TLM.
747Ag
AG
jrico2727
AG

Spyderman
AG
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Joe Boudain
jrico2727 said:

He did everything right.......except for the Econe consecrations. What could have been.
jrico2727
AG
I would agree absolutely but I am convinced the man will be recognized as a saint one day.
jrico2727
AG
Spyderman said:

Truth about Fatima is so much better and relevant to the world today.

https://fatima.org/
jrico2727
AG
Part II

Mark Fairchild
AG
Thank you for bringing this to this forum.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
PabloSerna
AG
Just finished watching episode 1. My first thought:

1. A very moving narrative about the young family having lost their father at such a young age. One quote that the young mother said that jumped out for me was around the 4:19 minute mark where she acknowledges that the influence she and her husband had on the children was reaching a limit, "was still important but the influence of the people that they were around was going to be almost more important."

I think many parents have come to understand this at some point in their children's lives. I have 8 kids, and I can almost tell you to the date, when I could see that they were listening more to their friends than mom and I. After the first two kids we knew our time was short to impress upon them what was important in life. Certainly God and family - but our neighbors too. This is where I think, how we understand God and worship God, becomes a piece to the puzzle.

(speaking of kids) I am being summoned! I will follow up on this line of thinking a little later on...

747Ag
AG
jrico2727 said:

Part II

Very much enjoyed this episode.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.