Vaccines

13,439 Views | 345 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sb1540
Truman2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where can one go to read up on religions that do not support Covid vaccine?
Serotonin
AG
Are you looking for something like a medical ethics perspective on vaccines?

Or angry blog posts by conspiracy theorists?

I guess I'd ask, what are you looking to do, find our perspectives from a religious perspective on things, or look for some uninformed blogger to make fun of?
craigernaught
AG
Are you trying to fake being a certain religion to create a excuse to not be responsible and get vaccinated.

It's much easier to just take the shot. It also has the side effect of not dying of Covid.
Truman2001
AG
Research and join a certain religion to not get vaccinated.
* not me
PacifistAg
AG
I don't mean to sound rude, but choosing your religion because their vaccination stance seems silly, at best. Just don't get the vaccine. You adopt a faith because you agree with their core tenets. Like, I'm a Christian because I believe that Christ is the Son of God, who was crucified, defeated death, and rose again on the 3rd day.

Tbh, it sounds like you're wanting to use a religion to claim some religious exemption, which would be grossly disrespectful. Just don't get vaccinated, if you don't want to.
ramblin_ag02
AG
https://www.christianscience.com/

Here you go. Christian Science rejects all medicine except prayer and faith healing. They definitely don't want COVID vaccines
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Serotonin
AG
nYRabAg said:

Research and join a certain religion to not get vaccinated.
* not me
Just so I understand, you're researching for someone else?

Would they fall into the category of:

1. Not trusting big pharma / concern over vaccine side effects

OR

2. Being against modern medicine in general for ethical or religious reasons, even if it means shorter lifespan
94chem
ramblin_ag02 said:

Here you go. Christian Science rejects all medicine except prayer and faith healing. They definitely don't want COVID vaccines
Anybody dumb enough to join a religion in order to skip the vaccine deserves Christian Science.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Dilettante
It seems like somebody could go to the internet for that sort of information.

Happy to help.
cavscout96
AG
Sounds like someone who is being forced by their employer (maybe USG) to take a vax and is looking for an exemption.

Thin ice if so. If pressed, might not hold up anyway and you're back to your original two options:

1. Get the vax
or
2. Get a new job
Dilettante
Don't forget:

3. Find a new job because you feel employers shouldn't compel employees to get vaccines, and then get the vaccine anyway because it's safe and effective.
747Ag
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

In high school, I went on a couple of dates with a girl that happened to be Christian Science. Found that tidbit out on the second date. Never called back for a third date. Yeah, jerk move, but...
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

In high school, I went on a couple of dates with a girl that happened to be Christian Science. Found that tidbit out on the second date. Never called back for a third date. Yeah, jerk move, but...
But was it really?
747Ag
AG
PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

But was it really?
Somebody call the doctor!!!!!!
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

But was it really?
Well, you know who won't be calling the doctor? The girl you dated.
747Ag
AG
PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

But was it really?
Which is why I didn't call her back.
Sb1540
The bigger issue is government agencies and now corporations coming out (this week) and stating forced vaccinations in general or required vaccinations to return to the office.
Duncan Idaho
ramblin_ag02 said:

My SiL parents are CS. She sent me this article when her mom was diagnosed and I could understand the emotions she was expressing. It was wired, she wasn't nearly upset about the fact that her mom was going to die. She was terrified of HOW her mom was going to die.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/06/christian-science-church-medicine-death-horror-of-my-fathers-last-days
Sb1540
craigernaught said:

Are you trying to fake being a certain religion to create a excuse to not be responsible and get vaccinated.

It's much easier to just take the shot. It also has the side effect of not dying of Covid.
Or how about not being forced to take a shot since the far majority of people don't die anyways. Quit your totalitarian bull***** The endless condemnation from individuals possessed by various political or scientific ideologies is so tiring and annoying. It's so obvious that many of you are completely unaware of the frame that you live in.
Sb1540
ramblin_ag02 said:

Oh cool some idiotic Protestant church that "represents" Christianity. Weak
Sb1540
Serotonin said:

Are you looking for something like a medical ethics perspective on vaccines?

Or angry blog posts by conspiracy theorists?

I guess I'd ask, what are you looking to do, find our perspectives from a religious perspective on things, or look for some uninformed blogger to make fun of?
The lab leak hypothesis was deemed far right and bred by conspiracy theorists like a couple months ago haha. Oh so many of you have absolutely no idea what's coming if our current trends continues.
Truman2001
AG
cavscout96 said:

Sounds like someone who is being forced by their employer (maybe USG) to take a vax and is looking for an exemption.

Thin ice if so. If pressed, might not hold up anyway and you're back to your original two options:

1. Get the vax
or
2. Get a new job

BINGO
PacifistAg
AG
Orthodox Texan said:

craigernaught said:

Or how about not being forced to take a shot since the far majority of people don't die anyways. Quit your totalitarian bull***** The endless condemnation from individuals possessed by various political or scientific ideologies is so tiring and annoying. It's so obvious that many of you are completely unaware of the frame that you live in.
Take a deep breath and relax. Nothing in what he said is "totalitarian". Also, businesses should be free to set such a requirement. Don't like it, don't work there. Using government to infringe on the rights of business owners to set their policy on their private property is more akin to "totalitarianism" than is merely suggesting people take the shot. (And before it gets tossed out, as it usually does, yes I am opposed to forcing a bakery to bake a cake).

And your rhetoric certainly comes across as someone "possessed by various political" ideologies.
Serotonin
AG
Yeah man, I have a weakness in terms of getting sucked into the whirlwind of modern politics.

It's very dangerous, and something I need to get away from.

Christ is life, temporal politics is death. We dehumanize others and it dehumanizes us in the process. I need to do better.
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

PacifistAg said:

747Ag said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

But was it really?
Which is why I didn't call her back.
Smart move.
craigernaught
AG
Me: "Don't fake religious beliefs. Go get vaccinated."

Confused, Angry Man: "Wow. So totalitarian."
Dilettante
The lab leak hypothesis in the US right now is primarily a far right conspiracy theory.

It's a possibility for sure, but not one that I've seen good evidence for. There are large amounts of dumb arguments for it which are primarily produced and consumed by far right people. So while it's definitely possible, the idea it's likely is definitely associated with certain political views.

Ultimately I don't think we'll ever know, barring some kind of group defection with documentation or finding closely related viruses circulating in the wild in a way which indicates they've been there a long time. China certainly has no interest in letting anyone dig through their records (which would be expected regardless of the source of the virus). Would the US government even tell us if they knew it was a leak? I don't know.
Sb1540
craigernaught said:

Me: "Don't fake religious beliefs. Go get vaccinated."

Confused, Angry Man: "Wow. So totalitarian."
Oh I agree on the not faking religious beliefs. What I was calling out was your note of contempt in "it also has the side effect of not dying of covid." It's sooooo overplayed and flat out disrespectful. Keep playing that card buddy as the ground underneath us keeps shifting. The totalitarian aspect comes from the endless government rhetoric that trickles down into the mouths of people like you.
Sb1540
Dilettante said:

The lab leak hypothesis in the US right now is primarily a far right conspiracy theory.

It's a possibility for sure, but not one that I've seen good evidence for. There are large amounts of dumb arguments for it which are primarily produced and consumed by far right people. So while it's definitely possible, the idea it's likely is definitely associated with certain political views.

Ultimately I don't think we'll ever know, barring some kind of group defection with documentation or finding closely related viruses circulating in the wild in a way which indicates they've been there a long time. China certainly has no interest in letting anyone dig through their records (which would be expected regardless of the source of the virus). Would the US government even tell us if they knew it was a leak? I don't know.
Interesting who is deeming the lab leak hypothesis a far right conspiracy?
Sb1540
PacifistAg said:

Orthodox Texan said:

craigernaught said:

Take a deep breath and relax. Nothing in what he said is "totalitarian". Also, businesses should be free to set such a requirement. Don't like it, don't work there. Using government to infringe on the rights of business owners to set their policy on their private property is more akin to "totalitarianism" than is merely suggesting people take the shot. (And before it gets tossed out, as it usually does, yes I am opposed to forcing a bakery to bake a cake).

And your rhetoric certainly comes across as someone "possessed by various political" ideologies.
Haha oh man y'all are a clueless bunch. Thank God there are unions and individuals that are already fighting back from being forced to take a vaccine. Clearly what most of you don't understand is that it's not going to stop here. This isn't just covid it's control. They just keep moving the goal posts and everyone is like "oh ya this is totally normal and fine." Just watch what happens over the next few months. Lots of big news today from many corporations and our government . Oh and not even close to being politically possessed but hilarious that you got that from my statement and of course you though that. Because anybody who opposes this stuff must be conservative or far right! Weak
Serotonin
AG
There are a TON of Catholic, Protestant, Agnostic and Atheist posters on here.

Not very many Orthodox.
Dilettante
Is that a question? I'm deeming it that.
Sb1540
Serotonin said:

There are a TON of Catholic, Protestant, Agnostic and Atheist posters on here.

Not very many Orthodox.
Well ya it's an Aggie football board so that's not surprising.
craigernaught
AG
I have no idea what any of this is supposed to mean. The vaccine being effective in preventing death and hospitalization has nothing to do with totalitarianism or disrespecting you. It's just plainly true and supported by the data.

Your whole line of reasoning here is totally bizarre.
PacifistAg
AG
craigernaught said:

I have no idea what any of this is supposed to mean. The vaccine being effective in preventing death and hospitalization has nothing to do with totalitarianism or disrespecting you. It's just plainly true and supported by the data.

Your whole line of reasoning here is totally bizarre.

He thinks recommending the vaccine is "disrespectful", yet has no problem insulting and accusing people because they disagree with him. Go figure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.