So, abortion . . . .

15,633 Views | 425 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Faithful Ag
diehard03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really don't know what to tell you. You said "that's not a false equivalency" and then proceeded to give ample evidence as to why it is.
Faithful Ag
Quote:

Fertilization is a critical step in the cycle. Is it the only critical step? No. Is it the step we should use to make our laws? That's not a biology question.

Fertilization is the FIRST step and if this beginning step never happens neither do any of the subsequent "critical" steps. At fertilization a new human organism is created that has all of its unique genetic characteristics and DNA. Otherwise known as the beginning.

The questions about other cells in the body are different than "whole" human life. You can destroy cells or tissue without destroying the whole organism. Are they alive? Yes. But they are not independently human. They are tissue and cells and a part of what makes up the whole, but do not by themselves constitute the whole. A zygote possesses everything needed to continue in its human development and if you destroy the zygote you are killing the whole.

All of the below are just stages of development in the life of a whole human organism
Fertilization >Zygote > embryo > Fetus >
Infant > Toddler > Teen > adult > elderly

aTmAg
AG
diehard03 said:

I really don't know what to tell you. You said "that's not a false equivalency" and then proceeded to give ample evidence as to why it is.
The point of an equivalency is to point out a flawed argument by being equivalent on the point that matters and not equivalent on those that do not. The only 100% equivalency possible would something that was identical. But there is no point in something like that.

In the aspect that matters, my scenario is plenty equivalent.
dds08
AG
Pro Sandy
AG
Quad Dog said:

Pro Sandy said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

How there are people who could witness that and then be fine with the logic of killing this baby only hours before is pure sadistic insanity

it's a good thing that no one believes in abortion at T-"several hours from birth".

Governor of Virginia is for T+ hours from birth abortion

"The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother"
To be fair, here's the full quote from Gov. Northam
"When we talk about third trimester abortions it's done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that is non-viable," Northam said. "If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."
Discussing nonviable births or later term abortions of severe deformities is very different from late term abortions of healthy babies. I'm not saying there aren't people out there in favor of abortion at any time because they are out there. But I would classify them as on the extreme.
To be fair, having a child be born then decide it shouldn't live is pretty extreme.

We've seen where this leads. Look at Europe that claims to have eradicated Down's Syndrome. They just abort any fetus that has markers for it. They didn't eradicate it, they just kill anyone with it.
Pro Sandy
AG
Oh goodness... can you tell I haven't been on much??? Sorry to jump in 13 pages late... disregard!!!
Faithful Ag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.