Luther's Church pastor on German Catholic Synodal Path

1,912 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chimpanzee
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

"The democratizing of a national church always means that a populist, minimal Christianity becomes the ecclesial standard leading to the entire church being banalized and the gospel diluted," he wrote.

Such "reformers" in the Catholic Church, Rev. Garth believes, should become Protestant as in the Protestant churches "you will find everything you are fighting for: woman priests, a synodal constitution, married pastors, feminism."

But he warned that "the spiritual and physical state of the Protestant Church is much worse, and the repercussions of secularization still more devastating, than in the Catholic Church."
Pastor of Luther's Church: Synodal Path Is the 'Wrong Path'| National Catholic Register (ncregister.com)

A Lutheran more supportive of orthodoxy and unity under the Papacy than the majority of the Bishops in Germany.

These are strange times.
ramblin_ag02
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgLiving06
What a weird article.

First, this dude is part of a "church" that's as Lutheran as the ELCA is in the US. So not Lutheran and starts to get on the border of even christian. A quick google search says his particular denomination started in like 2010 and supports women's ordinations and same-sex marriages. Both of which Luther would have been against, among other things. He doesn't represent the historical catholic teachings of the Reformers.

Second, this article really shows the sad state of both the Catholic and Lutheran "churches" in Germany. This comment in particular:

Quote:

Such "reformers" in the Catholic Church, Rev. Garth believes, should become Protestant as in the Protestant churches "you will find everything you are fighting for: woman priests, a synodal constitution, married pastors, feminism."

What I think this article is really about is the German Catholic groups that are ignoring the Pope and still blessing same-sex unions.
----------------------------

All that being said, I actually do think you'll see Lutheran Churches move towards an episcopate, if anything to address people like this "pastor" who Luther would have some choice words for.
codker92
AG
Article should read "Post-Moderns and Post-Modern lites agree that whatever they say is truth unless it's not"

This is all kind of pointless anyway. These Post-Moderns will all follow Islam soon.
chimpanzee
AgLiving06 said:

What a weird article.

First, this dude is part of a "church" that's as Lutheran as the ELCA is in the US. So not Lutheran and starts to get on the border of even christian. A quick google search says his particular denomination started in like 2010 and supports women's ordinations and same-sex marriages. Both of which Luther would have been against, among other things. He doesn't represent the historical catholic teachings of the Reformers.

Second, this article really shows the sad state of both the Catholic and Lutheran "churches" in Germany. This comment in particular:

Quote:

What I think this article is really about is the German Catholic groups that are ignoring the Pope and still blessing same-sex unions.

All that being said, I actually do think you'll see Lutheran Churches move towards an episcopate, if anything to address people like this "pastor" who Luther would have some choice words for.
Good to know, I took the "go try Protestantism" quip as one implying that things are just going to unravel is you do. Could have been the way it was written and/or this guy would miss having a foil in Rome.

If nothing else, some trademark law on the name could weed out the undesirables hanging on to Luther's coattails, but that would take a while.
chimpanzee
Meanwhile in Austria...

AgLiving06
chimpanzee said:

AgLiving06 said:

What a weird article.

Quote:

Good to know, I took the "go try Protestantism" quip as one implying that things are just going to unravel is you do. Could have been the way it was written and/or this guy would miss having a foil in Rome.

If nothing else, some trademark law on the name could weed out the undesirables hanging on to Luther's coattails, but that would take a while.

I don't actually know why he made that comment to be honest. It's a weird comment. There's many reasons to leave Catholicism for Lutheranism (the true kind), but not for any of the reasons he mentions.

You are correct on the second point though. I really wish they would stop pretending to be Lutheran and honestly, christian. It would make it easier for everyone else.
747Ag
AG
chimpanzee said:

Meanwhile in Austria...

Do not want.
AggieSocialWorker32
This gif screams "look at me look at me". Shame on this priest. He should be saying look at Christ not this nonsense.
Silent For Too Long
AggieSocialWorker32 said:

This gif screams "look at me look at me". Shame on this priest. He should be saying look at Christ not this nonsense.

Fun shall not be had in the house of our Lord!
diehard03
Quote:

this post screams "look at me look at me". Shame on this poster. They should be saying look at Christ, not this nonsense.
chimpanzee
diehard03 said:

Quote:

this post screams "look at me look at me". Shame on this poster. They should be saying look at Christ, not this nonsense.
I feel bad for posting the .gif in the first place, consider this my confession.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.