The people running these churches will wonder why people aren't coming back

1,992 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Thaddeus73
RAB91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
05AG
AG
This is what they have on their website. Has they changed it?

RAB91
That's actually pretty funny.... I got that image off of a tweet from over the weekend. I went out to their web site last night to verify that it was accurate... and it was. They must have gotten some pushback from it, and changed it this morning.
Quad Dog
AG
I don't see a problem?
Even after vaccinated you can still carry COVID and transmit it to non vaccinated people. All vaccinated people are OK to hang out together.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
747Ag
AG
Either way... glad I'm not a member of such a parish as this.
Post removed:
by user
94chem
Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. I'm only 49, but I lied to get a vaccine so I could go to confession.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
RAB91
747Ag said:

My parish isn't as bad as the one in the example, but it's not far off. We've pretty much quit going there until they relax some of their crazy Covid stuff. I'm not a big money parishioner, but I've quit donating also. I'll restart that at the same time as when I go back. In the meantime, I've just found other causes to donate to (some religious, some not).
PacifistAg
AG
You quit giving to the church because their COVID protocols? What do you mean by "crazy COVID stuff"?
747Ag
AG
RAB91 said:

747Ag said:

My parish isn't as bad as the one in the example, but it's not far off. We've pretty much quit going there until they relax some of their crazy Covid stuff. I'm not a big money parishioner, but I've quit donating also. I'll restart that at the same time as when I go back. In the meantime, I've just found other causes to donate to (some religious, some not).
Move to the Melbourne, Florida area. Join my parish.
NoahAg
Thankfully God doesn't care if I'm vaccinated, so I'll keep talking to Him directly.

But hey, keep using a middle-man if you want.
Repeat the Line
NoahAg said:

Thankfully God doesn't care if I'm vaccinated, so I'll keep talking to Him directly.

But hey, keep using a middle-man if you want.

Username checks out.
diehard03
Quote:

I know no malice is intended here, but it reminds me of a broader problem that I see a lot in our non-denom circles: personal approval of what the church is doing as a requirement for one belonging.

Seems backwards to me. (your comment doesn't mean this - I am using it for a broader point)
Zobel
AG
The scripture commands us to confess our sins to each other as well. God has always, from the beginning, chosen to act in His creation through human beings. It is our honor and the purpose for which we were created. Doesn't matter if it is loving someone or feeding someone or announcing the forgiveness of sins.
diehard03
Quote:

The scripture commands us to confess our sins to each other as well.

it's a good challenge to us non-confessional folks. if you are not confessing your sins to your pastor, then who are you confessing your sins to?
94chem
diehard03 said:

Quote:

The scripture commands us to confess our sins to each other as well.

it's a good challenge to us non-confessional folks. if you are not confessing your sins to your pastor, then who are you confessing your sins to?

The people I sinned against?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
diehard03
Quote:

The people I sinned against?

Sure, there's a command to seek forgiveness, but does it stop there? Does James 6 simply point to Matthew 5 or is he giving us additional guidance in this area?
Beer Baron
AG
747Ag said:

Cancel culture.
747Ag
AG
Beer Baron said:

747Ag said:

Cancel culture.
It's good to see you too.
Solo Tetherball Champ
RAB91 said:

747Ag said:

I wonder how many people are actually going to go back when they open up.
RAB91
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

RAB91 said:

747Ag said:

I wonder how many people are actually going to go back when they open up.
There's no way to know for sure, but I'd guess for the short term it would be in the 60-80% will come back (20-40% won't). It will take years (if ever) before they hit pre-pandemic attendance. I hope I'm wrong, and people come back sooner, but fear and apathy are strong drivers.
jkag89
05AG said:

This is what they have on their website. Has they changed it?

New Jersey Parish Reverses Vaccine Mandate for Confessions
Quote:

A parish in the Diocese of Trenton will no longer restrict the sacrament of confession to those who have received a COVID vaccine, after a clarification from the diocese.

<snip>

The Church's Code of Canon Law states that confessions should not be refused, provided the proper conditions are met.

Canon 843 1 of the Code of Canon Law states that "The sacred ministers cannot refuse the sacraments to those who ask for them at appropriate times, are properly disposed, and are not prohibited by law from receiving them."

By Monday afternoon, the parish website had been updated to state that "Confessions Are Now Available" for all - but still separated those penitents who have been vaccinated from those who have not been vaccinated.

"Now that Fr. Mike has been vaccinated, the Sacrament of Penance will be available in two ways," said the website. "For those who have not been vaccinated, in the sanctuary of the church, face to face. For those who have been vaccinated, in the confessional where confession can take place anonymously."
Thaddeus73
AG
Our Lady of the Atonement in San Antonio is 100% back to normal- Communion on the tongue while kneeling, no masks/social distancing, confession in the confessionals, holy water in the fonts, etc...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.