Vatican bans "blessing" same sex Unions

5,941 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GaddafiHalp
FTAggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just read an article that 2600 priests and deacons in Germany signed a petition against the CDF statement, un. Real. It's a clown show in the church these days.
Gig'em
Spyderman
AG
Vatican related my friend
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
jkag89
Has absolutely nothing related to the topic in the OP, but I guess it the only way you think anyone take time to look at your inane video.
chimpanzee
Seems a fair amount of public pushback with no reports of anyone losing their collar over this. I'm curious what comes of the German "synodal path".

As for St. Joseph and the Holy Family, I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like to have the Lord in your own home caring for Him as you would a son. Their situation was unique, to say the least. Imagining a regular family life template on what they were going through rather demystifies the whole thing in my mind.

Spyderman
AG
jkag89 said:

Has absolutely nothing related to the topic in the OP, but I guess it the only way you think anyone take time to look at your inane video.
I certainly think its related. Be nice...
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
jkag89

Oh goody. Can we can expect you to attempt to derail any thread with this inane balderdash if you think it is related, no matter how remote that connection? Simple question, why didn't you simply start your own thread on topic of the video you inserted?
Captain Pablo
AG
jkag89 said:

Oh goody. Can we can expect you to attempt to derail any thread with this inane balderdash if you think it is related, no matter how remote that connection? Simple question, why didn't you simply start your own thread on topic of the video you inserted?

Nobody watches his dumb videos

Just ignore it. If nobody responds, it's not really a derail. It's just nothing. Like a post with no content. Same value to the discussion
Captain Pablo
AG
PabloSerna said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Mary and Joseph were married and never created a new life.

As a Catholic, I have understood through the teachings of the RCC, that as a married couple, my wife and I - cooperate with the will of God in his plan for our children. This is no different than our Lady's "yes" when the Angel Gabriel gave her the news about baby Jesus. A central aspect of Natural Family Planning is the consent of each person.

As for Mary and Joseph, we believe that Mary and Joseph abstained from the conjugal act. Joseph was well aware of who Mary was in the grand scheme of things (salvation) and was by all accounts a just man.

+++

You do raise a good question though, in light of the recent decree by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) or the magisterium, our teaching body, which centered its sights on the sexual nature of same sex couples. It is not a surprise as much to me that they took this stance, given the growing acceptance by many of the Laity and even the Bishops (particularly in Germany).

If one were to study the history of marriage in the Catholic Church, you will find about a 1000 year development to the current form. I don't believe we have ended that journey. The only detail of the statement that was somewhat surprising was the charged wording, "God does not bless sin." Well of course not. The statement and subsequent explanatory note made a great effort to say that this is not a judgement on the individual, but on the union itself. All are still welcomed. Just doesn't feel that way.

While I understand the sacramental nature of marriage as part of the order and vows we take - it always struck me as a kid who grew up fatherless when Saint Peter left his family to follow Jesus. Because I am such a visual person, I remember the scene from Zeffirelli's film Jesus of Nazareth, when Peter left and there is an image of a kid looking out towards him. What about our love and responsibilities? I'm sure there is more to it than just that - no doubt, it was a different time and place, but it does leave me wondering.

I am sure many Catholics will jump ship. I'm not one of them, because, I understand some things that I cannot deny (the nature of the eucharist for example). I do think that the pain of rejection by many LGBTQ+ Catholics and their allies, myself included, who see marriage between persons more than just children - will sting for a long time. The people that I have met that live a committed life to their spouses is in a word - "good". I would not characterize it as "sin" - although I understand that the Church has stated it as such.

+++

Before my wife and I were married in the Church, we were married by the Justice of the Peace in Bryan, Texas. If you know my story you know it was because I got her pregnant and wanted to "do right" by her as the saying goes. We were 20 years old at the time. In the eyes of the RCC, we were living in "sin". No different than what they have restated, so you have to give the CDF credit for being consistent. Which is why I am telling you that I am not surprised. The difference though for us was that the RCC has a path for us to be married before the eyes of God. Committed LGBTQ couples do not. Which is why when Pope Francis mentioned support for finding a way within the RCC, it gave many some hope for a "blessing" of civil unions. That door appears to be closed and it may never be opened again.

The good news though, is that we have a loving God. A God that knows our heart deeper than any teaching body and in the end we will each stand before to be laid bare. My heart is saddened that my Church has missed a chance to "find a way" but I am comforted in knowing that he leads me still. So I journey on.

+pablo

Why is it important to you that the Church "finds a way"?

The Church's position is clearly that homosexual conduct is sinful, and that sin should be rejected

Why should the Church do a 180 on that, and not only accept and not reject, but bless what it now considers sinful behavior?

Should the Church just say, OK everyone, we hereby declare that homosexual conduct is not sinful because, well, just because a lot of people want it to not be considered sinful anymore

I'm curious as to what it is exactly that you want to see the Church do

How does this work in your mind?
Spyderman
AG

The greater good?
chimpanzee
The Church has been pretty unambiguous about it's position, to its credit, but there's not a lot of discussion around the "why". The implications of the "why" reach well beyond homosexual acts/unions/orientations and run through a whole host of issues that are really uncomfortable to discuss about marriage, divorce, roles of families, value of chastity, etc.

The loss of moral authority over these issues via the abuse scandals, fairly or not, is a pivotal cultural point.

No one today takes an organization with a semi-secret subculture of same sex attracted men within its hierarchy and decades of sexual abuse cover-ups in its recent past seriously when it tells you not to move in with your fiancee before you're married.

And that's a shame, because what it does have to say is relevant and meaningful for a fruitful and dedicated family life, but nearly everyone has tuned them out to one degree or another on these issues, even those still in the pews.
Spyderman
AG
Are The Church and The Catholic Church one and the same? Are they possibly 2 entirely different entities?

The greater good?
Cassius
Good for the Catholics!
GaddafiHalp
I do not believe the Holy Father, nor anyone else who proclaims to on of the Abrahmic religions would ever be able to bless such a thing.

To bless something means to petition Allah that our actions and behavior be aligned with his divine will. It is not in Allah's divine will that man should be coupled with man, we know this from the book of Genesis where he formed Hawwa from the rib of the first man.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.