Vatican bans "blessing" same sex Unions

5,949 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GaddafiHalp
Dad-O-Lot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
God "Cannot bless sin"

I wonder if or how this will be reported in mainstream media.

Quote:

The Vatican decreed Monday that the Catholic Church cannot bless same-sex unions since God "cannot bless sin."
The Vatican's orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a formal response Monday to a question about whether Catholic clergy can bless gay unions.
The answer, contained in a two-page explanation published in seven languages and approved by Pope Francis, was "negative."
The decree distinguished between the church's welcoming and blessing of gay people, which it upheld, but not their unions.
The Vatican holds that gays must be treated with dignity and respect, but that gay sex is "intrinsically disordered." Catholic teaching holds that marriage between a man and woman is part of God's plan and is intended for the sake of creating new life.
Since gay unions are not intended to be part of that plan, they cannot be blessed by the church, the document said.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

God "Cannot bless sin"

I wonder if or how this will be reported in mainstream media.

Quote:

The Vatican decreed Monday that the Catholic Church cannot bless same-sex unions since God "cannot bless sin."
The Vatican's orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a formal response Monday to a question about whether Catholic clergy can bless gay unions.
The answer, contained in a two-page explanation published in seven languages and approved by Pope Francis, was "negative."
The decree distinguished between the church's welcoming and blessing of gay people, which it upheld, but not their unions.
The Vatican holds that gays must be treated with dignity and respect, but that gay sex is "intrinsically disordered." Catholic teaching holds that marriage between a man and woman is part of God's plan and is intended for the sake of creating new life.
Since gay unions are not intended to be part of that plan, they cannot be blessed by the church, the document said.

Glad to see the pope is stilL somewhat Catholic.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Based
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
747Ag
AG

RebelE Infantry
AG
Extra blue star for EMTV meme!
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
747Ag
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Extra blue star for EMTV meme!
My absolute favorite meme source.
UTExan
Being widely reported as "sin" on BBC, other outlets.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
PacifistAg
AG
Seems like this is simply being consistent with their views on the sinfulness of non-procreative sex.
Martin Q. Blank
How so? You can be married and abstain from sex.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

How so? You can be married and abstain from sex.
It's in the OP:

Quote:

Catholic teaching holds that marriage between a man and woman is part of God's plan and is intended for the sake of creating new life.
I don't agree with the Catholic teaching on this, but this latest position is consistent with their views of non-procreative sex.

Martin Q. Blank
Mary and Joseph were married and never created a new life.
PacifistAg
AG
Your issue is with what is apparently Catholic teaching. Not me. You'll need to run that by an actual Catholic.
Martin Q. Blank
No need to be rude. The Vatican didn't ban blessings of marriages of people who can't procreate. They only banned blessings of homosexual marriages. They don't even call it marriage, but a "union" since marriage can only be between a man and a woman.
lobopride
Martin Q. Blank said:

You sure about that?

Where did James, Jude, and Jesus' sister come from?
Martin Q. Blank
Not Mary and Joseph.
lobopride
Martin Q. Blank said:

Not Mary and Joseph.
I don't think we know one way or another. I think Catholic teaching was that Mary never had sex with another man but that isn't in the Bible.
PacifistAg
AG
Again, I referenced what was in the OP. You'll need to talk to a Catholic for further explanation. I'm no expert on their teachings, but again just referenced what was in the OP.
Martin Q. Blank
I'm sure you can come up with another example of a marriage where the husband and wife never had children.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Again, I referenced what was in the OP. You'll need to talk to a Catholic for further explanation. I'm no expert on their teachings, but again just referenced what was in the OP.
The OP says "God cannot bless sin." The ban is on blessing same sex unions. What is the sin?
PacifistAg
AG
Again, I already quoted, and put in bold, what was included in the OP. You'll need to go chat with a Catholic if you need more clarification.
lobopride
Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

The OP says "God cannot bless sin." The ban is on blessing same sex unions. What is the sin?
A same sex marriage is a lie. Blessing the marriage is condoning a lie which is sin.

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Again, I already quoted, and put in bold, what was included in the OP. You'll need to go chat with a Catholic if you need more clarification.
I'm just quoting the OP too.

First sentence: The Vatican decreed Monday that the Catholic Church cannot bless same-sex unions since God "cannot bless sin."

PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

but that gay sex is "intrinsically disordered." Catholic teaching holds that marriage between a man and woman is part of God's plan and is intended for the sake of creating new life.

Marriage is intended for the sake of creating life. It's why Catholic teaching opposes contraception. Since, according to their belief, gay sex is "disordered" since it cannot create life, then according to their belief, it is sinful.

Anything beyond that, you'll need to go find yourself a Catholic to chat with. Have a good one.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

but that gay sex is "intrinsically disordered." Catholic teaching holds that marriage between a man and woman is part of God's plan and is intended for the sake of creating new life.

Marriage is intended for the sake of creating life. It's why Catholic teaching opposes contraception. Since, according to their belief, gay sex is "disordered" since it cannot create life, then according to their belief, it is sinful.

Anything beyond that, you'll need to go find yourself a Catholic to chat with. Have a good one.
The article says that both gay sex and same sex unions are sinful. God cannot bless sin so the church will not bless same sex unions.
PacifistAg
AG
FalconAg06
The flagship of Apostolic Christianity once again upholding Orthodoxy, and handing a gigantic L to Sodom, Gomorrah and their disease riddled cheering section.

Reading the Divine Comedy right now, Virgil and the man himself would have something to say about the acceptance of sin.
Zobel
AG
Aramaic like Hebrew has no word for cousin or half-brother. Church tradition is that James was the Lord's half-brother, as St Joseph the Betrothed was a widower.
FalconAg06
Zobel said:

Aramaic like Hebrew has no word for cousin or half-brother. Church tradition is that James was the Lord's half-brother, as St Joseph the Betrothed was a widower.

Even when Protestants are being based it's a little cringe
RAB91
Good pope! It's been a while since I've said that.
Spyderman
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

I thought they had multiple children?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
747Ag
AG
Spyderman said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

You thought wrong.
Spyderman
AG
Sons of Jesus?747Ag said:

Spyderman said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

You thought wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_of_Jesus#:~:text=The%20Gospel%20of%20Mark%20(6,Jesus%2C%20the%20son%20of%20Mary.&text=Bonosus%20was%20a%20bishop%20who,of%20his%20province%20condemned%20him.

?

She married a virgin and bore our Lord as a virgin, but went on to procreate in the normal way. Had relations.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
jkag89
Spyderman said:

Sons of Jesus?747Ag said:

Spyderman said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

You thought wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_of_Jesus#:~:text=The%20Gospel%20of%20Mark%20(6,Jesus%2C%20the%20son%20of%20Mary.&text=Bonosus%20was%20a%20bishop%20who,of%20his%20province%20condemned%20him.

?

She married a virgin and bore our Lord as a virgin, but went on to procreate in the normal way. Had relations.
Did you even bother to read the whole wiki article you linked?
Faithful Ag

This 15 min video is well worth the time. The Blessed Virgin Mary did not have any other children after Jesus. Jesus did not have brothers or sisters from His Mother, Mary.
Unknown_handle
AG
You are a part of the problem with this world!

If people want to be seuxal deviants THEN JUST OWN IT! You don't need nor do you have God's absolution.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.