Modern UFO Theories More Coherent than Post-Modern Christianity

5,208 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by codker92
codker92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Post-Modern Christians decoupled from scripture think that water and not Jesus washes away sins, that God beamed information into Moses head that did not occur until 600 years after Moses death, and that eating some bread saves them somehow.

At the same time, UFO sightings at least try to use facts and data to make their points, though they are usually just as laughable. At least respectable people in the government entertain facts about UFO's.

Should rational people follow UFO religion instead of Christianity? Why should rational people join a church that doesn't read the bible and wants to talk about "feelings".
PacifistAg
AG
Are these the same Christians that embrace racism, such as race-based apartheid and brutal colonization?
craigernaught
AG
Imagine typing all that and thinking you're clever.
Shakes the Clown
I believe in the Salvation of Jesus Christ and the price he paid for us on the cross. I believe that many churches are turning away from what Jesus taught in the hills of and sea shores of Israel. The Word is getting watered down and swaying to the weight of political correctness and the evils of our World.

I also believe there are extra terrestrial - inter/intra dimensional beings. Are they benevolent? Who knows, maybe some are and some aren't (like us here on Earth). All God's Creation. I don't think they have souls so they will not be judged, but that's another long rabbit hole.

Cyprian
AG
You fail at the internet, please turn your computer back in
747Ag
AG

747Ag
AG
codker92 said:

Should rational people follow UFO religion instead of Christianity? Why should rational people join a church that doesn't read the bible and wants to talk about "feelings".

codker92
AG
Hmm lets see? Do I want to join a woke church that wears skinny jeans and talks about synchronicities of life or do I want to literally do anything else? No wonder troves of Americans, particularly males, are leaving the church in droves.

You aren't making God better. You are just making relationships, music, and critical literature study worse.

PacifistAg
AG
codker92 said:

Hmm lets see? Do I want to join a woke church that wears skinny jeans and talks about synchronicities of life or do I want to literally do anything else? No wonder troves of Americans, particularly males, are leaving the church in droves.

You aren't making God better. You are just making relationships, music, and critical literature study worse.

"Post modern"..."woke"...I'm just waiting for you to drop a "marxist" in there.

And goodness. What do skinny jeans have to do with anything? You can't study Scripture in skinny jeans? Only "post modernists" wear skinny jeans? And I don't think it's the "woke" that is causing men to leave the church. And this is a strange response to my comment.
PacifistAg
AG
Btw, here's a good article touching on your "men leaving the church in droves" comment:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2020/september-web-only/single-women-manhood-church-growth-gender-ratios-church.html
codker92
AG
I never said making the church manlier would make it bigger. I said that when you neglect scripture men will leave the church.
Hendrix
AG
There's life out there and I believe in life after but it's nothing like any religion on earth. Religions are all fiction. No one knows. There's more proof of ufos than Jesus. You really think the Bible is a true account written hundreds of year apart by different authors. Wake up.
codker92
AG
Yeah I agree. Few churches actually try to use data and facts to back up their claims today. You shouldn't believe them if they aren't willing to be honest with the data and the facts.

There is a lot of archaeological evidence that supports the Bible being true. http://biblicalstudies.info/top10/schoville.htm

Just because events in the Bible aren't explainable with tools of science doesn't render the book untrue or dishonest. People read or write biographies all the time where they have life changing events they attribute to supernatural forces, and we don't question those. For example, Abraham Lincoln's children died for no apparent reason, he attributes the acts to a sort of divine intervention spurring Him on to write his second inaugural address. Yet nobody questions it.
Hendrix
AG
I'm too logical and open minded for religion. I grew up in a religious house and I quickly caught on that it was all about money and who could dress the nicest on sunday. Plus I just couldn't square all the fake crap they were teaching me. The bible is fiction, and one hell of a good story, but that's it. Why does religion always seem to need more money, and even more strangely why do people feel compelled to give away hard earned cash to religion? Never made sense to me.
codker92
AG
Yeah I agree. Most of the stuff "churches" teach today isn't true. You don't need baptism, to tithe, or to take communion to be Christian. You just have to believe and stay believing in god.

Don't let them fool you.
Check out these articles about UFOs. They are really interesting. I think there is a good chance that life lives in outer space and other dimensions.

https://drmsh.com/?s=UFO
Zobel
AG
Yeah, you can just make up your own definition of Christianity and do whatever seems right to you. /postmodernist
ramblin_ag02
AG
Hendrix said:

I'm too logical and open minded for religion. I grew up in a religious house and I quickly caught on that it was all about money and who could dress the nicest on sunday. Plus I just couldn't square all the fake crap they were teaching me. The bible is fiction, and one hell of a good story, but that's it. Why does religion always seem to need more money, and even more strangely why do people feel compelled to give away hard earned cash to religion? Never made sense to me.

I'm Christian and despise all those things as much as you. Though I will point out that your emphasis on money is similar to some of the churches you criticize. There are many things in life more important than money, and wise charity is good for the soul.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Spyderman
AG
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
UTExan
The end result is that questions regarding UFOs, paranormal phenomena, aliens will be answered by God's word, for those willing to discard outdated paradigms.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

The end result is that questions regarding UFOs, paranormal phenomena, aliens will be answered by God's word
By lower case 'word', I assume you mean the Bible. Are you saying the Bible answers the questions of UFOs and aliens?
UTExan
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

The end result is that questions regarding UFOs, paranormal phenomena, aliens will be answered by God's word
By lower case 'word', I assume you mean the Bible. Are you saying the Bible answers the questions of UFOs and aliens?

Yes. Google biblical connections to UFOs and you will have a smorgasbord of information and opinions/speculation. Jesus references "as it was in the days of Noah" in his Matt. 24 discourse.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Spyderman
AG
codker92 said:

Post-Modern Christians decoupled from scripture think that water and not Jesus washes away sins, that God beamed information into Moses head that did not occur until 600 years after Moses death, and that eating some bread saves them somehow.

At the same time, UFO sightings at least try to use facts and data to make their points, though they are usually just as laughable. At least respectable people in the government entertain facts about UFO's.

Good synaptic processes going on here.

Lets make it more realistic and down to earth. More practical...

How much influence do you think ET races/beings have had on the origins and development on our world's religions?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
codker92
AG
I don't think enough evidence exists to say demons=extra terrestrials. Paul and some early church fathers attributed other religions to demonic activity, which, if true in ET terms would mean that demons are a sort of extra terrestrial. I think inter-dimensional is more accurate. I do attribute mass movements that cause people to fall away from Christ or do evil are in some cases caused by demons. But I am not fully convinced the demons of the Bible are ETs described by modern UFO accounts yet.

I don't berate people who think demons=ET because I think some similarities exist.
chimpanzee
bigcat22
AG
UTExan said:

Yes. Google biblical connections to UFOs and you will have a smorgasbord of information and opinions/speculation. Jesus references "as it was in the days of Noah" in his Matt. 24 discourse.

Interesting, I've never heard anyone try to connect the Olivet Discourse to aliens. As a post-millennialist I've always interpreted it as a warning regarding the upcoming persecution of Christians, Jewish-Roman wars and destruction of the Temple in 70 AD.
swimmerbabe11
codker92 said:

I never said making the church manlier would make it bigger. I said that when you neglect scripture men will leave the church.

I always feel like this is a wierd version of sexism...like why will only men leave? why do you think women don't crave Scripture just as much?
codker92
AG
Where did I say that women don't crave scripture?
swimmerbabe11
"Men will leave the church" not people. As though the desire for a Biblical truth is something specific to men.

IMO, what drives men specifically away from churches is the lack of responsibility. When women start taking leadership positions in the church, men don't have to..so they stop. The expectation that men must lead keeps them involved.
codker92
AG
You are putting words in my mouth. I don't honestly care about your opinion.
swimmerbabe11
Is it because I'm a woman?!?!?
swimmerbabe11
Also, you are the ones that are saying "particularly males", not me.
codker92
AG
No because it's not informed.
Spyderman
AG
codker92 said:

I don't think enough evidence exists to say demons=extra terrestrials. Paul and some early church fathers attributed other religions to demonic activity, which, if true in ET terms would mean that demons are a sort of extra terrestrial. I think inter-dimensional is more accurate. I do attribute mass movements that cause people to fall away from Christ or do evil are in some cases caused by demons. But I am not fully convinced the demons of the Bible are ETs described by modern UFO accounts yet.

I don't berate people who think demons=ET because I think some similarities exist.
If you came face to face with a Reptilian type ET, you most likely think demon IMO. Both way back then and today. Many are apparently telepathic. IE-could plant thoughts etc in your mind and you would never know it. Inspired by...?
We are talking beings that are considerably more advanced than we are. Millions...perhaps billions of years. The fact they are getting from out there to here and not using fossil fuels...yeah, much more advanced.

If we are looking for valid reasons governments have attempted to keep their existence "hidden", its things like this that might justify that stance. But, eventually the truth will come out.

Keep eyes and ears open to possible "transformative" news this summer.

The greater good?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.