American Catholicism a la Fr James Martin

974 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FTACo88-FDT24dad
FTACo88-FDT24dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The statements in this article are emblematic of American Catholicism a la Fr James Martin and pablo serna. Pablo, IMHO this is what your approach to abortion is fomenting. There can be no middle ground, especially for a faithful Catholic, when the issue is genocide. The views expressed by Hillary Clinton and a good Fr. James Martin Catholic like Pelosi speak for themselves. This is also the result of the spineless USCCB not publicly dealing with heterodoxy and the sin of scandal. Shame on them!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/pelosi-on-religious-americans-willing-to-sell-the-whole-democracy-down-the-river-over-abortion?utm_campaign=dw_newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=107319974&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--ouJdeDp6XAVTQbfxP1Yl6bJXtr77BMUXsylQffY_Hdijs-_9pLRy5M1vxxLrSnquRVJ4lTNEZjDc0OFg0xuIU_IOM0g&utm_content=insiders&utm_source=housefile

"Now, there's one other element that I have been talking about for a long time that gives me great grief as a Catholic. I think that Donald Trump is president because of the issue of a woman's right to choose," Pelosi said. "When he signed that paper saying, "These are the judges that I will appoint," that was the dog whistle to the Evangelicals, to the Catholics, and all the rest. A woman will not have the right to choose. And when you see the polls about impeachment now, 80 percent think what happened was wrong; 70-some percent said he's responsible, but 40-some percent don't think he should be impeached. Well, why? One issue: abortion."

"And that is enough," Pelosi added. "When you take the greed of those who want their tax cut, that's probably a small number, but nonetheless a number, and then you take the abortion issue and many of these people are very good people; that's just their point of view. But they were willing to sell the whole democracy down the river for that one issue."

Clinton followed up and accused pro-life politicians of using a misunderstanding of Catholicism to "obtain and use power" by capitalizing on many Americans' condemnation of abortion. The two women agreed that if someone is really against abortion, they should welcome contraception.
wbt5845
AG
There is no such thing as traditional Catholics and liberal Cathokics.

There are only Catholics and heretics.
RAB91
Fr. James Martin is doing quite a bit of damage to the Church. I think religious orders are overall a good thing, but he's a perfect example of how a lack of oversight/control by the Church brings out the worst in these orders. I've been critical of the mormon church over the years, but they have the oversight/control piece down. But it's a lot easier when your church is that small.
FTAggies
It's the old joke, he's not catholic he's a Jesuit.
Gig'em
PabloSerna
AG
I am against abortion for every reason the Catholic Church is against abortion. So you have me mixed up with someone else I believe.

FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
PabloSerna said:

I am against abortion for every reason the Catholic Church is against abortion. So you have me mixed up with someone else I believe.

Then you have my sincere apologies and I ask you to forgive me for falsely attributing something to you. I am sorry.
PabloSerna
AG
No worries.
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
PabloSerna said:

No worries.
Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.