Might as well do this now, so here you go

27,109 Views | 510 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PabloSerna
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I've held off on posting this for a while now, and based on the reaction, this very well may be my final post on this site. But, I respect many of you so deeply that I feel I owe it to you to be honest. Before I share this, I want to stress just how much deeper my faith in Jesus Christ is today than at any point in my life. I love Him deeply and will continue to serve Him until I meet my Savior face-to-face.

All that said, I think the best way to help digest this will be to simply share my story. I only ask that you read before commenting:

This is my story (pt 1)
This is my story (pt 2)
This is my story (pt 3)
This is my story (pt 4)

I won't respond to hateful comments. I won't respond to insults. Trust me, nobody here has wrestled with this subject a fraction of what I have. As I said, this very well may be my final post here, but this community has been part of my life for over 20 years now so I wanted to be honest finally.
schmendeler
AG
i read it. that sounds incredibly difficult. i can't imagine just how painful that life was.

i'm glad to hear that you're happy, and your wife and kids are happy as well.

i've considered you a good poster for a long time, and that won't change.

you're pretty brave posting this here.

i'm not sure this is the right word, but congrats, Natalie.
Aggrad08
AG
You always brought a unique perspective I hope you stick around and I wish you well if you don't.
PacifistAg
AG
Thank you to both of you. I really would prefer staying around. It really depends on if this aspect of who I am leads to others making this place toxic for me to be around. I pray it doesn't, because I do thoroughly enjoy this board.
schmendeler
AG
i tried to send you a pm, but it wouldn't go through. not sure why.
PacifistAg
AG
Feel free to email me at findingnatalie79@gmail.com.
Dumpster Fire
I'm currently reading your story, I don't post much, was also born in Tyler but have loved reading your posts over the years. They have helped me as I journey in my faith out of a similar strict fundamentalism to a more peaceful and loving expression/understanding. I have loved knowing that I can 'deconstruct' into a much deeper and closer relationship with Jesus without giving him up. Most people I know who deconstructed gave everything away including Jesus and I can't let go of him (or Him me I suppose).

So, thank you for your honesty and sharing over the years.

dermdoc
AG
Nothing but love from here
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beer Baron
AG
schmendeler said:

i tried to send you a pm, but it wouldn't go through. not sure why.
Same here, so I Facebook stalked you instead!
schmendeler
AG
sent
powerbelly
AG
I hope you stay around. I know your insights have caused me to reevaluate my thoughts and beliefs over the years.
Martin Q. Blank
How did your cult parents take this? Or have they left that? I can't say that I'm surprised since you seem very feminine, but I pray God will change your heart. And for your family. Hopefully this won't change this forum and our ability to have open conversations about gender dysphoria and the best approaches for it.
Beer Baron
AG
Good to see Staff cleaning up Bustup's post so quickly..
PacifistAg
AG
Beer Baron said:

Good to see Staff cleaning up Bustup's post so quickly..

Indeed.
diehard03
Pacifist,

I will continue to pray for you as a child of the Most High, not because of this, but because I would appreciate your continued prayers as well.

Please let us know if there's a pronoun change or anything we can do. I know you will respond with grace when we slip.

To the rest of us, we can surely have philosophical conversations around this topic and yet still treat someone whos involved with respect. Pacifist seems to be one who can handle this.

edit: I removed the portion in response to a troll post that staff cleaned up. the important part remains.
PacifistAg
AG
Quote:

since you seem very feminine

Well, that's flattering. Thank you. I didn't hear that when I was a combat infantry sergeant, or at any point prior to today on this board. Y'all just know how to flatter a woman.
PacifistAg
AG
Indeed. I don't demand a person be affirming. Just treat me with the respect and dignity that anyone who bears the image of God should be treated with. We can disagree without insults.

My faith in my Savior is unchanged. In fact, it's actually deeper since I'm not suicidal and constantly depressed. I know some here will deny my salvation, but at the end of the day, I know my hope rests in His promises, not strangers on social media. And I hope that having a sister-in-Christ who is transgender will help others grow in understanding and grace on this topic. But, don't expect to be flooded with trans-related topics from me. I won't change in what I discuss here.
FalconUnoSeis
AG
Toward the end of Pt. 4 you list your relational roles as wife, sister, daughter and parent. Just curious if there is a reason you chose "parent" over "mother".
PacifistAg
AG
FalconUnoSeis said:

Toward the end of Pt. 4 you list your relational roles as wife, sister, daughter and parent. Just curious if there is a reason you chose "parent" over "mother".

Good question. We had a lot of conversations with the kids about what they'll call me. They immediately began using she/her pronouns without any mistake, but they have called me 'dad' for so long that they wanted to keep it as that. So I just went with parent since in our home, my wife is 'mom'. It does make for some interesting experiences in public though lol.
UTExan
Very powerful personal story. Thanks for sharing.

Obviously the most difficult part for me to deal with was when you admitted to liking being an HR person.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
PacifistAg
AG
UTExan said:

Obviously the most difficult part for me to deal with was when you admitted to liking being an HR person.

I wish I had the crying/laughing emoji. This made me laugh. Hahaha
craigernaught
AG
I enjoyed reading your story. In part because I always wonder who the people are being these usernames I've known for so long, but also because its genuinely interesting and it seems like things have changed for the better

Please keep posting here. R&P is a better place with you around.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Thank you for sharing. I think you've been through a lot and I hope you are in a good place now.

Would love for you to keep posting here, you have always been one of my favorite posters.

(also, email sent).
Tanya 93
So proud of you my love
PacifistAg
AG
Tanya 93 said:

So proud of you my love

My Tanya!!! Thank you! Missing chatting with you. Hope all is well and my future SiL is kicking ass at everything.
Tanya 93
PacifistAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

So proud of you my love

My Tanya!!! Thank you! Missing chatting with you. Hope all is well and my future SiL is kicking ass at everything.
Me too

I should go back to twitter more often

The dad of your future grandbabies is currently the pork chop king on his Minecraft server. Apparently he has pig minions that kill pigs and produce 100's of pork chops a day to sell so he can get enchanted armor or potions.

At least he is using business skills so the kids can have their own lego room
PacifistAg
AG
Okay, that's just freaking awesome!

And you can come to twitter, or I could go to F16....lol, yeah I'll just keep messaging you on twitter.
Frok
AG
Wow, I'm shocked, had no idea.

Not sure what I think, but appreciate you sharing.
Patriot101
I don't really have the words to write. But I appreciate your service to our country. I appreciate your honesty.
I appreciate you for your pursuit of truth.
May you be blessed. I would be your friend, if you were closer. I'm not here to judge you. Scripture judges me, too.

These are some personal issues that must be discussed on the personal level, i feel. If you ever wanted any feedback from me, If you are ever in Rockwall, TX, then pm me and we can grab some coffee at Starbucks or something.
chimpanzee
I think here, behind the screen, we should let the validity of our arguments carry the day. Whatever else any of us have going on might be dragged into things for sport or spite or whatever, and I could see that being enough to call it a day eventually. I've left more than one forum for far more banal reasons, so it's your call OP, but it might not come to that.

Your input here is just as good as anyone's, whatever one makes of any of our situations, engaging topics remain engaging with good discussion.

Grace and peace to you, Pacifist.
Zobel
AG
Thanks for sharing. Wish you luck, and peace.
Green2Maroon
AG
Thank you for sharing your story. I served in the Army too and I can only imagine going through everything you did on top of the typical Army stuff. It sounds like you have your life together more than most of us do. Happily married still, good career and everything. It sounds like a good outcome.
Duncan Idaho
Ive followed your posts on here for years and it's been clear that you have been struggling with something for a while. I hope this gives you some peace.
my best wishes to you and your family.
PacifistAg
AG
I just wanted to thank everyone who responded with kindness, even if one disagrees with my transition. One doesn't need to be affirming to be loving and respectful, especially about something that most don't understand. So, thank you.

Ol_Ag_02
AG
God is Love!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.